[CM9] Cyanogenmod 9 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest thepasto

What do you mean about we have out 256mb?

I meant we have around 184mb usable ram out of 256mb, lupohirp used 205mb out of 256mb for cm7.2 last build.

i mean 184mb is 72 mb less than 256 mb and 205mb is 51 mb less than 256mb in our roms

whereas i saw on motorola defy the ram was 477mb which is 35mb less than total available(512mb).

So i was thinking you can check that part because we only have shortage of ram at A1.

post-955773-0-05556200-1348680707_thumb.post-955773-0-62140800-1348680729_thumb.

i saw same memory on ics too, although it can be device specific but i don't know may be you can get some help from those sources(although you don't need help but just maybe their could be some different idea of development for that rom on defy)

I was wondering if the code you used CM9 also incorporates part of the Linaro's code ...

Obviously thPasto's code is better because he is working on low specs device than others and still he is doing very very good.

you would not be saying this if you remember the smoothness of scrolling and opening of app drawer of cm9 beta4, thats something hard to find and should be appreciated not argued.

Edited by Diljeet

Guest Ainillia

I meant we have around 184mb usable ram out of 256mb, lupohirp used 205mb out of 256mb for cm7.2 last build.

i mean 184mb is 72 mb less than 256 mb and 205mb is 51 mb less than 256mb in our roms

whereas i saw on motorola defy the ram was 477mb which is 35mb less than total available(512mb).

So i was thinking you can check that part because we only have shortage of ram at A1.

post-955773-0-05556200-1348680707_thumb.post-955773-0-62140800-1348680729_thumb.

i saw same memory on ics too, although it can be device specific but i don't know may be you can get some help from those sources(although you don't need help but just maybe their could be some different idea of development for that rom on defy)

Obviously thPasto's code is better because he is working on low specs device than others and still he is doing very very good.

you would not be saying this if you remember the smoothness of scrolling and opening of app drawer of cm9 beta4, thats something hard to find and should be appreciated not argued.

AAAAaaaaah didn't understood, now i understand. But when we release too much RAM, strange things occurs... Played a bit with Jellybean/RAM, got it to boot but il lags like hell (Seems releated to drivers). Now i've some other problems... Can't acess my build platform => Out of HDD free space --" JellyBean took 18GB...

AAAAaaaaah didn't understood, now i understand. But when we release too much RAM, strange things occurs... Played a bit with Jellybean/RAM, got it to boot but il lags like hell (Seems releated to drivers). Now i've some other problems... Can't acess my build platform => Out of HDD free space --" JellyBean took 18GB...

Oooo thanks for the try(is the 205mb ram layout working?)

So do you guys have booting jellybean? please answer113.gif

I never had any idea that jellybean could take 18GB on HDD that is too much.

Edited by Diljeet

Guest paulus4605

when the battery power is getting at less then 15% you get the notification that you need to plugin your adapter or usb cable so far so good

however when you have rebooted your phone within that period I noticed that you can enter your pin code for your simcard then you get the notification screen which you can't get rid off

you get a grey background and that's it

after a second reboot I noticed it hangs on the screen where you need to enter your pincode to register your simcard to the network or ignore.

it would be very nice if you could get rid of that screen to register your simcard. just to avoid angry and frustrated towards the phone :P

Guest Ainillia

Guest thepasto

It's possibile to know the developments of CM9? Will be released today or tomorrow or i put my soul in peace and still waiting?

Maybe today... Maybe tomorrow, maybe another day. Usually i realease a new rom when it's ready.

It's possibile to know the developments of CM9? Will be released today or tomorrow or i put my soul in peace and still waiting?

Don't worry alboz83 i can understand how you feel(we all are a bit unstable like the beta 4), i have a good news for you, thePasto has done some major changes to the rom, i can assure we all will be surprised by the next release. Unfortunately they needs testing, so he and maybe others are testing them, if everything went good(which i hope will) then you will see a daily usable rom soon.

Cheers

Edited by Diljeet

Don't worry alboz83 i can understand how you feel(we all are a bit unstable like the beta 4), i have a good news for you, thePasto has done some major changes to the rom, i can assure we all will be surprised by the next release. Unfortunately they needs testing, so he and maybe others are testing them, if everything went good(which i hope will) then you will see a daily usable rom soon.

Cheers

Just an update from my side on this. I have been working slowly to improve the battery and the lag (by using full HWA). So far I have a build which is OK but still not ready for daily use. At the moment I am trying to get rid of the copybit since we have the ICS adreno libraries. Google removed copybit in ICS and relies on the GPU for HWA. But looks like our source still needs this. But otherwise the progress is slow.

Guest thepasto

Just an update from my side on this. I have been working slowly to improve the battery and the lag (by using full HWA). So far I have a build which is OK but still not ready for daily use. At the moment I am trying to get rid of the copybit since we have the ICS adreno libraries. Google removed copybit in ICS and relies on the GPU for HWA. But looks like our source still needs this. But otherwise the progress is slow.

Copybit can't be removed.. No 2d harware on adreno 200 side. So you have to emulate it with copybit.

PS. Need for your help when you'll have some spare time. Can you ping me on irc or gtalk? thanks :D

Edited by thepasto

Copybit can't be removed.. No 2d harware on adreno 200 side. So you have to emulate it with copybit.

PS. Need for your help when you'll have some spare time. Can you ping me on irc or gtalk? thanks

Sorry thepasto a bit busy this weekend. Maybe some other time or give me a pm. One question about the GPU driver though. Can you tell me where qualcomm says that the adreno 200 does not have HWA? Because as I understand it the ICS libraries they released recently for ICS and JB do support 2D and 3D openGL 2.0. This is mentioned in the Adreno200 Performance optimization pdf document available on th e net. Thanks

Guest thepasto

HWA in adreno 200 is working.. Drivers for ics and jb are released. No problem with that. We already have HWA working. But composition is gpu(3D)+ copybit (2d emulation).

BTW take your time, when you'll be free we talk, no problem :P

Cu soon

Guest parvata

HWA in adreno 200 is working.. Drivers for ics and jb are released. No problem with that. We already have HWA working. But composition is gpu(3D)+ copybit (2d emulation).

BTW take your time, when you'll be free we talk, no problem :P

Cu soon

Hi thepasto,

I have removed all the copybit code from qcom's libhwcomposer and I can get all the graphics working. I have replaced the adreno libraries with the ICS ones and my device boots and displays all components fine without any difference in UI lag from before (using copybit). Is there anything that you want me to try to see if I broke anything by removing copybit? Note that I am using the kgsl library source that lupo ported into your kernel. Thanks.

Edited by parvata

Guest thepasto

Hi thepasto,

I have removed all the copybit code from qcom's libhwcomposer and I can get all the graphics working. I have replaced the adreno libraries with the ICS ones and my device boots and displays all components fine without any difference in UI lag from before (using copybit). Is there anything that you want me to try to see if I broke anything by removing copybit? Note that I am using the kgsl library source that lupo ported into your kernel. Thanks.

I still don't understand why you want to remove copybit :D.. (joking) BTW in this way you shouldn't be able to run opengl based apps like google chrome (market version). Anyway let me know about your progress.

PS. Now with lastest kernel (test branch) you can compile copybit again from sources

Thnx

Guest drivard

is beta4 not available yet? also i notice that there is no cm9 folder under thepasto only cm7.2 am I missing something?? thanks

EDIT: so i know beta4 is out but i cant seem to find a download link that works? on goo.im there is only a 7.2 folder under the pasto any help or links to the rom would be appriciated

Edited by drivard

Guest Muhaimin

are you serious? can we have a good and stable ics rom?

yes, we can....

the new rom is better in batterylife too...

working camcoder.....

and almost everything fixed.....

and not to forget smooothest rom ....

Guest Ciotto

yes, we can....

working camcoder.....

good! There are som bugs that should be fixed before release?

Guest Diljeet

yes, we can....

working camcoder.....

113.gifThanks for the updates, is ui smoother than beta 4 i mean sometimes while opening apps and rotating screen the ui lagged.

It looks like you are testing the rom, so can you post the benchmark results on Neocore(please post the fps if possible).