[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Hayden3430

And the battery is now dead. And it's refusing to charge or turn on.

Do u have a universal charger where you can place the battery in itself and charge it externally?

Guest tilal6991

Do u have a universal charger where you can place the battery in itself and charge it externally?

No I don't but I may consider investing in one now. The only thing is that from now on I can't get adb logcats.

Guest arpit22x

Charge battery externally.... very famous in north India, worth Rs 50/-

Guest Loren82

OMG, have tried to remove the hold volume - and connect via USB?. At least serve to see if your mobile is still alive

Edited by Loren82

Guest rferrett

Right need to sort out a BLade for a relative and it has been a fair old while since I have looked at one. Anyhoodle how do I check to see what size the system partition is in order to determine if I can install this ROM?

Guest tilal6991
Did you try charging your phone without being on? )Sorry if its a stupid question)

Tried

Try turning it on without the battery in and with it plug into the mains.

Tried. Doesn't work. Which is why I came to the conclusion that it must be the port.

Guest rferrett

Right worked it out. Phone is gen 3 with a 130mb system partition. How exactly do you repartition the system to the required size? Is there a TPT image that does it all and installed cold fusion?

Guest Hayden3430

Right need to sort out a BLade for a relative and it has been a fair old while since I have looked at one. Anyhoodle how do I check to see what size the system partition is in order to determine if I can install this ROM?

do u have terminal? if so type in ->

su

df -h

Remember that this rom is for advanced user only.

Edited by Hayden3430

Guest DMM88

Right worked it out. Phone is gen 3 with a 130mb system partition. How exactly do you repartition the system to the required size? Is there a TPT image that does it all and installed cold fusion?

No

Guest Nikola86BG

And 22/04?

22/04 isn't CFX, Sej compiled the latest (at least it was latest then) CM9. Also, he stated that it's just for developers, not for regular users, it has bugs and no support, so skip it. It wasn't intended for daily use.

Tried. Doesn't work. Which is why I came to the conclusion that it must be the port.

Have you tried a different cable? It can be only that. When it happened to me, it started working again for no reason, so you could also try to simply clean it.

Guest rferrett

do u have terminal? if so type in ->

su

df -h

Remember that this rom is for advanced user only.

Right so probably not the best to put on the phone for a relative then? I am ok with Android stuff been rooting phones and installing custom ROMs for ages, but it has been a while since I played with a Blade.

Guest targetbsp

Right so probably not the best to put on the phone for a relative then? I am ok with Android stuff been rooting phones and installing custom ROMs for ages, but it has been a while since I played with a Blade.

You wouldn't really want to be putting ICS on a Blade for a non techy user no. Stick to Gingerbread. :)

Guest Hayden3430

It depends how techy your relative is, i would stick to cm7 as its more stable and more user friendly, for the time being ;)

Guest rabaip

Might be a silly question but how can the rom make the phone unable to charge while off? Does the kernel have anything to do with that process? I'm just curious, I dont know much about this. It's very unfortunate that this happened so little before the new update. :(

Guest pikapika

hi,

i'm a bit confused, i carefully read last posts, but i wanted to be sure if the new rom (after the 15/04 and with the camera preview working) was released ?

thanks

Guest Hayden3430

hi,

i'm a bit confused, i carefully read last posts, but i wanted to be sure if the new rom (after the 15/04 and with the camera preview working) was released ?

thanks

No not yet, tilal is having a few problems with his blade. go and try burstlams new build in the meantime :)

Guest targetbsp

hi,

thanks

No it's not, and Tilal (the devs) phone is now broken which is what most of the last posts are about! Obviously it's difficult for him to make us and test a rom without a phone!