[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest targetbsp

All the stuff you listed as having deleted comes out of system, not data. To get more data space you need to remove user apps, tpt for bigger data partition or move apps to the sd card.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest pendribe

All the stuff you listed as having deleted comes out of system, not data. To get more data space you need to remove user apps, tpt for bigger data partition or move apps to the sd card.

Oh! So where does user apps are installed by default?

Guest targetbsp

User apps are anything you have downloaded from the market and are stored in the data partition. system apps are anything that came with the rom.

Guest pmmct

I noticed some posts above that a user is running this ROM on a ZTE Racer...? Am I right?

May I tell a college of mine it is "ok" to flash this on his Racer, or will he be in for a trip of pain? lol

Thanks in advance guys!

Guest gunapriyan

Dear Friend,

Can you tell which CPU Governor is suitable for our Blade and especially for my problem?

Regards,

Guna

Edited by gunapriyan

Guest targetbsp

I noticed some posts above that a user is running this ROM on a ZTE Racer...? Am I right?

May I tell a college of mine it is "ok" to flash this on his Racer, or will he be in for a trip of pain? lol

I highly doubt it! If you're going off the phone list on the left then it's more likely that their user profile is outdated.

Guest pmmct

I highly doubt it! If you're going off the phone list on the left then it's more likely that their user profile is outdated.

Exactly... please notice the post before yours! ;)

Crap... but it would be just awesome if it would work!... eheh

Guest jeddy1

Did you look at the updater script? The SRS Patch I used (from the original thread at xda) does not delete anything, it just copies the new files. There is another version out named 'SRS_Patch_ICS_Blade.zip', that actually does delete DSPManager.apk (which might be enough). Still, it is better to delete the two libraries manually.

And it works in CFX, it just is a bit difficult to find. The SRS Panel will only show up in the menu when you start playing a track.

The SRS_Patch_ICS_Blade.zip i meant also ..

Well i flashed it and didnt saw if the two libraries are deleted but its working fine for me

Guest pendribe

User apps are anything you have downloaded from the market and are stored in the data partition. system apps are anything that came with the rom.

Exact path/or folder?

And what about gapps ? They are user apps or not?

Edited by pendribe

Guest Markiv

Dear Friend,

Can you tell which CPU Governor is suitable for our Blade and especially for my problem?

Regards,

Guna

You wouldn't require any separate app. In this ROM the CPU Governor is inbuilt in the settings->Performance->(Warning Message->OK)->Processor.

By default, Minimum is set to 245 Hz and Maximum is set to 604Hz. My GOVERNOR is set to INTERACTIVE.

Just Google about the need for Minimum,Maximum & Governors and you might learn more than what I could type here... :)

Guest Jitesh12345

Finally I think, TPT will not work for my Dell xcd35. "No worries.." ;)

Now I want to free up My Internal storage. Right now, It looks like:

Total=162 MB

Apps=83.10MB

Available=54.02

Although I've deleted lot of system stuff like CMWallpapers(5mb), Gallery,Livewallpapers....etc

But Available space is still 54.02 MB(remain same even after deleting sys data) ! So guys tell me what really I've to del off to increase available space bar?

The Easiest thing for Changing Partition is to use " TPT Helper" ( search Play Store ) i use it every time .. just download it and press create your own tpt and then enter your values then press start tpt .. the phone will reboot showing " Update from T-flash somthing.. it will show error at 99% .. but dont get scared.. it wont affect anything.. ur partition size will change perfectly.. btw i m using dell xcd 35 ( gen 2 ) , Hope it helps

Guest epyloxias

Too much spamming for nothing...

I 'm watching closely the forum for the last couple of weeks and I see some of you asking for a solution (TPT, AS2D etc.).

It isn't bad, on the contrary we MUST help each other and I believe it should be done with pm's.

We managed to do 300 pages and got ourselves confused even more. Please, we MUST keep this thread as simple as we can.

And an advice : if you want to do something beyond of your capabilities, do your homework first. Search the forum as we all did once upon a time.

Thank you for your concern.

Guest targetbsp

PM's aren't a good way to do anything on a forum. It's bad enough people asking how to do a tpt every day when the information is likely there if they read the response to the person who asked the day before. If it's done via PM there'll be nothing on the forum for those that do read the info available to them so no-one will know.

A better solution would be a foolproof guide to the process like we had in the early days of how to root and flash a rom.

One problem though is that CM9 is still considered an early work in progress for advanced users so there's an argument for if you don't have a clue how big your system partition is then you should perhaps take some time to learn a few things before flashing such a cutting edge rom.

A friend who I only see every few months has a Blade and visited my house 2 days ago. When he lived local I used to update his phone for him and he saw CM9 on mine and wanted it but I suggested just updating to the latest CM7 as I don't believe CM9 is quite all there for those who aren't really into their roms. And it's not that he isn't technically competent - he's a professional computer programmer.

It's just you have to be prepared to put the time into reading and understanding what you're doing and follow all the updates if you're going to play around with stuff this new. If you go into this thinking you can ask someone how to do it, put it on and forget about it then you're doing it wrong IMO. Because you're just going to have to ask again the next day how to handle the new criticial bug fix and what to do about the fact that the rom is now 10mb bigger than yesterday.

Once this is feature complete and the final size has more or less stabilised then I'm sure there will be a decent guide and probably even pre-made tpt's including the rom like other roms. Like I said above, I'm all for someone writing a detailed guide for those that do want to learn. But for those that just want it in the easiest possible way, I don't think now is the time to be putting it on.

Guest Voxran

Hello,

I have to travel a lot this summer, and i'd like to use my phone like a computer to transfert files from a camera to my SD card or a USB key with an OTG cable for example. Or, use a keyboard with this cable to write articles for my Blade.

But this ROM does not seems to accept the host usb... Would it be possible to do something for this to work ?

Thanks a lot for this ROM, ! :)

[sorry if I make mistakes, i'm french..]

Guest jeddy1

Tilal do you provide the next version?

sry for my bad english, i use translate :)

I would suggest to anyone to 'Don't ask for ETA's ' .

Guest 陰莖:)

Tilal do you provide the next version?

sry for my bad english, i use translate :)

That's what also I wonder.

Guest jeddy1

That's what also I wonder.

sorry for telling u this but u are an idiot !

many guys in here already told u don't ask for ETA's but u still do it !

twice i ignored ur posts but not everyone can ignore them . U still dont understand!

Edited by jeddy1

Guest jeddy1

FOR badword SHAKE...WHAT PART OF DONT ASK FOR ETAS (ESTIMATED TIME of ARRIVAL) you DONT understand?

Hmmm probably he doesn't understand all of it :P

Guest Felsch

You wouldn't require any separate app. In this ROM the CPU Governor is inbuilt in the settings->Performance->(Warning Message->OK)->Processor.

By default, Minimum is set to 245 Hz and Maximum is set to 604Hz. My GOVERNOR is set to INTERACTIVE.

Just Google about the need for Minimum,Maximum & Governors and you might learn more than what I could type here... :)

you know... you do have now a phone which isn running very fast you know ^^. you should add a M for the Hz... sounds so much more reasonable :).

@gunapriyan

The rom runs stable on stock values, I for one do overclock it to min: 245MHz and max to 729MHz. Governor SmartassV2. However, even if this runs pretty well for me, there is no guarantee that these settings will run fine for you.

On rom sides, I do have quite some problems with some things, but I first have to figure it out with my logcat (and if it's specific to my crappy programming skills ^^)

So a question for you guys, how is the memory usage on the 15/05 release for you ?

Guest FrozenRealm

Quick question; is temple run in the market with this? They announced it was for Android 4.0 now, so just wondering if it is.

Guest stanvladut

Quick question; is temple run in the market with this? They announced it was for Android 4.0 now, so just wondering if it is.

Nope.Temple run runs only on armv7 cpu! Blade has armv6. Whatever, there's a port of this game for our cpu's .Just google it!

Guest FrozenRealm

Nope.Temple run runs only on armv7 cpu! Blade has armv6. Whatever, there's a port of this game for our cpu's .Just google it!

Damn ok, and they're not good haha. They always give random deaths :(

Is this ROM faster than CM7?

Edited by FrozenRealm