[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Please anyone?

Just follow the flash order again (and don't forget anything!), then you should get a booting Android. You haven't done anything what you couldn't undo.

And for other questions, if you've took a backup, it appears to the "Backup and Restore" menu, hit restore and select the right backup. You should as always make a nandroid backup!

AFAIK it is not needed for every rom to format system. But for this, it is.

Guest kindaundisputed

Thanks for the reply. SInce then, i've just tried doing like everything but how do i format again? i have tried doing the thing again but i just can't get past the android logo screen

Guest Hayden3430

Also, what does the system partitioning thing mean and how do i do it?

Seems like your having a few problems, its sound to me like your still on a GEN1 file system setup, you should flash a gen1 to gen2 with a least 180mb system tft on your phone and then try the installation process, TFT (system partitions thing) is an image that changes how the memory is setup, ics + gapps requires more memory in the system compared to gb so you need to change it so that everything is installed properly.

Please don't feel that you were being ignored by other user for help its just they have all heard it a hundred times and the project does clearly state out on the first page that this is for Advanced user only. :)

Guest kindaundisputed

Sorry, thanks but in all honesty i don't really know what to do. The phone just doesn't go past the android logo. I have tried reinstalling the ROM and everything but if i remember correctly, it is a gen 1 phone so what needs to be done now? Thanks and apologies

Guest blackbart

if you can get into recovery then try to restore ur nandroid backup, failing that maybe u could try to flash moldovan MHMP as it will work on a gen1 phone and let u get it working again.

You can format system in Clockworkmod under mounts and storage. Also, stable Cyanogenmods are easy to install and I would recommend cm 7.2.0 stable. ColdFusionX wasn't that hard to install, but you should maybe try some other rom first.

Guest Hayden3430

Sorry, thanks but in all honesty i don't really know what to do. The phone just doesn't go past the android logo. I have tried reinstalling the ROM and everything but if i remember correctly, it is a gen 1 phone so what needs to be done now? Thanks and apologies

Right you need to:

1. Download this file: http://bit.ly/zdQ7gZ

2. Place the file on sdcard and extract you will get an image file

3. Take the battery out of your phone and replace

4. Power on phone whilst holding Menu + Vol up, you should get a green screen

5. You should then go though to Clockwork recovery where you can install CFX + Gapps

If you have any problems, let me know.

Edited by Hayden3430

Guest kindaundisputed

THank you, i will try this now and then report back. thanks again

EDIT: sorry, what do i do after placing the file on to the SD card? How do i extract and then what do i do with that file?

Edited by kindaundisputed

Guest Hayden3430

THank you, i will try this now and then report back. thanks again

EDIT: sorry, what do i do after placing the file on to the SD card? How do i extract and then what do i do with that file?

You need to use a program like winrar on a computer and that will let you extract achieved file (.rar) and once extracted you will have a folder named 'image'. your phone then finds this file whilst you power on holding menu and vol up keys.

Edited by Hayden3430

Right you need to:

1. Download this file: http://bit.ly/zdQ7gZ

2. Place the file on sdcard and extract you will get an image file

3. Take the battery out of your phone and replace

4. Power on phone whilst holding Menu + Vol up, you should get a green screen

5. You should then go though to Clockwork recovery where you can install CFX + Gapps

If you have any problems, let me know.

When doing TPT-flashes, you should always check the md5sums also!

Guest Hayden3430

When doing TPT-flashes, you should always check the md5sums also!

Thanks but i am aware of this, the reason why i didn't mention this was because he can't access his phone so he can't verify them and i have never verified them on mine.

You could also verify them on your computer using some MD5 checker but i've never have to do it.

Guest kindaundisputed

The file has been extracted and i've tried what you said but i get a black screen with small green text at the top saying "Battery voltage is low!"

Guest Hayden3430

The file has been extracted and i've tried what you said but i get a black screen with small green text at the top saying "Battery voltage is low!"

I believe this just means that your battery is low and this is to warn you because you are ment to have a lot of battery so that the process isn't interrupted by the phone switching off and bricking. Just charge and retry.

Guest kindaundisputed

THANK YOU! Seriously, thanks greatly. i don't really know how to thank you more but the phone is now working with ICS goodness. Thanks again. You've been a great help and have tolerated with my noobishness also. Thanks.

Guest Hayden3430

THANK YOU! Seriously, thanks greatly. i don't really know how to thank you more but the phone is now working with ICS goodness. Thanks again. You've been a great help and have tolerated with my noobishness also. Thanks.

No problem man. We were all once noobs :)