[Development][ROM] cm9

Guest pier11

Guest desalesouche

desalesouche,

Do i correctly understand you, that if take the following files and replace, video playback will restore?

Will it be smooth in both normal and HQ modes?

Or should we NOT use cm7.2 files at all as you said in your second post? I'm confused a bit.

cm7.2:

libaudio.so

libaudiopolicy.so

*Omxcore.so

*Omxh264.so

*Omxmpeg4dec.so

*Omxvidenc.so

*OmxWmvDec.so
cm9-20120303:
libstagefright.so

libstagefrighthw.so

with only libstagefright.so and libstagefrighthw.so from cm9-20120303 you can repair videoplayback..

but video is not smooth...

About changing the*Omx* and adding libaudio.so /libaudiopolicy.so i don't know what to say cos i have no proof if it is working or not..but i could watch youtube hq and normal

Guest pier11

About changing the*Omx* and adding libaudio.so /libaudiopolicy.so i don't know what to say cos i have no proof if it is working or not..but i could watch youtube hq and normal

but with addition of these files (*Omx* and libaudio.so /libaudiopolicy.so) is video playback becoming smooth?

Guest superdeman

well, i replaced this libs from cm9-20120303

libstagefright.so

libstagefrighthw.so

, but playback from youtube is very bad (normal quality).

// new youtube app is nice ^_^

Edited by superdeman

Guest desalesouche

well, i replaced this libs from cm9-20120303

, but playback from youtube is very bad (normal quality).

// new youtube app is nice ^_^

for me youtube in hq or not is not smooth....about watching mp4 video.player or quickpik can't play all of them.

Guest superdeman

This is due to the lack of the system resources, not the libraries, I guess.

Video "slows" if you understand me

Play audio online as fixed by these libraries rolleyes.gif

Edited by superdeman

Guest desalesouche

but with addition of these files (*Omx* and libaudio.so /libaudiopolicy.so) is video playback becoming smooth?

not really. you have an idea from where we can find libs to try to replace? Edited by desalesouche

Guest pier11

not really. you have an idea from where we can find libs to try to replace?

Zte Blade maybe?... Most active development, Arm v6 as us, but msm7227 is not like us...

Guest gold-concert

I tried other Luancher.

Apex Launcher showed the best results.

It works much faster and without brakes.

Just super.

Trebuchet should be changed.

Guest pier11

I tried other Luancher.

Apex Launcher showed the best results.

It works much faster and without brakes.

Just super.

Trebuchet should be changed.

Did you try Nova? How was that?

Guest didije

Hello. After a few days here are my comments and findings on our initial cm9 build.

Gapps are just killing our pulse. Several 'soft' reboots after complete phone freezes. Even with OC. Launcher gets withdrawn every time when returning to it from any app. There is no option to lock it in memory, so I'm guessing that is why it is killed so often. WiFi icon is not showing signal strenght properly in status bar. Sth greyish but not blue signal bars like it should be. Mobile network is dropping sometimes, but that is reduced by using only 2g even though there is no mobile data. It is pretty slow. Slower than a first build, the u8150 one. Even without gapps. Jogball select color is not blue and therefore not very good with some apps (when you move up, down, left or right white letters of selected file in file manager e.g. become black and non visible). There is no option for menu or trackball unlocking. LibGles from Stock froyo didn't help to speed up the UI (in my opinion). No video playback, that is resolved to a degree by replacing some libs from previous posts but that is not such a great solution.

All in all, not bad start at all :) I will wait for next release, and write again my findings. I wish you luck and hope you and others can someday give our device what it deserves. And that is ICS :)

Best regards

Guest pier11

Gapps are just killing our pulse. Several 'soft' reboots after complete phone freezes. Even with OC. Launcher gets withdrawn every time when returning to it from any app.

This is because Pulse has no RAM memory unfortunately to bear ICS. And I can do nothing about it.

It eats up all RAM (105 MB available) and all swap 64MB and freezes after that.

But your report is great, I liked it.

Guest didije

Maybe if we try minimalistic gapps (just market) we could free some RAM. I only use market anyways.. We are missing hardware acceleration.

But hey, we still have great cm7 rom! And dr. flo's x3. They're both very nice. Maybe gingerbread is our final-fully functional destination.

Guest twrock

There is no option to lock it in memory, so I'm guessing that is why it is killed so often.

Add this line to build.prop and see if it helps:

ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1

The biggest problem with that idea is that it will keep even more memory from being available for other apps to use. If RAM is already too limited, this might make matters worse.

Guest gold-concert
Did you try Nova? How was that?

Yes, I tried. He has a bit more room, but it's not as fast.

The best result is shown Apex Launcher.

Guest desalesouche

i can see in system/xbin that there is sqlite3 file in cm9 last update.but comparing that to other ics rom...i can see there is not drm_sqlite3_test file in system/bin....does this file would miss to cm9?

Guest desalesouche

comparing files from cm9-20120303 and cm9-20120309 i can see (huge) differences about size of some files...i could also notice that in system/xbin from cm9-20120309 got 24 files...system/xbin from cm9-20120309 has 56 files...and system/xbin from cm7.2 has 60 files...

so why cm9-20120309 has lost so many files?:huh: were these files unusefull?

i am wondering why some file in cm9-20120309 are sometimes bigger and sometimes more little than in cm9-20120303...it looks strange to me...thx

example:i can see in system/app:WAPPushManager=65ko in cm9-20120303 and same file only 7ko in cm9-20120309...isn't that weird?

:blink:

Edited by desalesouche

Guest pier11

what if i use more than 64 MB for swap?

will it be better?

you can't substitute RAM memory with flash card storage...

It will likely be a bit better, but slow. Because what system will do is try to free some RAM memory by offloading it to flash card. And then back.

It's the same as with PC. If you don't have enough RAM, you system will write do disk, to paging file on Windows. It will make slow system. I think one know the difference between 1GB memory and 4GB of RAM on modern PC...

But what I think If it would be possible to make hardware mod? RAM should be just a separate chip. So why not re-solder it with say 512 MB? In specialty/repairmen shop?...

Edited by pier11

Guest dr.flo

But what I think If it would be possible to make hardware mod? RAM should be just a separate chip. So why not re-solder it with say 512 MB? In specialty/repairmen shop?...

I found a picture of ascend pcb some time ago. Ours looks quite similar. After all, ascend is the cdma version of the u8230 which is quite the same as the pulse.

On this PCB I don't see any IC that can be resoldered easily as most of them are BGA type (ball grid, where the solder is under the IC) - re-soldering of these is very difficult.

It also might need a firmware mod to recognize and use additional ram.... this might reside in some factory part of the rom (bootloader / baseband / nvram ???) where we do not have access to.

The cost of doing this will be higher than getting a u8230 or even an ideos x3.... I recently bought the latter and will sell my pulses soon, as long as they still worth some money... btw. x3 gets around 60 fps in Fps2D - similiar score to what others have reported even for msm7200a devices - so something seems to be really broken with the pulse....

Guest pier11

...The cost of doing this will be higher than getting a u8230 or even an ideos x3.... I recently bought the latter and will sell my pulses soon, as long as they still worth some money... btw. x3 gets around 60 fps in Fps2D - similiar score to what others have reported even for msm7200a devices - so something seems to be really broken with the pulse....

how much/where X3 is now?

how much RAM does it have?

are they unlocked?

Edited by pier11

Guest dr.flo

how much/where X3 is now?

how much RAM does it have?

are they unlocked?

I payed EUR 69 (x 1.3something for US $) on ebay for a new device (official price ranges are 89-99 EUR, the latter unlocked)

It is said to have 256 mb ram - not too much but it runs its own stock rom absolutely fluent and is more than enough for me because I do not need to play games and such...

Battery lasts 2-3 days (2g data always on, but device in standby most of the time)

It should also be capable of running ICS ports, although none exist yet. But since it has msm7227 I believe sooner or later a port will exist with similar state of functionality as in zte blade. But I'm fine with gingerbread - after I hacked stock launcher to remove the ugly tiles behind application icons ;)

Guest pier11

I payed EUR 69 (x 1.3something for US $) on ebay for a new device (official price ranges are 89-99 EUR, the latter unlocked)

It is said to have 256 mb ram - not too much but it runs its own stock rom absolutely fluent and is more than enough for me because I do not need to play games and such...

Battery lasts 2-3 days (2g data always on, but device in standby most of the time)

It should also be capable of running ICS ports, although none exist yet. But since it has msm7227 I believe sooner or later a port will exist with similar state of functionality as in zte blade. But I'm fine with gingerbread - after I hacked stock launcher to remove the ugly tiles behind application icons ;)

I'm thinking Blade itself might be better, as it has 512 MB memory and higher density display 480*800

And development for it is astonishing vs. virtually non existent for X3 (there is place for it on modaco).

Guest desalesouche

i will soon buy huawei ascend d quad xl...i am waiting for it...:rolleyes: it will also have page in modaco i think...i am dreaming about it since the barcelona forum

Guest dr.flo

I'm thinking Blade itself might be better, as it has 512 MB memory and higher density display 480*800

And development for it is astonishing vs. virtually non existent for X3 (there is place for it on modaco).

Yes, I agree on that. Blade prices on ebay are 1.5-2 times higher. I simply decided that x3 is good enough for me. After all I had been more or less happy with the pulse which makes me a low end smartphone user... But I wanted to have a reliable, somewhat current android os without issues. And without too much work on my own. After all I payed for the phone - I should not need to put development effort into it to make it functional. The discussions regarding sound lost in calls on froyo shows that for the pulse at the moment no stable rom exists above eclair - sadly - after years of work started by TomG and even after newer work from your and my side - even after support from experimenters like desalesouche who is willing to try millions of combinations of audio libs.