Icecream Sandwich

Guest hfbvm

So I asked many acer accounts on twitter. BUt none are active. Finally i found acer indonesia. It was active and they replied to me. What they said is :

ditunggu ya info lengkapnya di FB dan twitter Acer Indonesia :)

And since i dont know what it said i translated using google which translates it to:

yes awaited full info on FB and twitter Acer Indonesia :)

So i guess we can hope for Ice cream sandwich in the near future. Unlike previous speculations which said icecream sandwich is highly unlikely.

Guest Dr.Luigi

Wow,

If Acer updates us phone too ICS they are gonna get a great name for me,

Never thought they would update an year old phone too ICS...

If there next phones are as great as Metal i will prolly buy them!

Guest Smeelious

Wow,

If Acer updates us phone too ICS they are gonna get a great name for me,

Never thought they would update an year old phone too ICS...

If there next phones are as great as Metal i will prolly buy them!

Aside from a WP7 device...(the Allegro) I haven't seen a darn thing from Acer in terms of upcoming phones. Maybe the MWC will have something interesting. However, if indeed they are working on ICS it stands to reason they'll have a phone to support it. Like how the metal got gingerbread from the Stream.

@smeelious: Exactly what i thought. I too am expecting a new addition to the liquid series. But apparently there have been no rumours about any new phones.

Edited by hfbvm

Guest Carlogea

hank you for contacting Acer UK.

We understand your concern and would like to inform you, due to technical issues, the models which are already marketed are not eligible for Android 4.0 update.

If you have any further queries, please reply us with the serial number and place and date of purchase of the computer.

For further assistance please do not hesitate to email or contact us on 0871 760 1000 (UK), 0818 202 210 (Eire).

Regards,

Sidney Lawrence Jason

Agent ID 1186

Acer UK Online Technical Support Team

Edited by Carlogea

Guest Smeelious

We understand your concern and would like to inform you, due to technical issues, the models which are already marketed are not eligible for Android 4.0 update.

If you have any further queries, please reply us with the serial number and place and date of purchase of the computer.

For further assistance please do not hesitate to email or contact us on 0871 760 1000 (UK), 0818 202 210 (Eire).

Regards,

Sidney Lawrence Jason

Agent ID 1186

Ouch.

Regards,

Sidney Lawrence Jason

Agent ID 1186

Lol! Did anyone notice this?

Guest Lens_flare
place and date of purchase of the computer.

just autobot.. the real situation is not so bad :P

At least iconia smart will definetely have ICS(due to acer policy: one device-one update). Then we could port it as fully working ics (libraries would be partially same though).

Guest madoblado

Regards,

Sidney Lawrence Jason

Agent ID 1186

sad.gif

Bad news. However, I'm waiting for android 4.0

Guest madoblado

just autobot.. the real situation is not so bad :P

At least iconia smart will definetely have ICS(due to acer policy: one device-one update). Then we could port it as fully working ics (libraries would be partially same though).

I hope you are right