Bricked T-Mobile Vvacity

Guest The smartphone

Guest ROMZERO

thanks for your reply just i seen your comment on the fish n chips thread about roms using the sleekest... (to which i agree) . im running fish n chips too with 40mb partition and hoping i dont get any screen freezes this time round lol thanks again.

No I'm running fish n chips with 40mb & CWM.

Edited by ROMZERO

Guest The smartphone

If you get into FTM mode holding down the vol button that's all you're supposed to get! You won't get into clockwork proper until you install the correct ROM.

The blue version of CWM is a newer version not compatable with the roms on here IIRC.

If your soft keys don't work in CWM you need to continually press 'down' until cheat mode is enabled, which lets you use the power button as 'select'.

HTH

The trick didn't seem to work. I pressed the Vol- button repeatedly and also continuously for some time, but the power button didn't cause any noticeable effect...

On my TMV I press down until I've scrolled though the menu 3 times and some text appears at the bottom saying "back button enabled "

I can't test it because all of my capacitive buttons work.

... Or is it the vol- button becomes select?

Edited by fr0do

Guest The smartphone

On my TMV I press down until I've scrolled though the menu 3 times and some text appears at the bottom saying "back button enabled "

I can't test it because all of my capacitive buttons work.

... Or is it the vol- button becomes select?

No, doesn't work for me. I guess my CWM has been damaged...

Guest ROMZERO

the cheat menu didnt work for me either, like i said you only have a partial clockworkmod on your phone, try flashing it again.there is even a youtube tutorial on youtube if your unsure that'll take you thro the process

No, doesn't work for me. I guess my CWM has been damaged...

Guest The smartphone

the cheat menu didnt work for me either, like i said you only have a partial clockworkmod on your phone, try flashing it again.there is even a youtube tutorial on youtube if your unsure that'll take you thro the process

I guess it's my last resort, will try re-flashing it on another machine...

Guest The smartphone

I guess it's my last resort, will try re-flashing it on another machine...

Ok, so I tried another box (Windows 7 64 bit) and reflashing in FMT mode actually worked! So now I got original ROM + unlocked phone. Basically only need to install de-branded ROM and restore previously backed up settings and I'm done :)

I guess a lesson learned here - if something doesn't work on one machine, maybe try a different one.

Thanks a lot for your help guys!

Guest ROMZERO

i knew you'd get it eventually, btw i recccomend fish n chips rom it has the correct kernel built in also your welcome enjoy it.

Ok, so I tried another box (Windows 7 64 bit) and reflashing in FMT mode actually worked! So now I got original ROM + unlocked phone. Basically only need to install de-branded ROM and restore previously backed up settings and I'm done :)

I guess a lesson learned here - if something doesn't work on one machine, maybe try a different one.

Thanks a lot for your help guys!

Guest The smartphone

i knew you'd get it eventually, btw i recccomend fish n chips rom it has the correct kernel built in also your welcome enjoy it.

Thanks, that's the one I have my eyes on. I don't use bluetooth, which seems to be the only discussed issue right now.