[ROM][ZTE Skate][Blade Port] Swedish Snow RLS7 (13/Apr/2012)

Guest C3C0

Guest PejotA

Incridible ROM...Perfect...really perfect! Very clean, fast and running very well in my Skate!

Great Job ....great job! Thank you very much ... :D:D:D:D

System itself has ~131MB. So 150MB would be enough for system partition.

Thanks, that sounds good - any recommendation on cache size? I read the comment in the original post re. cache2tempfs when cache < 20MB but not sure what the implications are if this is used.

Guest timfimjim

Thanks, that sounds good - any recommendation on cache size? I read the comment in the original post re. cache2tempfs when cache < 20MB but not sure what the implications are if this is used.

Not entirely sure either. But this might help:

All-in-one TPT installation:

This will only work in phones that were sold with gen1 layout or updated to gen2 via TPT method. This won't work if your phone was sold gen2 or you have used windows tool to update.

-updates gen1->gen2

-repartitions internal storage (128mb /system, 326mb /data, 2mb /cache, 0,1mb /oem)

-installs Swedish Snow RLS6

-installs ClockWorkMod Recovery 4.0.1.5

-installs classic green android splash screen

So it looks like you might be alright with a 2mb cache partition. I'm going to try it myself and will report back.

Guest timfimjim

Sorry but i am not making any mods to it. I am just porting original. Ask in Konstat's original thread instead. Thanks.

I'm guessing this means it doesn't have the new EGL graphics libs.

Have you tried flashing them to this ROM?

Thanks

So it looks like you might be alright with a 2mb cache partition. I'm going to try it myself and will report back.

Yes the blade stuff suggests should be Ok with 2MB but I ended up flashing the larger cache version for now...

So far looks very good. Only running a few hours but yet to find any issues. Also coming from CM7 pleased to find wifi speed is much faster - previously got 5Mbps - now 14mbps on same connection.

(edit)

Here's Antutu numbers at 787MHz - has a slowish class 4 SD card but seems OK overall.

post-848922-0-86639100-1331814023_thumb.

BTW - GPS, camera, FM radio, proximity detector and compass all seem to work fine also and still yet to find any real problems. Only slight niggle was I needed to use DSP EQ to boost speaker levels - no big deal.

Edited by CIM1

Guest timfimjim

Rls6 already has them. Just see the konstat's changelog

Ah yes it does.

Very nice port C3CO, liking it a lot. Reminds me of the good old blade days!

Edited by timfimjim

Guest KonstaT

Very good ROM!

But Superuser app doesn't work (root work well).

It seems that /system/bin/su binary has been swapped during porting.

You can install the latest Superuser app and su binary (Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip) from Superuser homepage through ClockWorkMod. If your root is working, you should also be able to update the su binary from Superuser app. Superuser -> MENU -> Preferences -> Su binary.

Guest olimpx

It seems that /system/bin/su binary has been swapped during porting.

You can install the latest Superuser app and su binary (Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip) from Superuser homepage through ClockWorkMod. If your root is working, you should also be able to update the su binary from Superuser app. Superuser -> MENU -> Preferences -> Su binary.

Tnx for helping!

I like your ROM, and use it on my Blade and Skate!

RLS6 package replaced with new one containing superuser binary fix.

For all those who already have RLS6 installed, there is Patch #1 available for download in the first post.

Guest siddis

Sorry for my bad language.. Congratulations to the developers for this rom, specially the 2way call recording...

I was made a few modification on this rom's apperance ( wifi signal, flightmode, battery icons, system signal )

Just try if you like it... Download this zip to SD >> Reboot to recovery >> Choose zip from SD-card >> Reboot >> Enjoy...

http://min.us/m6SRR8kUa

system_mod_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

Edited by siddis

Guest KonstaT

I'm sorry for my dumb question, but does this ROM has a Theme Chooser engine?

No, it's (near) impossible task to put Theme Chooser to a non-CM7 ROM.

There is couple of battery mod add-ons in the first post of the original thread. You can also find themes for RLS6 from Blade's themes section and there even some more scattered along the original thread. You can safely use any Blade themes/add-ons with this Skate port except the ones that replace the kernel.

You can of course always use Ultimate Online Theme (UOT) Kitchen to cook themes that suit your personal preference. ;)

Guest timfimjim

I have a strange issue...

With headphones connected, media volume is different, depending on the 'in call' volume - when I'm using the internal speaker so not headphones.

For example: If I am in a call, and turn up the volume, when I finish the call and connect headphones to listen to music, the music is very loud even with the media volume set to the lowest setting.

Then if I take out my headphones and make a call and turn down the volume, finish the call and connect headphones to listen to music again, the music's much quieter in general.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Guest Infuckingcredible

No, it's (near) impossible task to put Theme Chooser to a non-CM7 ROM.

There is couple of battery mod add-ons in the first post of the original thread. You can also find themes for RLS6 from Blade's themes section and there even some more scattered along the original thread. You can safely use any Blade themes/add-ons with this Skate port except the ones that replace the kernel.

You can of course always use Ultimate Online Theme (UOT) Kitchen to cook themes that suit your personal preference. ;)

Thank you very much for your detailed answer! I just want to ask one more thing - are you going to release a newer version for the blade that C3C0 could port? I am amazed of the stability and performance of this rom and it became my number one, i think that it just dazzles the other ROMs. The only thing that i cant bare is the(maybe) audio driver(if i can say it that way). I have no problem with the sound comming from the device, but i don't find quality and pleasure listening through the headphones despite the fact i have used regular and in-ear headphones from different brands and etc. Nevertheless i am really impressed and amazed of the ROM and i think that nothing would displace it! :) Cheers!

edit: just wanted to say that i haven't found any pleasure in listening with "Dolby Digital" turned on, maybe the audio chip of the Skate is a poor one. :(

Edited by Infuckingcredible