[ROM] Early Days Test CM9 Build

Guest Fuzzra

First things first:

This is almost entirely the work of tilal6991. My contributions are mainly using search/replace, doing a lot of searching, and electricity to feed my computer while it compiles.

Known problems:

Camera doesn't work

Calculator doesn't work

WiFi can be glitchy if allowed to sleep. If you don't set it to allow sleep (settings, wifi, menu - advanced,) you had better get in the habit of switching it off by hand or leaving your phone plugged in at night.

When using international roaming you should always stand within a circle of salt to protect against accidentally summoned demons.

Exciting new horrors to be discovered!

Notes and warnings:

This ROM is big. If you've used a TPT to shrink partitions you're going to have a bad time. Best reset your layout to stock before you try this.

You needn't use a separate gapps zip. Goo Manager can be used once you're up and running.

As it stands the main zip is set up for the SFII. This is because it's what I have, so yah boo sucks to you. :P

If you want to play on a Vivacity you should download the kernel zip below and install it immediately after the ROM. Since I don't have a Vivacity I'm unable to check the touchscreen configuration, but this gives you a *chance* at it being right which has got to be better than last time. ;)

The links:

Rapidshare

update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-blade2-KANG-signed.zip

CM9-kernel-vivacity.zip

Mediafire

update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-blade2-KANG-signed.zip

CM9-kernel-vivacity.zip

Edited by Fuzzra

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Well it's much smoother than the previous one I tried but I still can't get google apps to work properly, not even the most recent release, or the one labelled gapps 4.0.1.

This is where I admit to being a total git noob. Just getting an account set up now, and planning to learn how to do commit messages and the like. <.<

As for the kernel, I've been using Tom Giordano's, with a few files hauled into the ICS branch from last weeks zte blade source release to update the mxt224 driver and add in the driver (finally) for the ovm7690 front camera the SFII has.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

This is where I admit to being a total git noob. Just getting an account set up now, and planning to learn how to do commit messages and the like. <.<

As for the kernel, I've been using Tom Giordano's, with a few files hauled into the ICS branch from last weeks zte blade source release to update the mxt224 driver and add in the driver (finally) for the ovm7690 front camera the SFII has.

Fuzzra, could you redo the overclockable kernel to add the camera back in or is that not possible?

I've done one for the girlfriend, but the image from the front camera is flipped vertically at the moment. I'm sure that's fairly simple to fix, but it'll only be any good for gingerbread roms as it stands. I'll have a poke at it later on when my machine doesn't sound like a helicopter and provide most of the heating for the flat.

Guest jasonleeds

so ive been really interested in the cm9 development and having been running the other version for a few days,

This one seems to have fixed a few problems and also seems a lot more stable.

Heres a small list of what ive found.

Home button now working

touch screen tacking seems ok

calender now ok

Gallery now working

phone & messaging is all good

Wifi is fine

Overclocking seems to be working up to 1036mhz

testing 902mhz with smartassv2

@ 18:40 setting cpu to 1036mhz locks the phone almost instantly

Camera not working

calculator not working

Probably other things but only had a little while to play.

If anyone is having trouble with the Gapps I can upload the file ive been using as I havent had a problem as yet.

UPLOADED BELOW:

gapps-ics-4.0.1-small.zip

Edited by jasonleeds

Guest jasonleeds

The home button and about 10mm of the right hand screen don't work on my vivacity I assume you have a San Fran?

Bloody cool to have a play with though! Thanks.

Yea sorry forgot to mention ...I have a San Fran 2

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

If anyone is having trouble with the Gapps I can upload the file ive been using as I havent had a problem as yet.

UPLOADED BELOW:

gapps-ics-4.0.1-small.zip

I tried flashing that and still coudln't get signed in, nothing comes up in account for google and if I choose gmail from the apps list, it opens and closes instantly.

How did you flash yours?

I cleared all caches and formatted the system partition, then flashed the rom, rebooted, left the phone to sit for 5 minutes, used rom manager to fix all permissions, rebooted, flashed the gapps then rebooted. No joy :(

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest jasonleeds

I flashed mine all in one go.

Wiped old rom, data etc.

flashed new one,

Installed Gapps

Wiped data/cache

Then Rebooted.

Same process ive used for this and the previous CM9 rom, had no problems.

Hope this works dude

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

K, thx, I'll give that a go.

EDIT: OK, I've got signed into google, gmail comes up but I don't have a market shortcut in my apps and no market widget, are you able to get your google apps installed? If so, how?

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest jasonleeds

I did have this once,..to be honest i cant remember what I did..

Was this a totally clean install? did you use the step by step thing when you first boot or did you skip it and do it later?

Ive been using this initial step by step and its worked ok...got no mobile data at the mo and it does ask for wifi info to get started...I know some old roms wouldnt allow you to do this until your properly into android.

glad this kindda helped.

On another point:

Been using this for a few hours now and using 902mhz + savagedzen seems quite stable and fast. also turned off surface dithering.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

I did the install as you suggested, when I first booted I didn't see the google setup wizard, I had to add my account details under the account section of settings.

Just tried doing the same procedure with the latest gapps build, I didn't even get google listed in the accounts section.

Something tells me we're not going to get any joy until summertime. :(

Guest Simon O

I did the install as you suggested, when I first booted I didn't see the google setup wizard, I had to add my account details under the account section of settings.

Just tried doing the same procedure with the latest gapps build, I didn't even get google listed in the accounts section.

Something tells me we're not going to get any joy until summertime. :(

How big is your system partition? Seems like your device doesn't have enough room for both CM9 and the gapps.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

IIIII...have no idea :)

How do I change the sizes? Do I use clockwork?

I did use the TPTs posted on this forum, I don't see one which has that size of system partition.

Just noticed TPT Helper lets you make your own TPT, I presume that's how you did it? (Although it doesn't seem to work)

...I'll stop talking to myself then and wait.... :)

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

The home button and about 10mm of the right hand screen don't work on my vivacity I assume you have a San Fran?

Bloody cool to have a play with though! Thanks.

Look forward to testing these builds if that gets sorted :)

P.S Tune in tomorrow to find out what happens next in "PsYcHoKiLLa gapps diaries" ;P

Edited by MCZQ

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

:(

No one will tell me how to get the bigger TPT , I have lots of spam e-mails telling me how to get another bigger partition but that doesn't help.

Waaaaahhh!!

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Yeah I tried choosing "Create Your Own TPT" in Amphoras's TPT Helper, it doesn't do anything...at all.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest Fuzzra

I had to redo mine so it would fit too. Using the handset update tool to revert it to stock resets the partition layout. Run that through, once it's up and running use fastboot to sling cwm recovery back over, and away you go.