advent vega won't boot

Guest JackzR

My advent vega turns with a black screen with the backlight on and nothing comes up on the screen. It doesn't make a difference if the power is in or not.

last few uses of it was saying it was low on storage space.

firmware is Corvus5

Is there anything I can do to get it to work. reinstalling something? will i lose the files on memory stick?

Thanks!

Jack

Edited by JackzR

Guest ursulavasey

My advent vega turns with a black screen with the backlight on and nothing comes up on the screen. It doesn't make a difference if the power is in or not.

last few uses of it was saying it was low on storage space.

firmware is Corvus5

Is there anything I can do to get it to work. reinstalling something? will i lose the files on memory stick?

Thanks!

Jack

I would suggest you reinstall Corvus 5, if that is your preferred rom. You will not lose the files on the memory stick. Once you have it up and running again, you should check what apps you have on the card and the Vega, and delete things you don't need. For example, apps you don't use, earlier copies of roms, etc. You can back them up to the computer first, in case you need them another time, then copy them back to the card as required.

I would suggest you reinstall Corvus 5, if that is your preferred rom. You will not lose the files on the memory stick. Once you have it up and running again, you should check what apps you have on the card and the Vega, and delete things you don't need. For example, apps you don't use, earlier copies of roms, etc. You can back them up to the computer first, in case you need them another time, then copy them back to the card as required.

I installed the offical software on advent wesbite

then installed corvus sp1 then corvus 5 and hc theme. and its working now

only problem is when i used to put the usb in it used to say do you want to connect this.

now its not doing saying anything and not connecting to the computer.. how can i fix this?

thanks

Edited by JackzR

Guest ursulavasey

I installed the offical software on advent wesbite

then installed corvus sp1 then corvus 5 and hc theme. and its working now

only problem is when i used to put the usb in it used to say do you want to connect this.

now its not doing saying anything and not connecting to the computer.. how can i fix this?

thanks

I would suggest you reinstall the drivers using AUDI. AUDI allows you to install drivers, and install roms too. For your purpose though, just install the drivers, following the on-screen instructions. There are threads on AUDI all over the Advent Vega pages, and a quick search should find it for you. Installing the drivers may help your Vega to read the usb lead and recognise a connection between the Vega, USB and the computer.

Also, have you tried to connect the Vega to the computer with the mains lead connected?

Edited by ursulavasey