[CM9] Cyanogenmod 9 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest thepasto

Guest thepasto

Be ready CM9 is going to release soon, not just soon but really soon is some hour or less i mean, or may be now.

35.gif

Already out :D Check first post :D

ENJOY!!

Guest alboz83

Be ready CM9 is going to release soon, not just soon but really soon is some hour or less i mean, or may be now.

35.gif

Really? I remain attached to the forum :P

Edit: Ooooooh yeeeeee it's out finally :D :D :D

Edited by alboz83

Guest Diljeet

CM9 RC1 i out downloading, Yeaahhh

Thank you very very much thePasto and all the devs that make it happen

Edited by Diljeet

Thank you so much!! I'm still with LNP 1.9.2, so I have to start from the new recovery, format sd and so on...

Advices about swap and data partition sizes? Now I'm using app2sd (from LiquidNextParts menu under settings), is it the same on CM9? I moved on sd-ext apps and data, but not dalvik: is this a good choice (I'm quite a newbie)?

Thanx soooo much!!

Guest thor124

Thanks to all the devs for their hard work!

Just flashed it. First impressions are good. Tried to turn on swap in Liquid Parts. It appeared to turn on, but was off again after reboot. Same behaviour as CM7.2 and CM9 beta 4. Gonna remove apps2sd and use Link2SD (better control, not all apps moved to SD-ext).

I'll report back w/any problems I encounter.

first run, opening liquidparts -> requests su -> ok -> hang :[

second run, boot -> requests sim pin -> cancel -> looks okay... but no more a1 memorykiller in liquidparts?

the interface animations are pretty nice, scrolling menus is fast and not choppy thought opening apps/menus take some time to load. (a1 256mb)

the screen lightning is smooth and nice.

also the device hung after connecting to wifi ap... keys were lighting up but the display is stuck with same image.

Guest benito91

One little problem. i'm trying to use app2sd (from liquidparts) i click format ext and everything goes ok, but now when i click app2sd on it will ask me to reboot and after reboot it will show "off" again, i tried 30-40 times

EDIT: mass storage doesn't work on windows 7. I click on activate mass storage and it works, but i have nothing on pc (same problem of previous beta)

Edited by benito91

Guest Diljeet

One little problem. i'm trying to use app2sd (from liquidparts) i click format ext and everything goes ok, but now when i click app2sd on it will ask me to reboot and after reboot it will show "off" again, i tried 30-40 times

EDIT: mass storage doesn't work on windows 7. I click on activate mass storage and it works, but i have nothing on pc (same problem of previous beta)

same thing with a2sd happened to me.

i got usb storage working on windows 7(go to uninstall programs menu and search "acer" uninstall every driver named acer and mass storage worked)

Edited by Diljeet

Guest Muhaimin

Wow i'm happy with CM9 RC1. Finally seems usable, slower than CM7.2 but amazing. Do you use swap? As you set it?

cm7.2 is different thing, and the graphics is worst in it.....

yes i use swap,

Note:- am using liquid A1 device, and its smooth in it.... so imagine how it will be in E

Edited by Muhaimin

Guest Mindereak

Hello guys I'm new here but I've been reading this topic since the beginning waiting for a stable release for Liquid A1 :)

Can you please help me with the flashing of the rom? At the moment I have Liquid Next 1.5.1 rom and an old Malez Recovery.

I need to update the recovery first and I choose TWRP because it looks very easy to install, in the installation notes thepasto says to make sure the rom you are using is CM7.2 or CM9, is my rom (LN 1.5.1) one of those and can I install the TWRP with no problems using that small tutorial? After installing the recovery I have to follow the "Other Rom" installation tutorial to flash this rom right? Can I create the SWAP partition using the TWRP recovery and what should be the size of it? Should I recalibrate the battery after the flash of this rom? Also do I have to install the led fix or is it working in RC1? These are my thoughts right now, hope you can help me install this rom because it looks awsome! Thanks in advance

EDIT: Also in the tutorial it says "flash both files" does it refere to "cm-9-20121003-UNOFFICIAL-salsa.zip" and "gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip"? If yes this is the right order right?

Edited by Mindereak

Guest Ma7moud

Hello guys I'm new here but I've been reading this topic since the beginning waiting for a stable release for Liquid A1

Can you please help me with the flashing of the rom? At the moment I have Liquid Next 1.5.1 rom and an old Malez Recovery.

I need to update the recovery first and I choose TWRP because it looks very easy to install, in the installation notes thepasto says to make sure the rom you are using is CM7.2 or CM9, is my rom (LN 1.5.1) one of those and can I install the TWRP with no problems using that small tutorial? After installing the recovery I have to follow the "Other Rom" installation tutorial to flash this rom right? Can I create the SWAP partition using the TWRP recovery and what should be the size of it? Should I recalibrate the battery after the flash of this rom? Also do I have to install the led fix or is it working in RC1? These are my thoughts right now, hope you can help me install this rom because it looks awsome! Thanks in advance

EDIT: Also in the tutorial it says "flash both files" does it refere to "cm-9-20121003-UNOFFICIAL-salsa.zip" and "gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip"? If yes this is the right order right?

install recovery then follow the tutorial, and yes, cm9 first then gapps

Guest Mindereak

install recovery then follow the tutorial, and yes, cm9 first then gapps

I downloaded goo manager but when I click to "Install OpenRecoveryScript" and confirm it checks for recoveries and says no recovery found for my device, what's the problem? How do I install TWRP then?

(I'm on Liquid Next 1.5.1, build GINGERBREAD.eng.thepasto.20110703.234743, Acer Liquid A1)

Guest Ma7moud

I downloaded goo manager but when I click to "Install OpenRecoveryScript" and confirm it checks for recoveries and says no recovery found for my device, what's the problem? How do I install TWRP then?

(I'm on Liquid Next 1.5.1, build GINGERBREAD.eng.thepasto.20110703.234743, Acer Liquid A1)

download this file:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-GKEo6FCWzwX0hsNG9RQkRUQTg

and follow the same instructions like if you were installing malez recovery, and now you have TWRP

Guest DethWraith

Really nice job guys, rc1 is running really well for me so far. It's a lot more responsive than beta 4, and is more stable as well. Keep up the excellent work!

Guest Diljeet

Help for all the users, my CM9 RC1 is faster then it was few hours ago.

Tricks same as Ainillia used for cm7.2 by not installing unuseful apps.

But instead of uninstalling i freezed the apps using link2sd freeze options.

I don't use tts so freezed it, freezed voice dialer and also some apps i don't use.

so now i have more free ram then usual, and the lag of opening applications is gone now.

I am on A1, only lag is auto rotate animation(i remember it was smoother in alpha 36 but i know thePasto will figure this one out too)

Caution: Please be careful while freezing apps, don't freeze apps used by system or apps you don't know about.

Guest Mura88

Help for all the users, my CM9 RC1 is faster then it was few hours ago.

Tricks same as Ainillia used for cm7.2 by not installing unuseful apps.

But instead of uninstalling i freezed the apps using link2sd freeze options.

I don't use tts so freezed it, freezed voice dialer and also some apps i don't use.

so now i have more free ram then usual, and the lag of opening applications is gone now.

I am on A1, only lag is auto rotate animation(i remember it was smoother in alpha 36 but i know thePasto will figure this one out too)

Caution: Please be careful while freezing apps, don't freeze apps used by system or apps you don't know about.

Can you explain, and all the people in this thread, what do the single apk/process you chosen to freeze ???

I think that can be very useful create a list of pre installed apk/default processes, and explain if is it safe to freeze or delete them.

Guest Mura88

First two things i do:

- Installed Holo Launcher (non HD version, is lighter and smoother than ICS's Trebuchet and HD version based on JB's one.)

- Installed Swiftkey 3 free, to me the default keyboard has too little keys

- Apk Frozen, I never used LiveWP annd VoiceSearch ... :

Trebouchet is the default launcher, i think Holo is better ...

Voice Search ( /system/app/VoiceSearch.apk),

Google Voice Sintesys Engine ( /system/app/GoogleTTS.apk),

Android Keyboard (mine is ( /system/app/LatinIME.apk),

LiveWallPapers(/system/app/LiveWallpapers.apk),

LiveWallpaper Selector (/system/app/LiveWallpapersPicker.apk).

- Frozen the LiveWallpapers one by one:

Bubbles (/system/app/NoiseField.apk),

Black Hole (/system/app/Galaxy4.apk),

Phase Beam (/system/app/PhaseBeam.apk),

MagicSmoke Wallpapers (/system/app/MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk)

If in one or two Days i have no problem ... probably I delete them XD ...

A little screenshot ... https://mail-attachm...82oyz93tctNDgLk

I have rotation lag only from portrait to landscape or viceversa, if i rotate my phone from landscape to landscape i don't have lag.

A little problem ... USB Mount isn't working to me ... when I connect it, I feel the Ta-Dah ... but do not see the removable drive ...

Edited by Mura88