What Touchscreen firmware do you have and do you have touchscreen issuses?

Guest richardmlea

Guest kougei

No luck. Tried alternating Moddedstock versions in between running the calibration POV stock rom, and flashing VegaCream Beta2 but touchscreen still completely unresponsive.

Still seems too much of a coincidence given there is a mounting thread over at TabletRoms of people with the same issue after flashing VegaCream.

Hopefully some further news on the issue soon.

Guest Oldbarzo

Hi All

I am running VegaCream Beta2 on my

Vega with no problems. I have flashed nearly every Rom available for my tab with some issues but never screen failure like what is being mentioned

here and Tabletroms. I came to Beta 2 via ICS Beta, VegaCream alphas and then VegaCream tests 2 & 3 and at no time did I lose touchscreen, just some sensitivity issues which are now sorted.

Just posting this to let ppl know that this fault is not totally common.

Oldbarzo

(Stransky)

Guest kougei

To all, I have managed to recover my touchscreen, thanks to a poster on the TabletRoms forum.

It involves flashing the Viewsonic Viewpad P10 v 1.11 which seems to have an auto firmware upgrade process in the rom.

Go to the thread in that forum for the process, and hope it works out for others.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest reddragon105

I've got an Advent Vega with a completely unresponsive touchscreen. The firmware is 1.7.18 and the config version is 0.7.5.8 (not 1.7.5.8 as listed in the poll). I'm hopeful that it can be fixed as it's not reporting the 'broken' firmware version, but I've tried a lot of different things on it now and it still isn't working.

I've just tried the Viewsonic Viewpad P10 v1.11 ROM (P10_image_20110728_v1.10.10_VIE_ww_n3g_s.exe), as mentioned a few posts up. It didn't help - and it also doesn't seem to have updated the firmware, as it's still reporting the same version. I've also just tried Tegra Tab Update v1.10 (Tegra Tab Update_v1.10_pov.exe) which is great as it boots into host mode, but recalibrating with that hasn't helped either.

What should I do next? Are there any other ROMs/tools that could help?

Guest richardmlea

Looking at that fw and config versions it looks like the config file is incorrect. To rectify this you need to instal the shuttle test rom https://dl.dropbox.com/u/70550095/Vega%20roms/Stock%20roms/P10_image_20110411_v1.10.4_std_dev.exe and let it automatically calibrate the screen at first boot (press the back button when told, charger unplugged). This should correct the config file and the touchscreen should work. You now need to flash moddedstock and boot to recoverey to wipe data/boot/system/cache. now power off by holding the power button then do the back button thing and flash the viewsonic 1.11 Rom to update the firmware at first boot. You can now flash the final rom of your choosing. Hopefully you wont have any problems after this.

Good luck

Guest reddragon105

I did start with the test ROM, as I was following the thread here -

After letting it calibrate the screen on first boot by pressing the Back button, the touchscreen still doesn't work at all. I've just tried it again now and still nothing.

As I have no touchscreen support, my next step was to use VegaTools in Windows to install and reboot into Clockwork Recovery over USB, which enabled me to format data/boot/system/cache. I then reflashed the test ROM and calibrated again - still nothing. That was when I started looking for alternate ROMs and found the Viewsonic 1.11 ROM mentioned here. So at the moment I'm just going round in circles, formatting in recovery, then NVFlashing another ROM to test, and nothing has worked so far.

Guest richardmlea

I did start with the test ROM, as I was following the thread here -

http://android.modac...t-vega-p10-10s/

After letting it calibrate the screen on first boot by pressing the Back button, the touchscreen still doesn't work at all. I've just tried it again now and still nothing.

As I have no touchscreen support, my next step was to use VegaTools in Windows to install and reboot into Clockwork Recovery over USB, which enabled me to format data/boot/system/cache. I then reflashed the test ROM and calibrated again - still nothing. That was when I started looking for alternate ROMs and found the Viewsonic 1.11 ROM mentioned here. So at the moment I'm just going round in circles, formatting in recovery, then NVFlashing another ROM to test, and nothing has worked so far.

I will PM you some firmware and config files to try but these should only be used as a last ditch effort after trying everything else.

• 2 weeks later...