[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest aliaird

Having some trouble with this ROM - It freezes on the boot animation, I think when I tried to install the softkeys patch (I love softkeys!). Now even when I try to restore a Nandroid backup it freezes during boot animation.

Anyway, happy doing a complete rebuild, and have a question...I have a 185mb partition, and would like to change that to 210mb to use the full gapps package. What's the easiest way to do that? Most of the TPT stuff implies I need to be Gen1 then I can convert to Gen2 210mb. Is that correct? Or can I just run that Zip Hezzz was talking about earlier?

Thanks

Guest epyloxias

Already installed and tested new version. Smoother than before, too bad the "2G Network" option isn't stored due reboot....

But I know isn't Tilal's fault.

Hope to be fixed someday.

By the way, Tilal nice work dude. Keep up the efforts!!!

Guest tdroza

I noticed that this version seemed to be a bit bigger than previous versions so I deleted quite a few files before flashing. Here's what I think it's safe to delete change (highly recommend taking a Clockwork backup before doing this):

- Replace /system/media/bootanimation.zip with stock ICS version (3.9MB vs 1.8MB)

- Remove /system/media/video (10.5MB)

- Remove all files >20KB in /system/media/audio/notifications/ (0.75MB)

- Remove /system/media/audio/ringtones/* (6MB) - I use an MP3 for ringtone anyway

- Remove /system/app/LatinIME.apk (12.4MB). NB: This is the default keyboard, I use Swype so don't need it.

- Remove /system/app/LiveWallpapers.apk, MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk, VisualizationWallpapers.apk and HoloSpiralWallpaper.apk (2MB) - I don't use Live Wallpapers

- Remove /system/app/Trebuchet.apl (Trebuchet.apk) NB: Only remove this if you have another launcher already installed!! - I use Nova

I have a 188MB system partition, and with these files removed (but with a custom GApps instaleld and a couple of additions like CM9 music player), Titanium is reporting that I have 43MB free

Hope that's useful to at least a few.

Guest tdroza

- Remove /system/app/LatinIME.apk (12.4MB). NB: This is the default keyboard, I use Swype so don't need it.

Forgot to mention - if you don't want to completely remove the stock keyboard, you should be able to open up the apk and delete all the languages that you don't need from the "res" folder and still save ~10MB.

Guest ufizo

Banding is fixed. Also USB tether is fixed.

USB tether doesn't work in one go.

On selecting the checkbox for USB tether, it gets de-selected on its own, and on the second attempt it starts working.

Edited by ufizo

Guest ufizo

Hi,

i noticed that i today's build when i selected "use only 2G network" after reboot, phone uses 3G and i need to select this option again.

sorry for bad english ;)

That is a problem in CM upstream.

Guest targetbsp

I noticed that this version seemed to be a bit bigger than previous versions so I deleted quite a few files before flashing. Here's what I think it's safe to delete change (highly recommend taking a Clockwork backup before doing this):

- Replace /system/media/bootanimation.zip with stock ICS version (3.9MB vs 1.8MB)

- Remove /system/media/video (10.5MB)

- Remove all files >20KB in /system/media/audio/notifications/ (0.75MB)

- Remove /system/media/audio/ringtones/* (6MB) - I use an MP3 for ringtone anyway

- Remove /system/app/LiveWallpapers.apk, MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk, VisualizationWallpapers.apk and HoloSpiralWallpaper.apk (2MB) - I don't use Live Wallpapers

- Remove /system/app/Trebuchet.apl (Trebuchet.apk) NB: Only remove this if you have another launcher already installed!! - I use Nova

I have a 188MB system partition, and with these files removed (but with a custom GApps instaleld and a couple of additions like CM9 music player), Titanium is reporting that I have 43MB free

Hope that's useful to at least a few.

The problem with removing the stock launcher and keyboard is you're screwed if you wipe data. I learned that the hard way! Was unable to type in my password to connect to google to download a keyboard because I didn't have a keyboard to type the password in with. :D

Guest HeZZZZ

Thank you guys it works now very nice..

For the ones that have the same trouble

I downgraded to gen1 with the rom from modaco.. and then, ugraded to gen2 with tpt v10 (Partitions: 37.5mb cache, 215mb system, 203.5mb data.)

Guest pmmct

tilal6991, are you considering making an all-in-one TPT thingy for CFX?

You are doing a great job with this rom, and I thank you very much, mate!

Just got back to CM7.2, because I need to TPT to get room for gapps and, I still miss some things (i.e. Camera Preview, FM radio, Youtube videos... you know, those pesky little things... eheheh).

Keep up the good work, you and your fellow devs who have been helping you out! :D

Guest MacFathers

I'm trying to install viber and whatsapp and play store keeps saying its not compatible. Anyone with this problem?