[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Red Beaver

Hey, is it just me or wont the phone charge sometimes? I also suspect that the phone stop charging when reaching 100% and then wont continue charging when the battery starts draining. Is this a known bug? Using the 15/4 release.

Guest mitchde

Yeah the new camera lib is causing battery drain

I dont have any battery drain with the new camera..so. I used it 5 hours and cant see any unnormal battery usage. I used camera many times and also let it in deep sleep the rest.

Also i checked with Better battery stats and cant finde any wakelok the other posted (some camera, some others)

I have GEN2(factory) Blade with 22.04 CFX ROM. Have you cleared the darvic cache after installing the .so and before using the camera? Perhaps that the problem? I did clear darvik cache.

Edited by mitchde

Guest eirlysbill1

@ Tilal,

How are you getting on with the charging issue? The reason I ask is because last night my blade quit charging, and I think its the female port on the phone, too. I looked in there with a strong magnifying glass and I could see that something was messed up in there. Like a very small piece of the connection point actually broke. The male end of the plug goes in but it rocks, like something is not allowing it to go in all the way. But, connecting it to a charger or a pc does nothing. I did try to shift/bend the broken bit with a sewing needle, but no joy.

It seems like a few people have been have charging issues lately, and I can't help but wonder if the ports were cheaply made. My phone was bought in the UK in Dec 2010, and I think the blade was only out a few months before that.

So, are we beginning to see the Achilles heel of Chinese made phones: USB ports that only last a year an half? Makes me wonder.

Ta, Bill

I dont have any battery drain with the new camera..so. I used it 5 hours and cant see any unnormal battery usage. I used camera many times and also let it in deep sleep the rest.

Also i checked with Better battery stats and cant finde any wakelok the other posted (some camera, some others)

I have GEN2(factory) Blade with 22.04 CFX ROM. Have you cleared the darvic cache after installing the .so and before using the camera? Perhaps that the problem? I did clear darvik cache.

Same here, with an originally gen1 blade, running the 15.04 CFX rom.

No drain at all since I flashed sej's zip and cleared dalvik cache.

Guest DMM88

Same here, with an originally gen1 blade, running the 15.04 CFX rom.

No drain at all since I flashed sej's zip and cleared dalvik cache.

I think drain only happens when camera doesnt work...

The ones who have 5MPX and installed the zip.

They need to revert to the old file like I did. Now mine doesnt drain.

Guest Nikola86BG

I do have drain with 3mpix camera, but I have also installed Camera ZOOM FX (because camera app somehow got broken) and Barcode Scanner (for test). Didn't have time to inspect if it was the updated zip or one of the apps (and won't have it any time today). Hope it doesn't happen again if I don't turn on any of these apps. Or that the new update will be ready before I even get to it :)

Guest mitchde

I think drain only happens when camera doesnt work... The ones who have 5MPX and installed the zip.

They need to revert to the old file like I did. Now mine doesnt drain.

I have 5Mpixel cam in GEN2 Blade - no drain camera+preview works.

Can it be that there are some little different camera chips (even same MPixel) build in the baldes which make diff in drain(some) or no drain(i).

Guest fox2000

Has anyone a clue on why I keep going on national data roaming (small 4KB, 5KB events each time) even though I have unticked the "national data roaming" switch in the options menu?

I am losing A LOT of money with this stupid bug... :angry:

This happens ONLY with CyanogenMod (both GB and ICS). When I was on other GB roms, roaming control worked just fine as expected. Does anyone know why?

Guest i am not a hacker

I am getting serious battery drain without the camera preview fix. When the phone is on standby,i lose 1 percent every 6 hours ish, but when iam using it i lose 35% an hour minimum.

Also how do i update when the next version comes out? Just flash the rom? Or backup, flash rom, restore?

Help please. Will be grateful.

Thanks for the work so far :)

Guest i am not a hacker

I am getting serious battery drain without the camera preview fix. When the phone is on standby,i lose 1 percent every 6 hours ish, but when iam using it i lose 35% an hour minimum.

Also how do i update when the next version comes out? Just flash the rom? Or backup, flash rom, restore?

Help please. Will be grateful.

Thanks for the work so far :)

Guest jeti93

http://www.gsmarena....s-news-4172.php

Sony is going to release a Arm6 phone with ICS.

Would it be possible to borrow the openmax libs from that phone and use it on the Zte Blade?

This phone will most probably have Arm v7 Snapdragon, which is absolutely not like the one in the X8, but more like Xperia X10

Probably no update for today, but I think that something really great is bound to happen with the ROM

(like official CM9 or hw video)

Guest rabaip

This phone will most probably have Arm v7 Snapdragon, which is absolutely not like the one in the X8, but more like Xperia X10

Probably no update for today, but I think that something really great is bound to happen with the ROM

(like official CM9 or hw video)

I thought snapdragons were clocked at 1ghz, but there they say it's 800mhz. They underclock it?

Edited by rabaip

Guest tilal6991

When the phone is sleeping and you receive a call, the phone stopped switching on - it's a problem with new cm9 builds - I managed to fix it.

Guest jpdoliveira

When the phone is sleeping and you receive a call, the phone stopped switching on - it's a problem with new cm9 builds - I managed to fix it.

never noticed xD

Guest k.d.11

Why was it happening anyways?I read somewhere about the phone not reading default proximity values on boot and stuff but im not sure i get what was up..mind telling us how you fixed it and why it was happening?Thanks!

Guest heroutm

Someone fix YouTube and then fix the radio. :D I hope someone will get these things to work as soon as possible.

Anyway, all this is a big progress forward. Thumbs up!!! :blush:

It will be the best ROM for ZTE Blade ever made. Just a little bit more work.

I hope I won't stuck with my CM7 - Android 2.3.7 forever. I would like to use CM9 - Android 4.0.4 instead of 2.3.7.

Guest sej7278

ooh how did you do that? was i proximity or something stupid like a missing wakelock?

btw, what are the coldfusionx repo's now - have you got rid of the common one, and left ICSFusionX/android_device_zte_blade, tilal6991/proprietary_vendor_zte and tilal6991/kernel_zte_blade ?

Edited by sej7278