[CM9] Cyanogenmod 9 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest thepasto

Guest dradnanc

same for me too.usb mount isnt working.pc doesnt connect to liquid's sd card as usb storage.i installed all sdk and acer drivers,and installed rom again,etc.etc....doesnt connect to sd.:(((

Guest Mura88

same for me too.usb mount isnt working.pc doesnt connect to liquid's sd card as usb storage.i installed all sdk and acer drivers,and installed rom again,etc.etc....doesnt connect to sd.((

I find a way, go in Settings, Memory, press Menù, and Select MMTP ... Windows will see the Acer like a Mp3, or something like this, the file transfer work ... but not is like usb mount ...

another little trick ...

Settings, Developer Option, scroll down and you will find 2 value for Windows and Transitions scale, set to 0.5 ... and judge for yourself the smoothness ... you can also complitely disable.

Edited by Mura88

Guest dradnanc

I find a way, go in Settings, Memory, press Menù, and Select MMTP ... Windows will see the Acer like a Mp3, or something like this, the file transfer work ... but not is like usb mount ...

another little trick ...

Settings, Developer Option, scroll down and you will find 2 value for Windows and Transitions scale, set to 0.5 ... and judge for yourself the smoothness ... you can also complitely disable.

it is enough for me.thanks.:))

rom is very good.

Edited by dradnanc

Guest Diljeet

Can you explain, and all the people in this thread, what do the single apk/process you chosen to freeze ???

I think that can be very useful create a list of pre installed apk/default processes, and explain if is it safe to freeze or delete them.

I hope you figured out all that, but here is what i did for others help

-Open Link2Sd from top selected system so only system apps are listed.

-For freezing any app Long press on it and click option Freeze.

-now you Freeze Talk(google talk), Pico TTS, Google Text-to-Speech Engine, DSPManager(if you don't use it)

-i also freezed voice dialer because i don't use it.

-be careful don't freeze any other app you don't know about, you can freeze apps you know, which you think are ram eating background processes.

:( Deep Sleep is not working i loose large amount of battery when Screen is Off

Edit: Strange after freezing gtalk i think the deep sleep is finally working, i am now not thinking of going back to gingerbread, Awesome. Will report all the issues for devs later, although no complains i can live with them.

41.gif

Edited by Diljeet

Guest Muhaimin

I hope you figured out all that, but here is what i did for others help

-Open Link2Sd from top selected system so only system apps are listed.

-For freezing any app Long press on it and click option Freeze.

-now you Freeze Talk(google talk), Pico TTS, Google Text-to-Speech Engine, DSPManager(if you don't use it)

-i also freezed voice dialer because i don't use it.

-be careful don't freeze any other app you don't know about, you can freeze apps you know, which you think are ram eating background processes.

Deep Sleep is not working i loose large amount of battery when Screen is Off

Edit: Strange after freezing gtalk i think the deep sleep is finally working, i am now not thinking of going back to gingerbread, Awesome. Will report all the issues for devs later, although no complains i can live with them.

41.gif

i disabled talk and no issues for me....

Guest msadek122

It's slow and free ram only 200 MB any help to install something like V6 supercharger or staff like that

and what's the best launcher

this rom has to be modified like CM7.2 it was great

Guest Mindereak

download this file:

https://docs.google....X0hsNG9RQkRUQTg

and follow the same instructions like if you were installing malez recovery, and now you have TWRP

Thanks it was an easy installation, I also flashed the rom :)

Apex Launcher is better than Holo Launcher for CM9

and I can't turn off auto rotation

everything else is great

Do you suggest me to use Apex Launcher it looks like the default one with more stuff in it, I don't really need more settings but if Apex Launcher is lighter than the default one I'll install it, so is it lighter and smoother?

Also what about cpu overclock? Now I'm using 128-883 Ondemand, is this ok? I just want to save battery because it looks like it's draining a lot of battery right now in fact I'm going to try to freeze some unused applications.

EDIT: Also how do I activate deep idle? Or is it activated by default?

Edited by Mindereak

Guest Braveheart28

This release is pretty nice! It looks almost done. I wanna report i am having deep sleep issues. Phone doesnt wake up when i pressed the button. I hope this would be solved. Anybody has the same thing?

Guest reno3d

Hi, i flashed last rom, everithing works very smoothing except for the home key. When i press it i have the vibration of aptic feedback but nothing else. It's not an hardware problem (it appens only with that version). I tried other launchers but with same results.

Guest Muhaimin

It's slow and free ram only 200 MB any help to install something like V6 supercharger or staff like that

and what's the best launcher

this rom has to be modified like CM7.2 it was great

i think you are using beta 4 or before.....200mb..... lol u want 256mb?

am having only 29mb free and its running more smoother than cm7...

My advice is to enable gpu rendering, so that it will give u more smooth performance..

Guest Muhaimin

I KNOW IT, i said it for thepasto, his script always sign rom files properly.

i know it that you know it,hehe i said for all that have this issue....

thepasto rocks... :P

Guest thor124

This release is pretty nice! It looks almost done. I wanna report i am having deep sleep issues. Phone doesnt wake up when i pressed the button. I hope this would be solved. Anybody has the same thing?

Yes, I've had the same problem - Some times it'll eventually wake up (10+seconds after hitting power), some times it doesn't and I end up yanking the battery to reboot it.

Guest Mindereak

I'm using Battery Monitor Widget and right when I resume from standby it shows an average drain of -55mA is this good or not? I don't really know if deep sleep\deep idle is working, how can I see if it's activated or not?

Guest Willem van Oort

I'm using Battery Monitor Widget and right when I resume from standby it shows an average drain of -55mA is this good or not? I don't really know if deep sleep\deep idle is working, how can I see if it's activated or not?

use the app CPUspy for that;)

Guest Ma7moud

Thanks it was an easy installation, I also flashed the rom :)

Do you suggest me to use Apex Launcher it looks like the default one with more stuff in it, I don't really need more settings but if Apex Launcher is lighter than the default one I'll install it, so is it lighter and smoother?

Also what about cpu overclock? Now I'm using 128-883 Ondemand, is this ok? I just want to save battery because it looks like it's draining a lot of battery right now in fact I'm going to try to freeze some unused applications.

EDIT: Also how do I activate deep idle? Or is it activated by default?

it looks like the default one with more options from Android 4.1 and it's lighter and smoother

for overlock i'm using 128-960 SmartassV2, and most of the battery drain on this rom comes from screen so overclock shouldn't change the battery life too much

I froze some apps i don't need too

Guest thepasto

I KNOW IT, i said it for thepasto, his script always sign rom files properly.

Tnx for reporting :) It was because of camcorder fix.. I found en error in media_profiles file, and too lazy to rebuilt everything :P

Guest Ma7moud

About the rotation bug i talked about earlier, you can turn rotation off only if you turn it off from "Settings > Accessibility" first

after turning it off from there i can turn it on and off as i like from "Settings > Display"

Guest Mindereak

use the app CPUspy for that;)

Nice utility, as I can see Deep Sleep is not working, my Liquid was in standby a lot of time 128mhz is 72% of time but Deep Sleep is just 0% how can I make it work?

it looks like the default one with more options from Android 4.1 and it's lighter and smoother

for overlock i'm using 128-960 SmartassV2, and most of the battery drain on this rom comes from screen so overclock shouldn't change the battery life too much

I froze some apps i don't need too

Nice I just installed it and it seems to work just fine, I frozed some apps to including the old launcher. Now I'm using 128-883 SmartassV2. If you know the answer can you help me too about the Deep Sleep status not working?

This rom seems quite perfect but the camera app doesn't look good at all to me, isn't the Acer Stream App better? I had it in a previous custom rom, how can I install it here?

EDIT: I will also try a battery calibration in the near future maybe but I would like to fix the Deep Sleep problem.

EDIT2: This is the Acer Stream Camera Interface: http://www.phonearen...w_id2495/page/3

Edited by Mindereak

Guest Ma7moud

Nice utility, as I can see Deep Sleep is not working, my Liquid was in standby a lot of time 128mhz is 72% of time but Deep Sleep is just 0% how can I make it work?

Nice I just installed it and it seems to work just fine, I frozed some apps to including the old launcher. Now I'm using 128-883 SmartassV2. If you know the answer can you help me too about the Deep Sleep status not working?

This rom seems quite perfect but the camera app doesn't look good at all to me, isn't the Acer Stream App better? I had it in a previous custom rom, how can I install it here?

EDIT: I will also try a battery calibration in the near future maybe but I would like to fix the Deep Sleep problem.

EDIT2: This is the Acer Stream Camera Interface: http://www.phonearen...w_id2495/page/3

Deep sleep happens when you turn the screen off and your phone isn't doing anything so it sleeps

and deep sleep is working fine with me if the wifi is off

Stream camera app is from android 2.2 i think, this is android 4.0 , also i'm not sure if it would work

Edited by Ma7moud

Guest Diljeet

Yes, I've had the same problem - Some times it'll eventually wake up (10+seconds after hitting power), some times it doesn't and I end up yanking the battery to reboot it.

try long pressing the power button two three times and the device will wake, right after that reboot the phone, the problem occurs rarely

try freezing or uninstalling the gtalk, the deep sleep works for me i also use cpu spy.(also go to Running Services and stop google play services frees ram)

also you can try freezing TTS and dspmanager