[Dev/Experimental][ROM] Ideos X3 gingerbread rom runs on Pulse

Guest dr.flo

Guest desalesouche

in settings/wireless and networks/mobile networks/networks operators i add libril.so from cm7.2 ...so scan is able to scan and allow to choose manually....

the device is awaken when you touch jog ball....i tried kwerty.kl from cm7.2 but it is not working...

edit: i am talking about pulse-x3-20120304 rom.

Edited by desalesouche

Guest twrock

the kernel in cm72 does not support this, but you need its ramdisk for wifi to work. you could google for split_bootimg.pl, a perl script (will run in linux out of the box usually) that can split boot.img into these components.

Then take kernel from a boot.img where usb thethering works (e.g. um840) and ramdisk from cm72 bootimg.

then use mkbootimg to re-combine both

like outlined here in the section "Alternative method", but there the link to split_bootimg.pl is broken...

How about using dsixda rom kitchen to do that boot.img splitting and rebuilding? It is quite easy to use, even for the novice.

Guest skykilla

If to replace ramdisk, freez on

bootanimation

Greetings to all! An animation

problem in it a file

libhardware_legacy.so I have

made experiment have replaced

a folder lib cm7 u8230 on lib

from cm7 u8500 and speed of

animation up, but wi-

fi doesn't work, then I have

returned libhardware_legacy.so

from cm7

u8230 Back and jerks have

returned

Edited by skykilla

Guest dr.flo

Greetings to all! An animation

problem in it a file

libhardware_legacy.so ..

So you are saying that with libhardware_legacy.so from u8500-cm7 the animations are good and with libhardware_legacy.so from pulse-cm7 the animations are slow?

Guest desalesouche

Maybe this weekend I have a chance to try getting wifi on your rom, but I can't promise.

Regarding the original pulse-x3 rom: Has anyone every tried if using libril.so from cm72 helps with the phone call issue? Also in call settings there is an option "Proxymity sensor" enabled by default - I don't know if the pulse has such... it might help to disable that option and see if it makes any difference....

i add libril.so from cm7.2 ...so scan is able to scan and allow to choose manually in networks/mobile networks/networks operators

can't tell more about phone call issue.

the device is awaken when you touch jog ball....what was the solution please

edit: i am talking about pulse-x3-20120304 rom.

edit bis:hope you will have time to redo boot image for thx for that ...but if it is not this week-end never mind....you also have a life...:D

question 1:just for my own knowledge and interest; i would like to "play with that mui rom http://android.modaco.com/topic/352329-miui%EF%BC%88cm7%EF%BC%89-237-for-balde/ what would be the good boot image please?

question 2:can we do with update-cm-7.2-RC8-20120224-U8500 what we've done with CM7-Android 2.3.5(Port v.1.5)...?

:)

Guest skykilla

So you are saying that with libhardware_legacy.so from u8500-cm7 the animations are good and with libhardware_legacy.so from pulse-cm7 the animations are slow?

100% Business in this file libhardware_legacy.so

Guest dr.flo

100% Business in this file libhardware_legacy.so

Ok I will investigate this tonight. If it's true, it should be possible to patch u8500-lib to work with our wifi (in a similar fashion as it was possible for ideos x3 rom), so we could use that lib if it really gives better animations...

Guest desalesouche

Ok I will investigate this tonight. If it's true, it should be possible to patch u8500-lib to work with our wifi (in a similar fashion as it was possible for ideos x3 rom), so we could use that lib if it really gives better animations...

hi.what is the way to check the difference about animation after pasting u8500-lib?

thx

Guest skykilla

Too I have checked up CM7

2.3.5 u8500 after replacement

libhardware_legacy.so from

CM7 U8230 speed of animation

is slowed down

I will well wait! And still the

gallery very much brakes, after

an exit from gallery all system

brakes

Edited by skykilla

Guest desalesouche

Too I have checked up CM7

2.3.5 u8500 after replacement

libhardware_legacy.so from

CM7 U8230 speed of animation

is slowed down

I will well wait! And still the

gallery very much brakes, after

an exit from gallery all system

brakes

you might install quickpic.it is working better.

did you made the boot image as suggered by dr.flo?

http://android.modaco.com/topic/351723-devexperimentalrom-ideos-x3-gingerbread-rom-runs-on-pulse/page__view__findpost__p__1917439

Edited by desalesouche

Guest dr.flo

hi.what is the way to check the difference about animation after pasting u8500-lib?

thx

The u8500 cm7 rom has a lot of animations enabled by default, they appear "normally" fluent. Not lighting fast but it looks ok. I will check on this rom if I get slower animations when replacing the lib with our cm7 version of the lib. Of course this is a very subjective test. Another idea would be fps2d benchmark.

We will know more in a few minutes, I'm currently booting that u8500 rom again... it takes quite some time on first boot...

I cannot confirm libhardware_legacy.so being related to UI smoothness. The rom performs the same to me regardless of lib origin. This is true for both, perceived smoothness as well as Fps2d benchmark (29 fps on the u8500 cm7).

I did not look at wifi because the rom generally is very unstable on my phone. I cannot reboot it - it will always freeze. I need to do a factory reset every time I want to start the phone a second time.

Edited by dr.flo

Guest desalesouche

The u8500 cm7 rom has a lot of animations enabled by default, they appear "normally" fluent. Not lighting fast but it looks ok. I will check on this rom if I get slower animations when replacing the lib with our cm7 version of the lib. Of course this is a very subjective test. Another idea would be fps2d benchmark.

We will know more in a few minutes, I'm currently booting that u8500 rom again... it takes quite some time on first boot...

I cannot confirm libhardware_legacy.so being related to UI smoothness. The rom performs the same to me regardless of lib origin. This is true for both, perceived smoothness as well as Fps2d benchmark (29 fps on the u8500 cm7).

I did not look at wifi because the rom generally is very unstable on my phone. I cannot reboot it - it will always freeze. I need to do a factory reset every time I want to start the phone a second time.

hi.do you have an idea from where come that freeze issue? do you think it would be solved if the new boot image is done?

i am doing so much things that i don't have the force to try to do actually...:D

Guest skykilla

hi.do you have an idea from where come that freeze issue? do you think it would be solved if the new boot image is done?

i am doing so much things that i don't have the force to try to do actually...:D

Take CM7 u8230 and replace in

it a folder lib from cm7 u8500

• 2 weeks later...
Guest twrock

post-971900-0-22609700-1332689753_thumb. the ROM is good i n u8230 but arabi language need to fix

A working Arabic patch has been successfully added to this rom. The link below is for a complete rom with the patch installed. So be aware that if you install this patched rom, you will lose everything you had previously.

Download pulse-x3-deodex-arabic.zip (for U8220/U8230)

Edited by twrock

Guest twrock

twrock

thank u

pulse-x3-deodex-arabic

The same problem in arabic language

and does not have a cameraAnd slow

Does not recognize the cable when connected to computer

Thank you for your interest

I'm sorry about that. I don't know what to do.

Every problem the original rom had, this rom will have also. I can do nothing to fix those.

And also it looks like my attempt to add Arabic support created some new problems. I don't know why. I don't use this rom, so I am not very much help. Maybe other people can figure out what the problems are and share a fix for those.

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mrkeny9

Здравствуйте, мне очень понравилась данная прошивка, но а ней есть одна проблема, после окончания разговора, линия отсаётся в режиме ожидания, и разговор не прекращается, а я уже с собеседником не разговариваю. Возможно ли это исправить?

Hello, I really liked this flash, but rather it is a problem, after the call, the line of Oates in standby mode, and the conversation continues, and I do not talk with someone. Can I fix it?

Guest NeonOFFi

Здравствуйте, мне очень понравилась данная прошивка, но а ней есть одна проблема, после окончания разговора, линия отсаётся в режиме ожидания, и разговор не прекращается, а я уже с собеседником не разговариваю. Возможно ли это исправить?

Hello, I really likedthisflash,butratheritisaproblem,after the call, the line ofOatesin standby mode, and the conversationcontinues,andIdo not talkwith someone.Can Ifix it?

У меня тоже самое! Прошивка супер - но удалил ее из-за этой проблемы!

• 1 month later...
Guest EgyptoBoy

<p>Really good rom for me i have only one issue i can't use mass storage when i connect to pc i need fix for this ?????

Edited by EgyptoBoy