[ROM][beta]CyanogenMod 9

Guest Lens_flare

Guest davidevinavil

Hey guy what do you think about flash an older rom like froyo and put over cm9? Doing so we could use old baseband that maybe more opensource and maybe have data working...

Guest Lens_flare
what do you think about flash an older rom like froyo and put over cm9? Doing so we could use old baseband that maybe more opensource and maybe have data working...

It's harder than just understand a last step..

I tried, it won't boot, coz seems not only baseband changed. If there were a way to just flash baseband like on htc-s..

ED:

I have accidentally reproduced our data issue on CM7. I just executed at boot:

strace qmuxd[/CODE]

and guess what? NO APN selected and connection hungs.

So my only guess - there are 2 or more qmuxd which are concurrent, so nothing could access to them.

ED2:

it's true but I forgot 1 little detail: [b]I am[/b] that 2nd qmuxd :D strace logs doesn't attach to process but creating new one with the same name, so any of old link it have was erased.

On gb seems qmuxd behaves another way that allow netmgrd and frameworks to stay connected, so "connection refused" won't appear.

When I'm running qmuxd+netmgrd at 2 terminal sessions on ics, I see all of those functioning, qmuxd accepting connection, ioctls and whatnot, netmgrd connects and performs events(which btw always timed out)

so now I doubt it's binary issue..

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest Lens_flare

as things are so bad, I went to peripherial hw/sw fixes:

fixed USB Tether, added bluetooth tether - of course I couldn't test them to prove fully working without actual mobile data, but they should be now right implemented.

Now I know there is no need in new usb gadget at all, new way system handles usb - init.platform.usb.rc just could be changed to write old kind values.

Also fixed persistent "problem parsing idx 1" so that I got traffic control to work[was quite easy to fix after googling all aspects]. Now I know it's definitely not affecting data connection.

so for now in peripherial TODO List:

-migrate to wpa supplicant 8 -> maybe fixes wifi tether and improves wifi connectivity speed

-metallic voice

-wow, that's all? Hey guys, I must say we on 2 steps of fully working ics ;D

Guest vidalix

you're right... but don't worry, i think you can do it well!!!

just a bit of time!!! :P

great work!!!

Edited by vidalix

Guest MadMousse

Will the MAC address changing after reboot problem be fixed ?

Anyway great jobs guys, particularly Lens, for doing nearly all the job from scratch. Congrats !

Edited by MadMousse

Guest Lens_flare
Will the MAC address changing after reboot problem be fixed ?

no. ICS have too messy wpa_supplicant to even make soft access point(wifi tether) work, I'm not speaking about mac, where wlan_tool actually won't do its job correctly.

Guest Lens_flare

ah damn, mine post seems reset..

alright, reporting:

version updated, fixed 3rd party hard/software such as: usb/wifi/bluetooth tethers, traffic monitor, experimentally updated wifi - 6.0->8.0.

Now the main issue remained..

Guest chemicalbuz

alright, reporting:

version updated, fixed 3rd party hard/software such as: usb/wifi/bluetooth tethers, traffic monitor, experimentally updated wifi - 6.0->8.0.

yeah awesome guys! Almost perfect..

Guest ltpitt

alright, reporting:

I love this!

Guest LoveForEver1325

He needs help from other devs so nobody knows when he will have finished. The only thing you can do if you are a dev is helping hem or just wait if you aren't one

Guest Lens_flare
A question... is USB otg (usb host) implemented in this rom?

At last nothing has been done on that direction, you always could try as ics introducing native solution for it and kernel have something named "msm72k otg device"

Guest chemicalbuz

lens i just asked help to a developer friend of mine about our situation, he told me to ask to this user on xda who is very good on kernel related issues, his username is franciscofranco, i would contact him by my self but i can't explain the situation, if you want try to ask him

Guest Lens_flare
ask to this user on xda who is very good on kernel related issues, his username is franciscofranco

franco? Uhm.. His kernels are near everywhere :P I doubt he wants to speak with acer dev like any other xda user..

Guest Lens_flare

little news: Now we have open-source libril which at last acer-compatible. I compiled it from codeaurora source. Bad news that it didn't solved data connection hung.. so 2 things remained in doubt: framework telephony and kernel telephony. Could somebody investigate kernel part? It's the last hope as framework would be even harder to investigate.

Guest liquid metal newbie

I think that adb is not working properly on beta1

When I run command "adb devices"

I don't see my device But after running the same command for 4 to 5 times

I finally see my device.

But whenever I try to install apps it says protocol failed or sometimes doesn't do anything