[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Nikola86BG

I just bought a Galaxy Nexus. I was thinking about xperia s too, but after that move of qualcomm i dont want to get in the same situation again. So im goin on with my GN

How many OMAP 2 processors found their place in Android phones? None. So, TI didn't have to make this choice. Afaik Samsung Intercept and similar devices, with the Samsung Arm v6 processors don't fare any better. You only noticed this because qcom is the only serious manufacturer when it comes to these old processors. Sadly, the best manufacturer when it comes to the support is Apple. WP7 phones won't update to WP8, Nexus One never got the official ICS build, the fact that qcom decided to even make drivers for MSM7227 is a big thing in my book.

Guest rabaip

How many OMAP 2 processors found their place in Android phones? None. So, TI didn't have to make this choice. Afaik Samsung Intercept and similar devices, with the Samsung Arm v6 processors don't fare any better. You only noticed this because qcom is the only serious manufacturer when it comes to these old processors. Sadly, the best manufacturer when it comes to the support is Apple. WP7 phones won't update to WP8, Nexus One never got the official ICS build, the fact that qcom decided to even make drivers for MSM7227 is a big thing in my book.

They didnt make any ics driver for msm7227. They made drivers for the Adreno 200 gpu which is mostly in snapdragons.

Edited by rabaip

Guest JMS74

But it's not what it could do...

I still have hope that someone will manage a way to make openMax work on 4.0

Maybe some hibrid ROM between 2.3 and 4.0 where everything is 4.0 except playing videos and what needs openMax.

Flash had the same problem.... and now it works.

Yeah in the long run I think that also may happen. I think someone will convert some libraries so that they can use the old drivers. But that may not be possible. I don't know because I'm not inside this situation..

I still have some hope

Guest Nikola86BG

They didnt make any ics driver for msm7227. They made drivers for the Adreno 200 gpu which is mostly in snapdragons.

Lapsus manus, you're right. But still, they first made it for the Arm v7 platform, and then Arm v6. They didn't exactly have to...

Besides, what do you miss because there is no OpenMax support? I miss HQ YouTube videos, it would be nice if the barcode scanner was faster (still, it works), I personally don't need panorama (and it wasn't present in GB so you don't exactly lose it, but don't get it), it works pretty good as it is. PVSTAR+ allows you to play videos in LQ exclusively, and not to have click it every time you play (I will have to test this more though, found it last night and only played music - no guarantees yet).

Maybe someone will manage to reverse engineer it, but it is pretty darn good as is.

Guest herpez

Foursquare keeps crash every time I open it. I reinstalled first time opens but couldn't check in. Then keep crashing.

Is there any fix or something to make it work?

Thanks

Working here.

Not a rom problem.

Check for something which can make conflit

Guest Hayden3430

Can someone clear this for me...

I used 'gen 1 to gen 2 tpt' and currently have a 140mb partition. For upgrading my partition do i have to convert back to gen 1... or can i upgrade without doing that and use a 'gen 1 to gen 2 tpt' from this link? http://amphoras.co.uk/index.php/downloads/blade-tpts

No you don't have to go back gen 1. i also got a little confused when i first looked at this but no if you gen2 you can use this and you'll be fine.

Guest Fatty Eglon

Business is business. Intel and Nvidia (Tegra) have done and will do exactly the same with old hardware. Makes no sense to support old hardware just because we want it. Business is business and only money matters.

Guest Hayden3430

Business is business. Intel and Nvidia (Tegra) have done and will do exactly the same with old hardware. Makes no sense to support old hardware just because we want it. Business is business and only money matters.

Very true, its there way of making us upgrade and in turn spend more money.

Guest Trixalos

Working here.

Not a rom problem.

Check for something which can make conflit

now it doesn't get list with nearby places althought it shows where I am. Also Friends list don't show. I Killed every app working but nothing.

Guest Hayden3430

we don't care about panorama. We want to see our blade playing hq videos and record something.

Record Something - Video recording is already fixed. also that app doesn't even work.

Guest herpez

now it doesn't get list with nearby places althought it shows where I am. Also Friends list don't show. I Killed every app working but nothing.

Hi sorry but i cant really help.

Is the app on sd or internal memory?

Guest stanvladut

Record Something - Video recording is already fixed. also that app doesn't even work.

I know. I mean i like to see my blade recording at 20 fps like gingerbread...

Guest ufizo

Sometimes I don't get notifications for new text messages in the status bar, I only notice them unread when I open the messaging app.

Anyone else?

(Its not the launcher, I've noticed this with both nova and trebuchet)

Guest asm19

Sometimes I don't get notifications for new text messages in the status bar, I only notice them unread when I open the messaging app.

Anyone else?

(Its not the launcher, I've noticed this with both nova and trebuchet)

Common problem in all cm's.

Guest rabaip

Might be a stupid question but is it possible to switch just the statusbar app to tablet mode? Primarily, to have soft buttons ON the statusbar like on tablets?