[CM9] Cyanogenmod 9 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest thepasto

Guest Ma7moud

try freezing or uninstalling the gtalk, the deep sleep works for me i also use cpu spy.(also go to Running Services and stop google play services frees ram)

also you can try freezing TTS and dspmanager

I didn't freeze gtalk and deep sleep is working normally for me

Also, is anyone noticing some slight screen flicker? or it's just my phone

I notice it the most when i go to the battery use in settings and click on the graph to see it bigger

and on the home screen if i have the blue wallpaper with "cyanogenmod" written all over it, you can find that wallpaper in Cyanogenmod Wallpapers, it's the last one

Guest Diljeet

I didn't freeze gtalk and deep sleep is working normally for me

Also, is anyone noticing some slight screen flicker? or it's just my phone

I notice it the most when i go to the battery use in settings and click on the graph to see it bigger

and on the home screen if i have the blue wallpaper with "cyanogenmod" written all over it, you can find that wallpaper in Cyanogenmod Wallpapers, it's the last one

Ok so it(deep sleep) may be because of sync i also turned auto sync off.

I applied the wallpaper and will check the flicker, please tell what type of a flicker do you see.

try enable force 2d gpu rendering in developer options.

Also i can tell about rendering that in the simplest opengl app where a white cube is drawn rotating, which always gives a 59 fps on any rom or any device, is giving a 41-42 fps on our rom so rendering is still about to improve more, so i think you won't have any flickers in later releases.

Edited by Diljeet

Guest Ma7moud

Ok so it(deep sleep) may be because of sync i also turned auto sync off.

I applied the wallpaper and will check the flicker, please tell what type of a flicker do you see.

try enable force 2d gpu rendering in developer options.

Also i can tell about rendering that in the simplest opengl app where a white cube is drawn rotating, which always gives a 59 fps on any rom or any device, is giving a 41-42 fps on our rom so rendering is still about to improve more, so i think you won't have any flickers in later releases.

it's similar to this : (the camera flicker, not the home screen flicker, just watch the first 5 seconds)

but not that bad, it's only, and barely noticable when part of the screen is a light color and the rest is dark

like the wallpaper or the battery use graph

EDIT: ok I confirm it's only me, because i'm stupid, it went away after i disabled "16-bit transparency" from performance settings

Edit 2: No, It's not gone, it disappears after a reboot then appears again after a few minutes of use

Edited by Ma7moud

Guest rocky58

I had CM7.2 and now installed CM9 with linksys because a2sd don't go... my problem is that after some time my phone freeze...

Someone can help me?

Guest Mindereak

Deep sleep happens when you turn the screen off and your phone isn't doing anything so it sleeps

and deep sleep is working fine with me if the wifi is off

Stream camera app is from android 2.2 i think, this is android 4.0 , also i'm not sure if it would work

Strange I did nothing and it is working properly now! :) Now i get about -23 during deep sleep while previously about -52ma, it was double! Very very nice!

Yes I already froze a lot of apps, TTS and dpsmanager included. What is "Goggle Play Services"? Is it useful or not?

What do you think about the default camera app? I personally don't like it at all plus there are a lot of settings which made it crash.

try long pressing the power button two three times and the device will wake, right after that reboot the phone, the problem occurs rarely

try freezing or uninstalling the gtalk, the deep sleep works for me i also use cpu spy.(also go to Running Services and stop google play services frees ram)

also you can try freezing TTS and dspmanager

What are those Google play services? I was wondering if they are useful or I will just froze the app

Thank you all for the help :)

-edited wrong quote-

Edited by Mindereak

Guest Ma7moud

Strange I did nothing and it is working properly now! Now i get about -23 during deep sleep while previously about -52ma, it was double! Very very nice!

Yes I already froze a lot of apps, TTS and dpsmanager included. What is "Goggle Play Services"? Is it useful or not?

What do you think about the default camera app? I personally don't like it at all plus there are a lot of settings which made it crash.

What are those Google play services? I was wondering if they are useful or I will just froze the app

Thank you all for the help

I don't know what is Google Play Services, didn't see it before on CM7.2 maybe it's ICS related

I don't take pictures much, so the default app is ok for me, and for the crashes thepasto said its still work in progress, so it may get better soon with future updates

Guest Mindereak

I don't know what is Google Play Services, didn't see it before on CM7.2 maybe it's ICS related

I don't take pictures much, so the default app is ok for me, and for the crashes thepasto said its still work in progress, so it may get better soon with future updates

Ok so I guess I'll leave it as it is, I'm happy thepasto will work on the camera so I'll stick to it since this is not my main phone it won't be a big problem. However this looks by far the best rom I've ever used. Great Job thepasto!!

Guest msadek122

I moved back to CM7.2 as CM9 is not stable at all, too slow and some times freez it's not usable in addition no zoom in camera and no usb storage to mount

ZTE SKATE got their Really stable Roms long time ago however our liquid much better than the ZTE

Guest cellino92

hi guys, i want to report that i'm back to Liquidnext 1.9 because tomorrow i sell my liquid and cm9 is really slow for a normal person :-\ . This rom work normally without flash malez recovery (however, i can't reflash malez because the device isn't recognised)

Guest Diljeet

Edit 2: No, It's not gone, it disappears after a reboot then appears again after a few minutes of use

I never saw a flicker, but i keep my brightness just 1 level abovet the minimum i will increase brightness and see if i can notice some flicker.

I had CM7.2 and now installed CM9 with linksys because a2sd don't go... my problem is that after some time my phone freeze...

Someone can help me?

Please try freezing the gtalk, Pico TTS and Google text to speech(i also had freezes and after freezing these apps i never had any freeze)

Well the services are for sync, update, app info sync and other stuff for google play store, i think you can manually end them after every boot not need to freeze them.

LOL, i have seen them ever since i am using my phone before they were named market services and now they are named google play services(from stock 2.1 i have manually stopped them at every boot, they are not ICS related)

I moved back to CM7.2 as CM9 is not stable at all, too slow and some times freez it's not usable in addition no zoom in camera and no usb storage to mount

ZTE SKATE got their Really stable Roms long time ago however our liquid much better than the ZTE

USB storage works find old acer drivers and uninstall* them(necessary part) and install the new once posted on first post by thePasto

for ZTE : by the way its development its hard and takes time, the rom will be as stable as ZTE rom or even more, please admire the time developers give to develop this rom(for Free), i don't know many persons who will do that.

hi guys, i want to report that i'm back to Liquidnext 1.9 because tomorrow i sell my liquid and cm9 is really slow for a normal person :-\ . This rom work normally without flash malez recovery (however, i can't reflash malez because the device isn't recognised)

for installing malez if your device is not recognised, you can reboot into TWRP recovery and then run malez installation, worked for me when i tried switching to older roms(also try old acer drivers this rom needs new once and previous roms needs older once)

Guest rocky58

Someone can help me?

EDIT: I discovered that my phone don't freeze... all is ok, but after some time the screen don't accept taps anymore... don't goes touch to the screen!!!

Edited by rocky58

Guest Diljeet

EDIT: I discovered that my phone don't freeze... all is ok, but after some time the screen don't accept taps anymore... don't goes touch to the screen!!!

I never heard such error, did you set sensitivity and noise values from the pre-installed LiquidParts App(sensitivity 25,noise 50)? also tell me how may times this non touch response error occured.

I have problem woth lockscreen. Whan i press the power button, the lockscreen don't appear and i must press more times. It's boring. In generally the rom it's ok, but a bit slow still (I have freezing all apps like tts, gtalk, etc.. and set overclock with smartassv2 128-921 mhz). I think that the rom is usable but without many applications that remains in ram, like facebook, whatsapp, viber. But without this applications the phone is almost useless. Or maybe depends on the micro sd and the velocity of swap (I have Sandisk mobile ultra Class6 16GB)

locksreen problem happened only twice to me, and i rebooted and things go smooth again

I never keep overclock forever(i love default settings), i can say we can't keep foreground apps like fb which needs updates.

and i use class 4 :( 8GB micro sd.

and it runs well enough :D (i prefer fb and chatting on pc, mobile is too small screen even 4" will be small for me, to handle things like those, i play games on mobile for testing performance(sometimes for fun too3.gif), so i can keep the rom and its useful for me)

Edited by Diljeet

Guest alboz83

I have problem woth lockscreen. Whan i press the power button, the lockscreen don't appear and i must press more times. It's boring. In generally the rom it's ok, but a bit slow still (I have freezing all apps like tts, gtalk, etc.. and set overclock with smartassv2 128-921 mhz). I think that the rom is usable but without many applications that remains in ram, like facebook, whatsapp, viber. But without this applications the phone is almost useless. Or maybe depends on the micro sd and the velocity of swap (I have Sandisk mobile ultra Class6 16GB)

Guest rocky58

I never heard such error, did you set sensitivity and noise values from the pre-installed LiquidParts App(sensitivity 25,noise 50)? also tell me how may times this non touch response error occured.

The values from the pre-installed LiquidParts App was (sensitivity 75 and noise 75)... now I changed to your values. It occurs all the times after some minutes. It begins with some taps lost and after a little the phone doesn't feel no tap anymore. Very very stange ... with CM7.2 my Liquid went like a charme...

Edited by rocky58

Guest msadek122

USB storage works find old acer drivers and uninstall* them(necessary part) and install the new once posted on first post by thePasto

for ZTE : by the way its development its hard and takes time, the rom will be as stable as ZTE rom or even more, please admire the time developers give to develop this rom(for Free), i don't know many persons who will do that.

I already admire time developers give to develop this rom but i wanted to boost them to get the stable one

can you post me the link of the acer driver you are talking about to make storage works fine as i can't find it

Guest Diljeet

I already admire time developers give to develop this rom but i wanted to boost them to get the stable one

can you post me the link of the acer driver you are talking about to make storage works fine as i can't find it

Windows Drivers: http://goo.gl/IJ9yi

please uninstall previous drivers, otherwise these won't work.

Guest Diljeet

i have liquid e, how i can remove a2sd? i like link2sd!

a2sd is not active until you activate it from the application LiquidParts, you can use Link2sd i use it.

Guest paulus4605

for me the battery consumption improved with about 250% at first I did with a lot of praying 1 day with my battery now I am already at 2 1/2 day !!!

Guest rere16

Hello,

Firstly, thank you for this ROM. It is amazing. But, I have a problem : when I push the power button, the lockscreen doesn't appear and I must press many times. It is very boring.

Edited by rere16

Guest Diljeet

The values from the pre-installed LiquidParts App was (sensitivity 75 and noise 75)... now I changed to your values. It occurs all the times after some minutes. It begins with some taps lost and after a little the phone doesn't feel no tap anymore. Very very stange ... with CM7.2 my Liquid went like a charme...

you can try a fresh install and if still you have this problem, then you switch to cm7.2 and wait for next release.

Guest rocky58

you can try a fresh install and if still you have this problem, then you switch to cm7.2 and wait for next release.

Yes Diljeet, I think I'll restore CM7.2 waiting for the new release....

Thank you very much for trying to help me...