Help me unlock GSII to find the owner!

Guest Bouncer5

Guest Bouncer5

So I found a GSII on the train today, Nobody to been seen so I picked it up and took it with me, Got home to discover a lock screen, No smudges on the screen to guess the lock. Look at the SD Card there's a few images of a kid and some toys but that is all, Im guess everything else is on the internal memory.

Anyway to unlock this device and get any info to contact the owner, Tried the networks, they said it has not been reported as lost or stolen.

Not the kind of guy to keep this. I have a Galaxy Nexus :P

Guest Pakatus

Happened the same stuff to me.

What i did was get the imei (from back battery) and contacted the network to get some info on the owner..

Luckilly was a network bundle phone and they directed me to the owner..

PS: Pretty blonde girl btw :D

PS2: Mayeb you're lucky

Guest stevenz

You could take it to the police, someone might claim it from there, otherwise just keep it charged and turned on, someone is bound to call it sooner or later.

Guest Bouncer5

I went to the recovery and wipe the phone, This allowed me to look at the internal memory card were I found a few photos of a named child, I found this 2 year old on facebook and from there found the mother and owner of the phone, She told me she had been given a new one on her insurance and to keep it but if I could give her her pictures that would be great.

So for a few days I had a MP3 player as the phone was blocked. A very nice fellow swapped out the mainboard for £50 after my story. And now I have a fully working GS2