[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest squee666

@targetbsp what cpu settings are you using and governers, im using smartassv2 any you recommend.

also how come theres only 2 i/o schedulers any chance of sio.

im hoping it will increase overall performance on your rom build which is a general improvement.

Edited by squee666

Guest asm19

@targetbsp what cpu settings are you using and governers, im using smartassv2 any you recommend.

im hoping it will increase overall performance on your rom build which is a general improvement.

In my opinion the smartassv2 is very aggressive for the equipment/battery, I recommend ondemand. Use with 245mhz minimum and 691/710mhz maximum.

Guest thanos3xd

I istall this rom a week before and i think i love it!! But i have an only question..We can increase 3D performance by instaling new adreno libs 200??

Guest vNa5h

Can somebody upload the stripped latin IME with EN only

btw does just deleting the lang raw-xx folders in the apk res folder do the job or do we need to edit some xml

Guest Cyclothunder

exactly!!

I wonder if its rom related :(

Do you use any alternative?

I think this rom has problems with upnp. I've tried many apps for upnp browsing and all of them complains about wifi, (no wifi found) when i have my home wifi connected.

can someone help on this?

Guest targetbsp

I istall this rom a week before and i think i love it!! But i have an only question..We can increase 3D performance by instaling new adreno libs 200??

There are no newer drivers. What people keep linking here is from a confusion over at XDA where someone got excited over a driver he found that we've all had since April.

In my opinion the smartassv2 is very aggressive for the equipment/battery, I recommend ondemand. Use with 245mhz minimum and 691/710mhz maximum.

I prefer smartassv2. I have at least one app that is FAR more responsive with it than OnDemand. And my battery life is fine using it.

What's the difference?

Just smoother?

Can I install this just wipping cache?

It's compiled using flags that allow the compiler to optimize the code more. Not sure what effect it has in reality. I do now have it installed but haven;t had chance to play with it.

It's the standard CM9 kernel. Presumably TomG's so it'll have whatever features his kernel has. I'm afraid I'm not yet at the stage where I know about modifying that stuff. I'm mostly limited to adding patches from gerrit and compiling it.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest shmizan

targetbsp: not all of the new optimization tweaks have been merged. some even need further working. I don't imagine your builds will produce noticeable improvement until everything is solved and merged. a few more days away maybe?

Guest targetbsp

targetbsp: not all of the new optimization tweaks have been merged. some even need further working. I don't imagine your builds will produce noticeable improvement until everything is solved and merged. a few more days away maybe?

I didn't use the merged ones. I sat and pulled in all the WiP stuff. Took flipping ages. :D And my next repo sync will undo it all lol. :(

Three of the patches used have been updated with comments but none of them have had any new patchsets uploaded yet so whilst it may indeed need further work I guess it is still currently as up to date as possible.

In any case, as Shmizan says, this will all get merged eventually and be standard. This is just a sneak preview!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Nahov

So a little test about yesterdays rom by targetbsp:

it is really fast. The difference between this and the last cfx is in loading times. For example gallery loads up nearly immediately! Google+ loads up so much faster, Instagram is blazing fast. And so on. Syntetic benchmarks do not gave me much better scores, but in real world usage it is ways faster!

Edited by Nahov

Guest targetbsp

Yeah all I had time to do was run Antutu and it seemed the same so glad real world use sees a difference. I was wondering if maybe I'd done something wrong but I couldn't see how. I'd remembered to update my compiling and everything. :D

Guest targetbsp

I'd remembered to update my compiling and everything. :D

Damnit!! Saying I did that, I just ran gcc -v and it still says 4.6.3. I followed a guide and watched it install 4.7 successfully and everything! I hate Linux so much.

So yeah, there's room for even more improvement lol.

Guest Nahov

Damnit!! Saying I did that, I just ran gcc -v and it still says 4.6.3. I followed a guide and watched it install 4.7 successfully and everything! I hate Linux so much.

So yeah, there's room for even more improvement lol.

Cool! Will you have time for that today? Cant wait, because there is so many room for development on Blade! Look what it become from the beginning of Android 2.1! Really impressing!

Guest targetbsp

Depends on whether I can figure out why it isn't already using it because it is definitely installed and google is letting me down so far.

[edit]

For any other Linux noobs like me, see the section 'switching compilers' towards the bottom of here: http://charette.no-i...1-12-24_GCCv47/ :)

[edit 2]

Don't hold your breath, I've given up!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Nahov

Depends on whether I can figure out why it isn't already using it because it is definitely installed and google is letting me down so far.

[edit 2]

Don't hold your breath, I've given up!

Nooo, please dont give it up! :unsure: :(

Guest targetbsp

I'm not sure how much better gcc 4.7 is than 4.6 but I'd imagine most of any boost we're going to get is already in there from the compiler flags. But I'll go seek help in the compiling cm9 thread as to why I can't make 4.7 work.

Guest KonstaT

I didn't use the merged ones. I sat and pulled in all the WiP stuff. Took flipping ages. :D And my next repo sync will undo it all lol. :(

Three of the patches used have been updated with comments but none of them have had any new patchsets uploaded yet so whilst it may indeed need further work I guess it is still currently as up to date as possible.

In any case, as Shmizan says, this will all get merged eventually and be standard. This is just a sneak preview!

The point of those patches is that you can use a newer toolchain to compile. In this case you'd need linaro 4.7.1 toolchain and use it (or 'export TARGET_TOOLS_PREFIX=path/to/your/arm-eabi-linaro-4.7-2012.05/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-' before you compile).

This is all still very much work in progress and even cyanogen hasn't got it to compile yet.

Sorry for your hard work but with the regular Android toolchain (gcc 4.4) these patches are pretty much worth nothing. But like said, placebo effect is always nice too. ;)