[ROM][beta]CyanogenMod 9

Guest Lens_flare

Guest liquid metal newbie

idk if any of u encounter these problems but

1> while listening to music if i turn on the Bluetooth the Apollo music player stops :(

2> sound quality when on phone speaker is horrible :unsure:

3> also microphone is not working properly sometimes people hear two voices and sometimes they do not hear anything at all :angry2:

also system partition is very small compared to the size of gaaps so i delete the "/system/media/videos "

and all the ringtones except one which i normally use

i also delete unneeded apps like "camera" "email" "spare parts" "developer tools" this frees up almost 50 to 60 mb in system partiton :D

and i use this (20120201) version of gapps they are only 23mb in size

Guest Lens_flare

seems you'll get not only gapps-compatible release, but also a native masstorage-powered release :D

I just tried to optimise miui performance somehow and came up with fixes for legacy (like ours) usb devices. For now I just can't precise if tether needs something like that too..

Camera seems anyway needs a kernel hacking. Situation with mobile data is the same as my intention was about miui fixes.

Guest vache

I'll look at those issues, it may help also for Iconia Smart.

From what i remembered i had front and back camera working with CM9 on Iconia Smart, maybe you could have a look at Iconia Smart kernel sources to check camera drivers. But had same issues with data.

Edit : My CameraHardwareInterface.h is a bit different : http://pastebin.com/iWvjRNBz

And in the BordConfig.mk i have :

BOARD_CAMERA_USE_GETBUFFERINFO := true

TARGET_LEGACY_CAMERA := true

Edited by vache

Guest Lens_flare
From what i remembered i had front and back camera working with CM9 on Iconia Smart, maybe you could have a look at Iconia Smart kernel sources to check camera drivers.

great, but our cameras are different ;[

And as MT source is also intended to A5 platform, nothing to do though..

had same issues with data.

could you precise is it a qualcomm baseband incompatibility or just LGEQualcommRIL nonideal?

My CameraHardwareInterface.h is a bit different : http://pastebin.com/iWvjRNBz

ah, that is a stub in my includes, real one is in the same folder as camera.

BOARD_CAMERA_USE_GETBUFFERINFO := true

have that, dunno if it still exists

TARGET_LEGACY_CAMERA := true

Haven't found that in cm source..

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest Mtman1

Downloading. What was wrong with gapps and how did you fix it? I'm just curious.

Edit: the gapps has both phonesky.apk and Googleplaystore3.5.19 (or something like that). What's the point on them both?

Thanks for this btw

Edited by Mtman1

Guest Lens_flare
What was wrong with gapps and how did you fix it?

Cache size.. too low to contain all of these apps, so I have deleted some of them like wallpapers and spare parts.

the gapps has both phonesky.apk and Googleplaystore3.5.19

dunno what is phonesky, but Google play store is obviously a market.

Guest Don Tsnm

Then, only need the camera and data for a 100% working rom of ICS!! :D

I am very happy ^_^ Our phone is very powerful and only need ICS to be perfect!

Guest ltpitt

Cache size.. too low to contain all of these apps, so I have deleted some of them like wallpapers and spare parts.

dunno what is phonesky, but Google play store is obviously a market.

Great news!

Does this information involve other problems in a hypotetic future use?

Guest remisch

Well, maybe my questions would not be very wise, as I haven't yet been preparing any ROM building for Android phones, but I from my experience on ordinary Linux kernels on Gentoo, I'd like to ask:

HTH.

Guest Lens_flare
is currently ICS used kernel updated to Qualcomm Aurora tree? - https://www.codeauro...P/ics_chocolate (profile for 7630 chipset)

nop. But technolover attempted to do something like that(applied some patches from CA). Mostly our kernel is stock.

Huawei Ideos U8800 as on XDA http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1492957 seems to be similar, though camera chipset maybe other...

yes, I am using their camera lib. And they don't have CM9 but have damn codeaurora build I couldn't make to compile(last error was about GPS).

Guest remisch
nop. But technolover attempted to do something like that(applied some patches from CA). Mostly our kernel is stock.

Well... stock kernel without CA patches won't obviously work, as it's written for other than ours MSM7x30 chipset.

yes, I am using their camera lib. And they don't have CM9 but have damn codeaurora build I couldn't make to compile(last error was about GPS).

OK - I see.

Their github for U8800 is here https://github.com/dzo, as I have to finish some ongoing hurry job issues, I don't have enough time to finish building my Linux development workstation... but I will in next two weeks (at least hope to do so ;-) and I'll be able to help in development.

HTH.

Edited by remisch