[DEPRECIATED] MIUIBlader for the ZTE Blade [DEPRECIATED]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Chocolate Columbo

This is my first touch of MIUI also, so take from it what you will...

My issues so far:

- It took time and a number of manual reboots to become stable. Considering it took 3-5 minutes to boot every single time in the early going, it's a lot of waiting.

- Market occasionally downloads incredibly slow (Like 1-8kbps) throughout the whole download, I can switch app, download at 80kb/s, but go back to Market it still downloads slow - but restarting the Market download can fix this.

- Market hanging on "Installing..." for over 5 minutes (Does not seem to happen after much usage and a few reboots)

- It only charges if I reboot with a charger plugged in.

- H/W Decoding is a bit slow. This is frustrating as S/W decoding on MX Video usually goes out of sync.

- Gallery displays no images and forces a reboot or force closes.

- You probably already know YouTube isn't very stable. It runs at 0.5fps with no sound for me.

On the plus side for me:

- The ROM became amazingly fluid and smooth going through the menus, launcher etc.

- All standard ROM features worked with no issues and became more stable over time.

- Most tested apps just worked and installed fine.

- Bluetooth worked OK.

- I like this bootscreen, to combat the rather petty criticism. I think it looks professional, neat and sexy.

- Majority of testing was with Nova Launcher, a far superior choice.

- Live wallpapers, music, browsing, - worked fine.

All in all, it took about an hour of messing with it, and a few reboots to get it really fluid... However; I'm in love with this ROM, and even with the issues I face, I don't want to put the phone down. :unsure:

I didn't test any a2sd solutions. As I said I'm new to MIUI and most of this, and already got this stable and apps on phone storage before looking this up and it seems that I'm to use/flash DT-A2SD right after the ROM itself. I'm not sure so left it for now.

Edited by Chocolate Columbo

Autorotation don't work correctly- First, rotate 180 without animation and twice it's correct rotate with animation.

I have problem with my google account in Android Market, I type my email and password, but password appear in

email field.

I have FC's with Gallery. ROM is ok, but not perfect. UI is amazing :) Thank you for your hard work, but i'm waiting for more stable version :)

Guest DarkChaosPaladin

At first i really like the rom (the whole UI).

The Rom still has a long way to go but it's amazing that now someone did it to port MIUI for an arm6 device. Big thanks tilal6991.

+

Nice UI

sometimes smooth menu sometimes a bit laggy

-

sometimes random reboots

if you want to install an apk from your backup e.g MiTalk it take about 10 minutes.

Autorotation do not work ( it rotates to much)

Guest saransh9

This is my first touch of MIUI also, so take from it what you will...

My issues so far:

- It took time and a number of manual reboots to become stable. Considering it took 3-5 minutes to boot every single time in the early going, it's a lot of waiting.

- Market occasionally downloads incredibly slow (Like 1-8kbps) throughout the whole download, I can switch app, download at 80kb/s, but go back to Market it still downloads slow - but restarting the Market download can fix this.

- Market hanging on "Installing..." for over 5 minutes (Does not seem to happen after much usage and a few reboots)

- It only charges if I reboot with a charger plugged in.

- H/W Decoding is a bit slow. This is frustrating as S/W decoding on MX Video usually goes out of sync.

- Gallery displays no images and forces a reboot or force closes.

I didn't test any a2sd solutions. As I said I'm new to MIUI and most of this, and already got this stable and apps on phone storage before looking this up and it seems that I'm to use/flash DT-A2SD right after the ROM itself. I'm not sure so left it for now.

if u read my tests gallery will work after taking few screenshots and i tested it on the miui launcher and the download speed was ok for me and even the calculator worked for me.....

and the screen shots are upside down and the rotation its problem with every ics built will be fixed over time.

Edited by saransh9

Guest Chocolate Columbo

if u read my tests gallery will work after taking few screenshots and i tested it on the miui launcher and the download speed was ok for me and even the calculator worked for me.....

and the screen shots are upside down and the rotation its problem with every ics built will be fixed over time.

After taking some shots then exiting camera, it locked up indefinitely (didn't reboot until I removed USB cable). Gallery still does not work. Something must have triggered for you.

I didn't say download speed was simply borked. I only have the issue with Market. I tried to give a more accurate description but probably failed. Market downloads are sometimes slow. This could be starting a download on low signal, moving to a better signal, it is not increasing correctly? I am not sure how it works, but I am not the only one with the Market download speed issue as seen in the ColdFusion thread.

Edited by Chocolate Columbo

Guest Miles Kjeller

Once again I have nandroid restored back to my iffy LewaROM install.

I shall test every release of this ROM though, I love the MIUI interface and it works beautifully on the Blade.

Keep up the fantastic work

(Final Reboot Count: 25)

Guest saransh9

After taking some shots then exiting camera, it locked up indefinitely (didn't reboot until I removed USB cable). Gallery still does not work. Something must have triggered for you.

I didn't say download speed was simply borked. I only have the issue with Market. I tried to give a more accurate description but probably failed. Market downloads are sometimes slow. This could be starting a download on low signal, moving to a better signal, it is not increasing correctly? I am not sure how it works, but I am not the only one with the Market download speed issue as seen in the ColdFusion thread.

oh u take me wrong i said screen shot press the menu and vol down together.

another bug or feature when pressed vol up and menu the brightness went full

Guest kamal_saran

Gonna try today then will post feedback....lastnight I flashed coldfusion beta 2...after installing. Mark. Fix it just doesn't. Download. Anything. From market...anyone help...but. it was very smooth :D

Guest ManMetDeHamer

i must say awesome work man! Been waiting for a true miui ROM for ages.. but for now im going back to swedish snow, becouse ics roms cant beat gingerbread in terms of stableness and speed just yet. :(

i must say awesome work man! Been waiting for a true miui ROM for ages.. but for now im going back to swedish snow, becouse ics roms cant beat gingerbread in terms of stableness and speed just yet.

Seconded. :)

I'm goin back to cm7 .

Guest Chocolate Columbo

oh u take me wrong i said screen shot press the menu and vol down together.

another bug or feature when pressed vol up and menu the brightness went full

I noticed this mentioned in the cm9 thread, however Screenshots still didn't fix it in my case. This doesn't bother me too much since I use QuickPic, but it is an issue I faced.

Brightness goes to full when I do that menu + vol up too.

Guest saransh9

I noticed this mentioned in the cm9 thread, however Screenshots still didn't fix it in my case. This doesn't bother me too much since I use QuickPic, but it is an issue I faced.

Brightness goes to full when I do that menu + vol up too.

i dont understand why different people are getting different results.....

may be because of different flash methods

today i flashed it back again wiping everything without gapps and gallery worked without a screenshot and that to better than before

Guest evilbrain

It seems this rom doesn't recognise my sd card, it displays there is no music in it, no pictures, only misc files, 6.4GB of them :D

Tried rebooting, should I try reflashing? Same happened on your ColdFusion

Does anyone have this problem?

Edited by evilbrain