[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Red Beaver

What do I need to do to install the latest release? Ive got the release from 30/3 atm. Maybe something to add to the first post.

Guest Felsch

So, in the attachment the antutu score I gotten with the latest version of the rom, I have not much of clue if it's good or bad :).

Anyways, in regards of the latest rom, me likes. It feels faster the the last one, that camera preview broke doesn't bother me much. Didn't have to wipe everything. it simply works. Also succesfully oc'd to 710 mhz :). Games I don't play on the blade, so that would be a no-go xD (maybe I'm gonna try out one of them snes emulators).

But, so far, so good. Also, I like how the stock browser now seems faster than earlier. makes it more useful. (still need to check with 3g, as I am at home on the wifi ^^)

post-931950-0-07626700-1333888155_thumb.

Guest Armadillo1

Just done the update and it does seem rather fast so props for that Tilal :)

Do I need to do the gapps update? My homescreen looks identical to the old one, as I didn't wipe, so I can't see why I should bother with the gapps? Is it more a case of 'if some apps don't work, then do the update'?

Guest Fred Perry

Rom is working very well since yesterday.

Instagram is working now.

Can't seem to find any other bugs or issues, other than the already listed.

Guest nfs1mw

This app has both wifi and bluetooth tethering function

http://adf.ly/7CCVU

Yeah, i know that app (wireless tether for root users). It didn't work .

But im unaware of the google project which they removed bletooth tether support long ago i guess. I downloaded the previous version from market.

Actually, i think the "Wireless tether" app works for Bluetooth only when there is no native PAN profile in the rom. I used the same app working successfully for zte stock froyo rom which doesn't have the BT PAN profile.

Then came the Gingerbread CM7 rom which has native PAN enabled in rom. So no need of that app in CM7. But even if i install the app and start tethering in CM7 the Rom PAN profile is utilized instead of PAN from "wireless tether app". So, maybe if there is PAN profile in rom, this app ignores itself.

And in ColdfusionX the rom has PAN but i think it is buggy or something else. It wont connect. And i installed the "wireless tether " app also, but like i said it seems to ignore itself thinking that rom has PAN.

Correct me if im wrong.

And in TomG's recent CM9 build (alpha7), there is an option BT TETHERING in settings and it works.

Edited by nfs1mw

Guest ..Abel..

Great rom really fast!! Everything is almost perfect! And when I tried camera for the first time I had preview which kept flickering and then after some time it didn't not come when I used camera! Strange!

Guest joaolage

What do I need to do to install the latest release? Ive got the release from 30/3 atm. Maybe something to add to the first post.

I've the same question. Did I need to do the same steps in the first post or I can simply flash the update?

Thanks and keep the awesome dev tilal6991.

Guest vNa5h

Thanks! I just wouldn't have blamed you for being sceptical about how managing a shopping centre could make a good game. I was when I tried it. But its somehow really addictive. And I'm not a blind fan of all their games. Sure, the ones I like, I REALLY like. But there's four of their games I find quite dull and I expected this to be another one but somehow it doesn't.

yeah mega mall is my favourite kairosoft game

1. mall

2. dungeon village

3. game dev

these are the three games i tried in order of my liking

can you recmommend other kairosoft games which are worth trying

how is

the race and the baseball ones...:P dont rememeber their exact names

Guest sierra2000

Try to change seciurity settings in router, or the encryption?

I wiped everything, reinstalled only the rom (without gapps) and turning on wifi still takes ages... Logcat is full of errors, but the only thing I know is that it is present only in this rom and it's not related to my wifi network or router, because turning wifi on itself is making the errors.

What could I try to solve the problem? :(

(Logcat again)

Try to change seciurity settings in router, or the encryption?

Thank you for your suggestion, but errors like "Failed to reload STA firmware java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error communicating to native daemon" or "Failed to retrieve HW addr for wlan0 (No such device)" or "Supplicant not running, cannot connect" don't sound like if they were related to my wifi network, but rather it seems - to me at least - more like something in the OS. And one more proof of this is that making the device forget all of the network connections and then turning wifi on reproduces the same errors...

Guest vasiloy

Thanks! I just wouldn't have blamed you for being sceptical about how managing a shopping centre could make a good game. I was when I tried it. But its somehow really addictive. And I'm not a blind fan of all their games. Sure, the ones I like, I REALLY like. But there's four of their games I find quite dull and I expected this to be another one but somehow it doesn't.

First of all thanks for recommending the game, really enjoy it. I play a lot of game types, don't really have a fav. one.

I have been playing for like an hour and no problems yet except that it's becoming quite addictive.lol. Will see how it's going from this point forward but tbh by the way the game runs I am not expecting to encounter any issues.

Guest targetbsp

First of all thanks for recommending the game, really enjoy it. I play a lot of game types, don't really have a fav. one.

I have been playing for like an hour and no problems yet except that it's becoming quite addictive.lol. Will see how it's going from this point forward but tbh by the way the game runs I am not expecting to encounter any issues.

Once you're done, have look at a process list and see if it's had to shut things down. I had about 20 processes running before the game and only 10 after as it had to close various things. I use this app for the purpose: http://www.appbrain....iak.taskmanager

Mostly because it uses a much smaller font than every other app so you can see more processes without scrolling. :D

If it turns out OK for you then I guess I must have a problem with some background app or setting. Most likely setting as a side effect of the issue is that my background apps are getting killed and so the problem one would likely end up terminated at some point!

I don't think it's just me because someone had a similar issue earlier in this thread with a none game. But it's interesting if it's not everyone!

yeah mega mall is my favourite kairosoft game

1. mall

2. dungeon village

3. game dev

these are the three games i tried in order of my liking

can you recmommend other kairosoft games which are worth trying

how is

the race and the baseball ones...:P dont rememeber their exact names

I think Epic Astro Story is better than Dungeon Village. It's quite similar but you have more control over the fight sections. Actually choosing your team and formations and stuff

The racing one Grand Prix Story is IMO their best game by a long way. I don't think they have a baseball game but they do have a football one called Pocket League Story. I like it but there's not all that much to actually do beyond buying and selling players. It's quite exciting when your team is building up a play on goal though!

I posted a lot of game recommendations in this post:

and newer games in various posts after that one in that same thread.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest vasiloy

Once you're done, have look at a process list and see if it's had to shut things down. I had about 20 processes running before the game and only 10 after as it had to close various things. I use this app for the purpose: http://www.appbrain....iak.taskmanager

I had 3 closed processes. Will continue to monitor the number of closed process with the app that u mentioned and see what I get.

Guest sierra2000

in my blade wifi run' with no problem. how big is your system partition may be here is the problem somethings go wrong thru instalation? try tpt stok v10 from wbaw and see if that help you(sry for my english)

I wiped everything, reinstalled only the rom (without gapps) and turning on wifi still takes ages... Logcat is full of errors, but the only thing I know is that it is present only in this rom and it's not related to my wifi network or router, because turning wifi on itself is making the errors.

What could I try to solve the problem? :(

(Logcat again)

Guest Pelemanne

So, in the attachment the antutu score I gotten with the latest version of the rom, I have not much of clue if it's good or bad :).

Anyways, in regards of the latest rom, me likes. It feels faster the the last one, that camera preview broke doesn't bother me much. Didn't have to wipe everything. it simply works. Also succesfully oc'd to 710 mhz :). Games I don't play on the blade, so that would be a no-go xD (maybe I'm gonna try out one of them snes emulators).

But, so far, so good. Also, I like how the stock browser now seems faster than earlier. makes it more useful. (still need to check with 3g, as I am at home on the wifi ^^)

Somehow my results for graphics are relatively poor.

2d = 93

3d = 391

regardless I'll suppose that my configuration for graphics should be (quite) correct.

Force GPU rendering on

Surface dithering off

16bit transparency on

I've the 20120407 ROM installed, which should include the latest drivers. mad.gif

Edited by Pelemanne

in my blade wifi run' with no problem. how big is your system partition may be here is the problem somethings go wrong thru instalation? try tpt stok v10 from wbaw and see if that help you(sry for my english)

I'm using custom TPT (Amphoras' TPT Helper from market), 200MB system, 38MB cache, there shouldn't be any problem, but I don't have any more ideas, will try wbaw's tpt.

Guest tilal6991

Last update won't work. It gets stuck at slash screen with red light

Seems to work fine for everyone else. How big is your system partition.

Guest astrabob

when i use any file manager i can see all my folders inside the sdcard ....but when i connect my phone in my pc i cant see all the folders that they are in sdcard (like '''downloads''...photo folder...etc...etc...)

this happenning since i flash this rom.

(the folders are not hidden)

anyone having this problem???? or know how to fix it??? sad.gif