debian on android

Guest kiran-reddy

Guest kiran-reddy

Hi, everyone , here i need one more help guys..

plz. Acctually i searchd net for inf. i got that we can create our own debian img by following few commands.. i tried but no success.. yet. as my pc has a vry slow net.. i couldn't downloaded files to create.

:(

it will b helpful if any1 can upload a debian.img for racer , size not exceeding 300MB

as i hv 512MB of sdcard. :) plz.

thanks in Advance..

Guest equiliym

you cant really install much on 300mb size.. i have my ubuntu on 2gb image because 2gb is quite enough to install all needed programs and to have free space for other things you might install later :s

Guest kiran-reddy

ok.. now i managed to hv my friend's 4GB Sdcard.. i copied ubuntu.img (2GB) to

/sdcard/ubuntu , after i executed su and runned sh ubuntu.sh on terminal via adb shell..

after that when i tried running bootubuntu it gives me following error --

# bootubuntu

bootubuntu

net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1

Setting /etc/resolv.conf to Google Open DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Setting localhost on /etc/hosts

READY TO ROCK AND ROLL BABY!

Brought to you by NexusOneHacks.net and the open source community!

[1] Segmentation fault chroot ${mnt} /b...

Shutting down Ubuntu

losetup: /dev/loop1: No such device or address

@equikiym .. can u plzz help me in this. any1 .. :(

Edited by kiran-reddy

Guest equiliym

tbh i have no idea how to cross compile for arm, never tried that just read tutorials and wiki pages.. ill check my script and post it in a few, ill edit this post so check later

edit: ok here are my scripts for ubuntu.img ..ubuntu.sh copy needed files to /system/bin so that you can run it.. i run it via adb shell so just place proper files in /sdcard/ubuntu and run sh ubuntu.sh to install scripts

it should delete the ones you have installed and install these, after that just bootubuntu to run it

ubuntu.sh

unionfs

mountonly

fsrw

bootubuntu

Edited by equiliym

Guest equiliym

Bro.. I was also using those scripts .. they didn't worked .. may I know on. what rom u were used Ubuntu chrooted.. I m using ur current rom.

i used on ligux since it fast at performance without problems :o i also used it on my sense rom since i tweaked that rom to run fast too and had no problems.. the only problem that happened to me was that ubuntu version is not supported i think so i had to add manually old repos so i could download vnc server D: not a hard thing if you use it via adb tho :P

Guest kiran-reddy

:( no luck with me.. bro. it still gives me "segmaentation fault chroot" i install'd the whole rom again bt no luck.. i tried on few more roms like my default Zte Racer's 2.1 update1 , racerboy's lewa rom and also Cm7.0 .. but it didn't worked.. :( any help ..

Guest equiliym

:s i really dont know about that, sorry.. never had that happened so i dont have experiance with that error :( try checkin up on xda, someone might have had that

Guest kiran-reddy

ya i chkd few forums & sites.. so many peoples hv'ng the same problem.. "segmentation fault error" .. but no one yet solv'd this issue.. hoping to be soved soon.. :( thank u for instant reply.. :)