[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest jeddy1

Just so you know some apps are not included in gapps I.e maps and youtube.you must install them from Play store.but probably you have small partition size

Guest varsaljr

Oh for God's sake do you even know what OpenMax is? It's not a codec, it's not related to the camera and it will not fix HQ video decoding. It's like a sugar high 6 year old wrote it. Chances of getting what you're asking for are slim but if you're not asking for the right thing...

And don't even get me started on grammar and spelling! This is supposed to be a official document not a transcript of a Facebook conversation. Petitions are serious business not something a 15 year old ESL student can half-ass together (no offense but you have no business writing one).

Do it for yourself so. rolleyes.gif

I'll delete it. Sorry for my ambition to help the developers. That information of codecs was read on another thread, here in Modaco, its not my fault. My only goal was to help the devs, but like I dont have that skil...

Cya Folks! wink.gif

Edited by varsaljr

Guest jeddy1

When come the newer update?

I'm so excited.

on 05-05-2013 ;)

dont ask for ETA´s

just follow the thread if u like :D

and when u see a new release(if there will be one ) download it :)

Guest Hirsch2k

Thank you tilal for this great rom! Never dreamed of using ICS on my Blade but works like a charm. Tilal, hope you will return soon, wish you all the best!

Guest ben016

on 05-05-2013 ;)

dont ask for ETA´s

just follow the thread if u like :D

and when u see a new release(if there will be one ) download it :)

This was a plain question and I'm sorry that I put it up.

I didn't want to appear pretentious. This wasn't my intention.

So then the estimated time of arrival arrives when comes expectedly.tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Guest targetbsp

As far as I'm aware (unless I've missed a page) no-one is working on this right now? So I wouldn't hold your breath! I'm sure it'll be picked up again in the future but I don't think there's an imminent updates due on it?

Guest sej7278

When come the newer update?

I'm so excited.

i've updated my build instructions to include the (almost) official CM9 now, so you can build your own.

Its easier than compiling ColdFusionX now, and it even builds the kernel automatically.

One more patch to get merged and we're official, getting OpenMAX support and fixing the camera are pretty big prerequisites though......

Guest Loren82

Do it for yourself so. rolleyes.gif

I'll delete it. Sorry for my ambition to help the developers. That information of codecs was read on another thread, here in Modaco, its not my fault. My only goal was to help the devs, but like I dont have that skil...

Cya Folks! wink.gif

Well done, I had a similar information, I think I've done enough to have no knowledge of this subject (I do not I have no idea). All I have read terms and OpenMAX but not what is, or because it works in ginger and not ICS (If Ginger is used in that of OpenMAX)

All we can do, wait for a CM9 of Tom Giordano.

Guest Nikola86BG

There have been words on this on previous pages. Tilal can't support the rom currently, we all (minus a few trolls) hope he will manage to sort his affairs soon. Sej has dropped the building in his absence, so asking for ETAs is pointless.

I have installed this rom yesterday. Most of the tame it has been on a charger, I have unplugged it today around half past 9 (GMT+1), and right now it's on 62% battery. Considering how I've used it, not too shabby, it seems similar to CM7, but I will have to use it more to give a final conclusion.

Haven't noticed anything wrong except the things already reported and/or stated on the page 1.

Works pretty fast, some things are a bit slower than on CM7, some are even faster.

Using Reloaded ICS, Apex Launcher installed to /system and all the battery saving options set as mentioned on the previous pages (useless sounds off, wifi turns off on standby when not plugged in).

Guest SCiZORED

Hi there.

I have a ZTE Blade and I've been trying for the last couple of days to install CM9 in it. The thing is, even after following the tutorials mentioned and doing everything correctly, the ROM installs fine, I apply the A2SD patch through recovery and then, it gets stuck at the CM9 boot screen.

And this happens with all the CM9 ROMs I've been trying to install.

I currently have CM 7.0.1 in it, and a rom backup of it (system, data, everything backed up).

Any clues or help, please?

Guest SCiZORED

7.0.1 is ancient. Might even be gen 1? Have you actually converted to gen 2 in the past yet?

Yes I think it is gen 2, but any way of knowing that for sure?

EDIT: Installed Ask mr Pigfish and yes, it's gen 2.

Edited by SCiZORED

Guest Nikola86BG

Hi there.

I have a ZTE Blade and I've been trying for the last couple of days to install CM9 in it. The thing is, even after following the tutorials mentioned and doing everything correctly, the ROM installs fine, I apply the A2SD patch through recovery and then, it gets stuck at the CM9 boot screen.

And this happens with all the CM9 ROMs I've been trying to install.

I currently have CM 7.0.1 in it, and a rom backup of it (system, data, everything backed up).

Any clues or help, please?

If you can't make A2SD to work, why do you bother? Just slap on link2sd.

Guest vNa5h

Because link2sd is awful?

Link2sd is wonderful

Tell me one reason why it its not so

The only thing it can't do is move the app private data

Which slows down the phone anyway

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Guest 陰莖:)

Link2sd is wonderful

Tell me one reason why it its not so

The only thing it can't do is move the app private data

Which slows down the phone anyway

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Link2sd is a piece of scrap, totally useless. But if not capable to install a2sd may be better than nothing.

Here is some guidance; http://android.modaco.com/topic/352660-how-to-a2sd-for-coldfusion-ics/ smile.gif

Guest Xanderwufu

There have been words on this on previous pages. Tilal can't support the rom currently, we all (minus a few trolls) hope he will manage to sort his affairs soon. Sej has dropped the building in his absence, so asking for ETAs is pointless.

I have installed this rom yesterday. Most of the tame it has been on a charger, I have unplugged it today around half past 9 (GMT+1), and right now it's on 62% battery. Considering how I've used it, not too shabby, it seems similar to CM7, but I will have to use it more to give a final conclusion.

Haven't noticed anything wrong except the things already reported and/or stated on the page 1.

Works pretty fast, some things are a bit slower than on CM7, some are even faster.

Using Reloaded ICS, Apex Launcher installed to /system and all the battery saving options set as mentioned on the previous pages (useless sounds off, wifi turns off on standby when not plugged in).

How did you manage to copy the Apex Launcher APK file into /system, I'm using both Astro and ES file explorer to copy it, but it fails to copy the APK everytime

Guest targetbsp

You'll need to get your file manager to gain root access. I don't think Astro can even do that? I think ES can but I'm not sure how as I use Root Explorer.