Tips on selling my Blade (factory reset, putting SD card in new phone etc)

Guest insurgente

Guest insurgente

It's been a wild ride.... My Orange San Francisco was my first foray in to the world of smart phones and it's opened my eyes.

however recently we've grown apart. I've shacked up with a new phone. So I'm looking to sell my Blade/San Fran on ebay, to make a bit of pocket money.

Just looking for some tips to make it nice and fresh and clean for the next person... It's already locked/rooted/ on Moldovan Mile High Mountain (may put the latest version on before I sell it)

How do I ensure I don't leave any of my info on it? (i.e. all those pictures of me dressed in drag... my log ins for websites) A factory reset? Or to do all the formatting in ClockWork?

I have a 16gb SD card that I intend to put in my new phone.... would it be a good idea to format that (in windows or in clockwork) to ensure the new phone starts with a clean slate?

Thanks.... the quality of this forum and the developers has been one of the greatest aspects of owning this phone

Guest Yami Prem

Bump for suggestions as I am also looking to sell my San Fran (upgrade time!).

I don't understand why one would lock their phone back up. Selling unlocked phones is sometimes more profitable, no? Also, I'm going to flash back to stock rom, but OP isn't. I'm confused why not. Doesn't it look illegitimate that way?

Also, I did TPT to GEN2 from GEN1 so, I'll need to do that too, I presume.

Again, I didn't want to create a new topic esp. when this is a recent thread on the same subject so tell me if I am in the wrong.

Guest insurgente

Bump for suggestions as I am also looking to sell my San Fran (upgrade time!).

I don't understand why one would lock their phone back up. Selling unlocked phones is sometimes more profitable, no? Also, I'm going to flash back to stock rom, but OP isn't. I'm confused why not. Doesn't it look illegitimate that way?

Also, I did TPT to GEN2 from GEN1 so, I'll need to do that too, I presume.

Again, I didn't want to create a new topic esp. when this is a recent thread on the same subject so tell me if I am in the wrong.

yea i won't be locking the phone...it's worth more unlocked

I've seen phones on ebay with non-stock ROMs.... the main reason is that i can't really be a*sed to go back to stock. I assume whoever buys it can do whatever they want with it...maybe I'm wrong. I'm just gonna sell it 'as is', maybe it'll appeal to someone who was scared of rooting it themselves

i just want to make sure everything is GONE from the phone (like my log in details etc)

Guest Yami Prem

I updated mine to gen3, wiped the sd card, factory reset and sold it.

I've just finished flashing to stock. Formatted the SD card (from Settings option in phone). It's still unlocked and not sure if it's still rooted - I'm guessing it is, don't care. All my contacts and everything is gone, so good sign.

Like OP, how do I make sure it's completely clean?

EDIT: Clockworkmod is still there though. How do I get rid of/replace that back to original? :o

Edited by Yami Prem

Guest Davidoff59

factory resetting the phone will render it safe. However, unless you want those, pictures of you in drag ending up on the internet, do not sell the phone with a used memory card. pictures and such are very simple to restore along with anything else you had on it, from note book reminders, apps, pics and whatever else can be stored on the SD card. So if necessary, buy a 1 gb card and sell that with the phone.

Guest insurgente

factory resetting the phone will render it safe. However, unless you want those, pictures of you in drag ending up on the internet, do not sell the phone with a used memory card. pictures and such are very simple to restore along with anything else you had on it, from note book reminders, apps, pics and whatever else can be stored on the SD card. So if necessary, buy a 1 gb card and sell that with the phone.

^yea thanks for that... I have a 16GB card so I intend to put that in my Motorola Defy... I have a spare 2GB card I can put in the phone to sell. So everything will be saved on the card rather than the phone itself? Would it be wise to format the 16gb card before I put it in my Defy, so it can start afresh?

My phone is currently Gen 2...not sure if I want the hassle to upgrade to Gen 3, bah :D

Guest insurgente

^yea thanks for that... I have a 16GB card so I intend to put that in my Motorola Defy... I have a spare 2GB card I can put in the phone to sell. So everything will be saved on the card rather than the phone itself? Would it be wise to format the 16gb card before I put it in my Defy, so it can start afresh?

My phone is currently Gen 2...not sure if I want the hassle to upgrade to Gen 3, bah :D

Actually, just seen on the cex.co.uk site that they seem to pay good money for an unlocked San francisco... I may just do that. I'd say it's in 'A' condition but what do I know

Guest Davidoff59

I think a format would be the safest thing to so before using it in the defy. back up any music or pics to your PC first if you want to keep them