EXCLUSIVE: New details on the forthcoming HTC Endeavor superphone (Part 1)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

[Edit: More details online in this post!]

We've just had some details drop in our inbox about the HTC Endeavor (sic), HTC's forthcoming flagship that is expected to launch at MWC later this month.

Our source confirms what we've heard about the Endeavour already, namely it's an ICS phone with a 4.7" 720P screen. It seems that it will be packing an 8 Megapixel Camera, 1.3 Megapixel front facing camera, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0. 1GB RAM is onboard.

Chipset wise, the Endeavour seems to be Tegra 3 based (1.5GHz Quad Core) - something of a departure from HTC's Qualcomm focus of old. The phone is toting quad band HSPA+ radio, not penta-band (thereby not a true worldphone).

Sense 4.0 is of course on board, as well as HTC's usual software tweaks, as well as the full Beats experience.

I'll be posting more information as we get it, stay tuned! :)

This item was promoted to the News page - click here to view.

Guest montalbert

No thanks HTC. Not unless you leave the bootloader unencrypted.... HTC's half-arsed unlock method (still need to fastboot kernels) is not good enough, and if you do use their unlock method you lose your warranty which is not a good idea with their crappy build quality lately (so many issues with my sensation- as did many others)....

Guest roscoe141

Wish they'd start releasing top end 3.7 inch phones again. I'm ready from an upgrade from my HTC Desire but I'm loathe to renew to one of these 4.3 inch screened phones as they're just too frikkin big.

Guest radatia

I'm a little concerned about the 1GB RAM....that's the same as the Galaxy SII, supposedly a last generation phone. Although it seems a lot, RAM is always the thing that has stopped a phone getting Android updates, or hampered community Roms (think of the G1 particularly).

Upgrading from a Galaxy S, I would have been happy to go back to HTC (if the camera optics were up to scratch), but now I may wait for the GSIII which supposedly has more RAM....anybody else agree?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.