[ROM] ICS_METAL-alfa01 (Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3)

Guest superandrex

Guest superandrex

This is a port of the ICS SDK15 version (4.0.3)

you can follow my work on GIT or TWITTER

the port is at 25%

what works:

• sensors
  • adreno accel. hw (95%)
  • touchscreen
  • bluetooth
  • more..

After editing ADRENO drivers I managed to get 3D acceleration, I have yet to resolve some bugs but the bulk is done for now :)

UPDATE

I finished editing the KGSL drivers, but not work now because I have to edit also PowerMenager (pm). When I will have finished the edits the GPU should obtain the best performace on ICS.

THANKS

TechnoLover for the kernel source that I'm basing my work.

Edited by superandrex

Guest Unbr8kbal

Guys,

I'm like a Programmer, i know from java to vb(or even python) i know that the kernels are written in C? Well at least that's what i thought it was, if you guys need a hand, would love to help since i'm also a Liquid Metal Owner.

Thanks

In that tutorial you can import the ics for your computer onto your mobile. which is pretty useless. As i guess you wont be able to call or anything etc. Wi-Fi might work though.

Guest superandrex

In that tutorial you can import the ics for your computer onto your mobile. which is pretty useless. As i guess you wont be able to call or anything etc. Wi-Fi might work though.

I'm trying with the same method to port the ROM Virtuoso but definitely something i wrong because it does not start.

What are the exact steps?

Now I want to try this with TechnoLover's Kernel for CM7.

It is a ROM. You will need to flash the bin file of desire Z and then install the ROM. (If i am right) Which means you are on the way to brickign your phone.

Guest superandrex

UPDATE:

I managed to create a zip of the ROM with custom build.prop;

for the boot i have modified TechnoLover's Kernel (editing init.rc).

Finally I made these steps:

1. restored stock rom
  2. full wipe
  3. flash ROM.zip
  4. flash custom TechnoLover's Kernel for CM

Now when start android, its restart into recovery at finish kernel load.

What could be the problem?

Edited by superandrex

Read this post :

The 8- How to port a ROM for the Liquid Thing

These files MUST be copied if you want to port any other mobile's ROM. desire Z in this case. It will work then.

Guest superandrex

Read this post : http://android.modac...ost__p__1608930

The 8- How to port a ROM for the Liquid Thing

These files MUST be copied if you want to port any other mobile's ROM. desire Z in this case. It will work then.

I had already done those steps. Seems a problem of the framework or some apk, I had already had to deal with a similar problem.

If you want to try I can up the zip files.

ps

sorry for my english, i'm italian.

Yup share it. Let me try too.

in case the mobile bricks we use NVFlash right?

Would flashing gapps do the trick? Because they are also telling to flash gapps afterwards

Edited by hfbvm

Guest after_silence

I had already done those steps. Seems a problem of the framework or some apk, I had already had to deal with a similar problem.

If you want to try I can up the zip files.

ps

sorry for my english, i'm italian.

If your zip is rebooting into recovery so maybe you need to try to assemble with deploy 1 or 0 (i dont know which one you have used then assemble boot.img with changed init.rc).

Anyway can you make a logcat of booting and paste it on pastebin.com for example to see what is wrong?

Maybe you should Re flash Default ROM. Full wipe. Then flash your ROM.zip . Ignore technolovers mod for now. After the base starts working we could try using that.

Guest superandrex

Maybe you should Re flash Default ROM. Full wipe. Then flash your ROM.zip . Ignore technolovers mod for now. After the base starts working we could try using that.

I built the ZIP basing it entirely on stock ROM (included boot.img); fixed some errors but now I'm stuck, boot hangs however.

Mainly in dmsg:

request_suspend_state: wakeup (0->0) at 11273801337 (2012-02-08 02:01:28.898742884 UTC) pid=1
while logcat
02-08 02:02:58.656: I/dun_service(103): The value returned from dun_getusbmodemstate_fromsys is 2 

see entire logcat and dmsg

I built the ZIP basing it entirely on stock ROM (included boot.img); fixed some errors but now I'm stuck, boot hangs however.

Mainly in dmsg:

request_suspend_state: wakeup (0->0) at 11273801337 (2012-02-08 02:01:28.898742884 UTC) pid=1
while logcat
02-08 02:02:58.656: I/dun_service(103): The value returned from dun_getusbmodemstate_fromsys is 2 

see entire logcat and dmsg

To begin, the best way is to use the Desire Z ROM as it is, with the MT kernel. Then step by step try to fix issues and add files when missing.

For now, you should not replace any file.

I don't see anything that could help in dmesg nor logcat.

Guest superandrex

To begin, the best way is to use the Desire Z ROM as it is, with the MT kernel. Then step by step try to fix issues and add files when missing.

For now, you should not replace any file.

I don't see anything that could help in dmesg nor logcat.

Desire Z ROM is too "disordered," it takes too long to remove the unnecessary parts.

Since most of dev is doing the porting the SDK image also I decided to take that direction and in fact I got the expected results rolleyes.gif after setting the EGL libs and others ICS was started without problems biggrin.gif

Boot is fast, but I managed to configure the touch screen only partially. Finished I will start to fix the rest. For touchscreen should I configure the file "/system/usr/idc/cypress-ts.idc" or cypress-ts.c in the kernel source.

Who helps me?

ps

tomorrow if I have time I will upload ZIP file.

Edited by superandrex

Guest after_silence

There is no need to fix kernel about touchscreen if you will build cm9 from sources, just need to add BOARD_USE_LEGACY_TOUCHSCREEN := true in boardconfig.

Or if you want to fix kernel, so you need something like this or this IMO.

Edited by after_silence

Guest superandrex

There is no need to fix kernel about touchscreen if you will build cm9 from sources, just need to add BOARD_USE_LEGACY_TOUCHSCREEN := true in boardconfig.

Or if you want to fix kernel, so you need something like this or this IMO.

Could fill cypress-ts as a module and everything would be easier. The problem is that I downloaded the kernel source from the acer site but are incomplete ohmy.gif

ps

How about if I put a description of ports state in the first post with a screenshot?

Edited by superandrex