[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest matcho13579

When I am playing station in Tunein it starts to play, but then it's FCing, so i think streaming media doesn't work.

or just TuneIn is not compatible with ICS, maybe that's the reason

Guest lurker81

or just TuneIn is not compatible with ICS, maybe that's the reason

I don't think so. Too many apps are "incompatible" (root explorer, opera, dolphin browser, etc.). I also use tunein :P

Guest nero1996

What about its color depth? Is it as horrible as the other ICS/CM9 ROMs for the Blade, or is it better, like the older ROMs?

BTW awesome work, being smoother than Gingerbread fascinates me.

Edited by nero1996

Guest solidslash

What about its color depth? Is it as horrible as the other ICS/CM9 ROMs for the Blade, or is it better, like the older ROMs?

BTW awesome work, being smoother than Gingerbread fascinates me.

Gradients are not so smooth :( You can easily see the "steps".

So I guess this is how the overall UI animation smoothness is achieved, oh well.

Edited by solidslash

-v10 TPT ;-) <--- not sure :-D

/dev 210 MB

/mnt/asec 210 MB

/mnt/obb 210 MB

/system 210 MB

/data 203 MB

/cache 37 MB

determined by Terminat Emulator (df)

I can see the Market, but it opens ...loading...shows VERY SHORTLY the start page and exit without any popup :S

Edited by h4ck3d

Guest Davidoff59

With 210mb partition.

voice search not working. market would not work for me with full gapps, just constantly loading. Launcher force closing every single time so could not do anything except adjust settings. Stock browser worked once, showed search results, force closed and then would no longer work.

Looking good though so well done getting it this far.Phone reception looks better, full bars as opposed to 2 bars now on old rom, but not sure if Google just used a different algorithm or if it is actually improved.

Has anyone tested GPS with google maps yet? No feedback anywhere on this.

Edited by Davidoff59

Guest the Mitu

Hmm... everyone writes that the ROM is awesome... Am I the only one, who just can't use it? It keeps freezing, then rebooting about 1min after turning on the phone no matter wnat I do... I've also been unable to set up my google account - feeze during typing tue username.

I've tried wiping and reinstalling a few times, but I couldn't get it to work at all... anyone else experiences it?

Guest leetron1

Hmm... everyone writes that the ROM is awesome... Am I the only one, who just can't use it? It keeps freezing, then rebooting about 1min after turning on the phone no matter wnat I do... I've also been unable to set up my google account - feeze during typing tue username.

I've tried wiping and reinstalling a few times, but I couldn't get it to work at all... anyone else experiences it?

Me too...seems very much a work in progress..lots not working for me but it is much smoother than previous attempts at ICS..big thanks to OP though...

Back to OC feb19 CM7 a la sej..

Guest Chocolate Columbo

Mine never freezes there. I pick English-UK, move on, untick the location options, skip the Google sign-in (as I wouldn't want it installing all of the previously installed apps), and get into the ROM fine. The Blade-ICS progress is really good with this ROM.

I get the point though. It's frustrating hearing everyone saying how great it is when you crash into walls over and over again (-Like me and Market on a 220mb system partition). What's great is the progress. They are right in saying this is not for daily use and is for advanced users

Now to put it back to SS4b and restore everything before tomorrow for work. :)

Edited by Chocolate Columbo

But I already have gen2.

Is it still safe to just extract this to root/image/ and fastboot?

You can install the stock by the same method, you place the folder image in root of the SDcard.

Power off, wait a few seconds, then power on with menu & vol+ held.

Edited by asm19

Guest Carlcass

You can install the stock by the same method, you place the folder image in root of the SDcard.

Power off, wait a few seconds, then power on with menu & vol+ held.

Are you saying I have to go back to stock first?

edit: nevermind

Edited by Carlcass

Guest ElrOnDPT

I TPTed to 220MB partition and the rom now boots :)

How to get it working:

-To "fix" the drawer, you need to press menu on the home screen, go to settings, launcher options, drawer, uncheck the first option( load with apps or something) and uncheck the "show page indicator"(i have mine in portuguese, so don't remember the names of the options for sure).

That will make the drawer work.

Problems:

- I had a reboot after receiving a call,

- choosing a wallpaper doesn't display the imagen when trying to crop ( sometimes)

- Market force closes on open (after being able to sign in to my google account)

- random reboots ( i've done the fix for 2 processes and the activities..)

Pros:

- quite fast

- browser works

- wifi works

- SMS and account sync work

- widgets work

- calls work( altough I had a reboot when I terminated the only call I received..)

Will risk using the phone tomorrow with this rom...while we wait for next release.

Keep up the good work....things are looking good:

Imho, next priorities:

- get market to work

- stability on the launcher (perhaps bundle a different launcher by default?)

- overal stability

Huge props to you tilal :)

Guest Amelo007

Am I the only only one who has the problem with the phone app? 70% of the times i press the dialer from the desktop it restarts. But when it boots up again I don't have to press the pin code. Anyway, tpt'd the blade, got 220 mb system, market still doesn't work. Switched out trebuchet for nova launcher. And browser doesn't work..

Guest Carlcass

Am I the only only one who has the problem with the phone app? 70% of the times i press the dialer from the desktop it restarts. But when it boots up again I don't have to press the pin code. Anyway, tpt'd the blade, got 220 mb system, market still doesn't work. Switched out trebuchet for nova launcher. And browser doesn't work..

It seems to be super inconsistent with different phones. I'm having pretty much the same experience as you have, although when it's working it's good.

I TPTed to 220MB partition and the rom now boots :)

How to get it working:

-To "fix" the drawer, you need to press menu on the home screen, go to settings, launcher options, drawer, uncheck the first option( load with apps or something) and uncheck the "show page indicator"(i have mine in portuguese, so don't remember the names of the options for sure).

That will make the drawer work.

Problems:

- I had a reboot after receiving a call,

- choosing a wallpaper doesn't display the imagen when trying to crop ( sometimes)

- Market force closes on open (after being able to sign in to my google account)

- random reboots ( i've done the fix for 2 processes and the activities..)

Pros:

- quite fast

- browser works

- wifi works

- SMS and account sync work

- widgets work

- calls work( altough I had a reboot when I terminated the only call I received..)

Will risk using the phone tomorrow with this rom...while we wait for next release.

Keep up the good work....things are looking good:

Imho, next priorities:

- get market to work

- stability on the launcher (perhaps bundle a different launcher by default?)

- overal stability

Huge props to you tilal :)

First big THANKS to ElrOnDPT very helpful advice.......but another question..before I change to this ROM I made backup to my SD-card of all my applications using Titanum Backup PRO...but now I can not get in touch of my SD card to get access to my backup..I also try to download the Titanum again from Android Market, but it gives message that I already have it on my Blade.

So how to solve this?

Also Im missing the Icon which is in the form of a File and click on it shows what I have on my SD card..

THANKS IN ADVANCE...