[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest kingpair

It's really frustrating when someone just makes a comment like "battery life really really bad" without saying what battery stats say or what their usage has been or whether this was on standby or during usage.

He might be referring to the wifi sleep issue. The cm7 kangs using the latest kernel have it too.

Guest eucurto

It's really frustrating when someone just makes a comment like "battery life really really bad" without saying what battery stats say or what their usage has been or whether this was on standby or during usage.

don't need to justify tilal, reasonable people know what to filter.

Edited by eucurto

Guest emc02

excuuuuse me. i lost 10% in 20 min on standy after charging. set cpu min max: 122, 710.

did you really charge to 100%?! Blade shows 100% when its only 90% loaded and then it goes back to 90% very quick! You should turn off wifi, data and 3G and then charge the battery about 3 to 4 hours, disconnect the charger and try again!

Guest targetbsp

He might be referring to the wifi sleep issue. The cm7 kangs using the latest kernel have it too.

That's fixed in the CM7 test rom so TomG has the solution somewhere! :)

Guest kingpair

did you really charge to 100%?! Blade shows 100% when its only 90% loaded and then it goes back to 90% very quick! You should turn off wifi, data and 3G and then charge the battery about 3 to 4 hours, disconnect the charger and try again!

Charging it excessively will reduce the life span of the battery. Charge it till your led flashes green and then disconnect. Overcharging and full discharges are both bad ideas.

Guest Simono

@up that's the problem

You charge to short. Charge min 30 minutes after green led flash and then disconnect from charger. This is not only Blade problem.

Edited by Simono

Guest targetbsp

Charging it excessively will reduce the life span of the battery. Charge it till your led flashes green and then disconnect. Overcharging and full discharges are both bad ideas.

That's not exactly true. Because the consequence of overcharging a Li-ion battery are disastrous - you can't overcharge one. There's not harm in leaving it plugged in.

And in my experience, what emc02 is kinda correct. Android seems to report 100% too early. if you take it out after hitting 100% it will drop to 90% very fast. If left in there overnight it takes much longer to hit 90%. I mostly charge as needed but any comparative battery testing between roms (and I seem to do lot! I have one planned for today and tomorrow), I carry out after an overnight charge for consistency.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest kingpair

That's not exactly true. Because the consequence of overcharging a Li-ion battery are disastrous - you can't overcharge one. There's not harm in leaving it plugged in.

And in my experience, what emc02 is kinda correct. Android seems to report 100% too early. if you take it out after hitting 100% it will drop to 90% very fast. If left in there overnight it takes much longer to hit 90%.

Sorry to be getting off topic. Android phones have a fail safe built in that prevents batteries from being fully charged. That's why when you turn the phone off and charge you'll find the battery charging for an extra 10 to 15 mins. Manufacturers prevent us from completely charging out batteries because overcharging carries a risk of explosion ( however miniscule) and reduces life span. Small incremental charges are preferred over full charge - discharge - charge cycles for lipo batteries. That 90 to 100 percent thing I have noticed too, but I don't think it's a glitch, it's there as a protective measure.

Guest MinGxD

Has anyone has the issue of invisible mails in Gmail app ?

When you open a mail, you can see its content normally but as soon as you scroll, the contents goes blank and thus can't read anything.

My workaround is using the browser to go to gmail but this is quite annoying as the Gmail app is very well thought.

Guest tilal6991

When you open a mail, you can see its content normally but as soon as you scroll, the contents goes blank and thus can't read anything.

My workaround is using the browser to go to gmail but this is quite annoying as the Gmail app is very well thought.

Apparantly updating the app manually from the market should solve this.

Guest forbidden8

Seems very stable to me.Battery life is like CM7, fast and smooth, only issue (not so big) for now is wifi.Disconnects when he want.But... again very good job tilal.Thank you.

Guest Proove

Apparantly updating the app manually from the market should solve this.

I've made update in Google Play and still mails are sometimes invisible

Edited by Proove

Guest emc02

had this issue with K9-mail after enabling "force 2D acceleration", try to disable that!

Guest arpit22x

Tilal, facing one more problem...

May be it's phone.apk goes too slow, when some call arrives, only number appears on the screen instead of contact info (name details etc) instantly ... ............ It takes too long for details to appear on call screen.

Guest glenns

I had this , goto manage apps, gmail app and clear the cache, worked for me anyway.

edit.. to be exact the message content would appear but disappear as soon as i started to scroll, but like i say , clearing the cache sorted it.

Edited by glenns

Guest zppinto

I've found a bug. I don't know if that happens to you too.

When i press the microphone icon on the upper right corner the application opens but it doesn't work. If i try to go to "settings" (on that menu) the app crash and backs to "home" :P

Guest MinGxD

Concerning Gmail issue :

My gmail app was already updated.

Clearing cache had no effect.

Force 2D hardware acceleration was already disabled.

Only rebooting managed to solve this problem, but I wonder for how long.

Guest jesuita

Before installing this rom i had a CM7 Kang working with a 1gb ext 3 partition.

Why doesnt it now recognizes my ext3 partition anymore?

Listing the partitions on terminal i cant see it..

What am i missing here? -.-'

Edited by jesuita

Guest Decadence1

Is there a possibility to add a setting within the ROM to disable LED notifications? Is there any app out there which can do this? I want to see if this is contributing to my blade's poor battery life.

Guest Bonell

tilal6991 .. dude!

Best Rom EVAR!

Thkx a lot!

Only two bugs on my blade are : laggy HQ youtube video, and no preview on camera/video recording... everything else is working better than ever.

Thankx again.