[CM9] Cyanogenmod 9 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest thepasto

Guest Veriset

I got the same problem.. sometimes it don't respond my taps and the touch is gone, and.. the lockscreen issue sometimes it dont appear when i press the power button.

btw, thanks to the guys who work on this!! its really cool rom ill be the best!

Guest alboz83

I got the same problem.. sometimes it don't respond my taps and the touch is gone, and.. the lockscreen issue sometimes it dont appear when i press the power button.

btw, thanks to the guys who work on this!! its really cool rom ill be the best!

yes the problem of lockscreen i have it too. Another strange thing is that i see sometimes the screen as if it flashes very fast.

Guest Christoforos22

Hello,

I have installed cm9 on my acer liquid A1. I have some problems with waking the screen up and some freezes in general where i have to take the battery out. I have auto memory killer in aggressive mode and even if phone is very fast, power button does not respond in order to wake up the screen and i have to take the battery out. My settings are smartass V2, 245mhz/998mh, zram disabled, allow purging of assets and kernel samepage merging enabled. So i would like to know if anyone with an A1 can tell me if he got it stable and if he could share his settings in order to do it as well.

Thank you

Edited by Christoforos22

Thanks devs! I installed the rc1 on my a1 and it's working fine, it's only a bit slow,but it's usable. the only bug I found is that i can't connect to the camera, and I tried with 3rd part apps too, but the problem persists.

Guest Mura88

Ok ... I wanna explain how to create a fast and light CM9 with this great rom.

1) Point One, apk we need for:

- Link2SD, to unistall System Apk ...

- Holo Launcher, non HD version, lighet then Default ICS Trebuchet

- ScriptManager, used to load V6 supercharger

- Swiftkey 3 free, used to replace default android keyboard, because is heavy on ram, with little keys and not is smooth ...

- Opera Mini, light, fast, smooth, AWESOME. Default browser is Crap, Chrome is great ... on dual core, with 1GB of RAM ...

I decided to completely remove Voice Search and Dialer, LiveWallpaper and Gtalk ... I never used them, if you want them, don't remove ... obviously !!!

2) Point 2 - Start to Work ... remove unused APK related to Voice Search and Dialer, LiveWallpaper and Gtalk.

After trying two days with these apk frozen, I decided to completely uninstall them, and some I let them frozen ... because if I regret I can go back.

Unistalled:

-Voice Search ( /system/app/VoiceSearch.apk),

-Google Voice Sintesys Engine ( /system/app/GoogleTTS.apk),

-LiveWallPapers(/system/app/LiveWallpapers.apk),

-LiveWallpaper Selector (/system/app/LiveWallpapersPicker.apk).

-Bubbles (/system/app/NoiseField.apk),

-Black Hole (/system/app/Galaxy4.apk),

-Phase Beam (/system/app/PhaseBeam.apk),

-MagicSmoke Wallpapers (/system/app/MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk)

-PicoTTS apk

-Gtalk apk

-VoiceDialer apk

-Default Browser

Frozen:

- Trebouchet is the default launcher, i think Holo is better ...

- Android Keyboard (mine is ( /system/app/LatinIME.apk),

- CyanogenMod Wallpapers ...

probably I will delete these Apk in a day or two ... or even in less time XD

3) Step 3 ... V6supercharger for ICS.

I realized immediately that the ram manager of ICS is "slow" compared to that of GB, and I think we all need for the V6 supercharger, A1 and E ... follow the procedure reported in the Zeppelinrox thread on XDA.

4) Point 4 ... Choose the right Apk !!!

Remember that even if you are running ICS on your terminal, you do not have in hand a galaxy nexus, so it is always better to choose the apk that does the same thing with less graphics and everything else that even if is not the coolest ... be smart, smartness is coolest, ever !!!

In this way the terminal is fast, responsive, goes into deep sleep, it is fast and running the unlock ... now I try Blood and Glory Legend ... Let's see if graphics performance is high!!

Guest alboz83

I realized immediately that the ram manager of ICS is "slow" compared to that of GB, and I think we all need for the V6 supercharger, A1 and E ... follow the procedure reported in the Zeppelinrox thread on XDA.

V6superchargher works in this new cm9? I remember that in previous version (beta4) the script don't works. If works well, this help many of us for to have more ram (especially for A1)

Edit: I tried to set "limit process background" with any processes and the rom is more fast

Edited by alboz83

Guest Mura88

Blood and Glory Legend Works PERFECTLY on my Liquid E with SmartAssV2 governor and 921Mhz max freq ...

now My objective is to go UP with frequences ...

After I flashed the twrp with this

download this file:

https://docs.google....X0hsNG9RQkRUQTg

and follow the same instructions like if you were installing malez recovery, and now you have TWRP

and installed the cm9, the camera doesn't work anymore. I went back to the stock froyo rom with adt and it still doesn't works. anyone has an idea?

The camera doesn't work with 3rd part apps and I tried every rom: stock froyo, cm7,2, and miui, but it doesn't work.

Edited by Guest

Guest FunYeg

Tested for few hours, and have following conclusion:

1. Sometime it hard to wake up, need to press power button few times to get it screen on.

2. the animation is a little bit lag.

3. battery seem better than the previous version, but still too fast(I think.)

Guest Mura88

wifi doesn't work for me i can't connect to a wifi network but i can tether it

Installa TWRP ... wipe all, flash two times CM9 RC1, flash Gapps, wipe cache, reboot. Reboot again and again, two or three times ...

Guest alboz83

I think that LiquidParts app can be unistalled seen that do not work a2sd, swap!! And install Liquid Settings for set the value of touchscreen, sd, battery led, etc..

Guest banjodido

First thing first: a big thank you to all the developers how worked on this ROM.

Now to my question: I'm still pretty new to the whole Android thing. Is there a way to update from the CM9 beta to this RC1 without loosing all the adjustments and personal data? Can I make an update on my preferences and apps and then recover this backup after flashing the new RC1?

CM9 RC1 Testreport for Liquid e (512 MB RAM)Config:

• * CM9 RC1
  • * touchscreen sensitivity to 25/50 (sensitivity/noise)
  • * disabled surface dithering, enabled 16-bit transparancy
  • * Developeroptions/Force GPU rendering disabled
  • * Launcher: Apex
  • * OC setting: 1,03 ghz with enabled custom SVS and set the values to the suggested ones
  • * governor: smartAss2
  • * SD Readahead: 2048
  • * Memory Management: Allow purging of assets & Kernel same page merging enabled
  • * Memory Management: zRam disabled
  • * removed some background apps: DSP Manager, Google Talk

Functiontest:

• * Radio Not really tested, only a few calls. Speech quality was good
    • * camera Working
    • * Wifi Working, stable
    • * Usb Mass Storage Working with Mac OS X
    • * Full HWA/Graphic Neocore benchmark 37 fps
    • * Deep Sleep Working. Cpuspy shows Deep Sleep state
    • * GPS Working
    • * notification led Working
    • * airplane mode Working
    • * Browser performance: Default webbrowser, sunspider benchmark: 3368 ms
    • * Battery drain: Normal, in sleep/airplane mode nearly no battery drain
    • * Boot time: 55s
    • * Stable, no random reboots with 1,03 Ghz oc since 24 hours, one app crash (camera app)

I discovered only one persistent problem: lock screen wakeup. Screen don't appear when the power button is pressed. This happens regularly :-( Reboots, OC setting back to 768, nothing helps. Any idea ?

Guest Diljeet

I have a 4gb sd card. How many mbs should i assign for ext and swap partition?

ext it depends on how many apps you use(if you install many apps then you need 512 mb ext or more and if you install basic apps then you can choose 256mb ext4) since card is 4gb you can choose a 256MB ext and swap you can choose 256mb as recommended(or less if you want to try)

if you have trouble partitioning sdcard because recovery formats all the cards contents, you can use Minitool Partition Wizard(application windows), in this software i can resize partitions or create/delete partitions without deleting any data(remember the index of partions should be in this order FAT-EXT-SWAP, if you have confusions then backup your sd data and use twrp or cwm recovery partition wizards)

I never installed a V6 supercharger script, so don't know how to do it(some others may also not know how to do it), so it would be very helpful if you can post the XDA link and also describe in detail how to do it.

I think that LiquidParts app can be unistalled seen that do not work a2sd, swap!! And install Liquid Settings for set the value of touchscreen, sd, battery led, etc..

well for LiquidParts i use it for setting sensitivity and noise, a2sd is not working but swap is working, i suppose the rom needs swap for booting so the option for disabling it is disabled(because we are not allowed to disable it, its always on) and you can set the swapiness values, so i think its useful.

Guest alboz83

well for LiquidParts i use it for setting sensitivity and noise, a2sd is not working but swap is working, i suppose the rom needs swap for booting so the option for disabling it is disabled(because we are not allowed to disable it, its always on) and you can set the swapiness values, so i think its useful.

Aaah maybe we can't disable swap because it's necessary. Another strange thing is that when i wake up the phone (and this have problems sometimes) the screen is as if flashing

Guest Willem van Oort

I have bought the new Acer CloudMobile, will still be around here to submit bugs from my Liquid E...

If anyone wants advise whether or not to buy the CloudMobile, I am able to help you in a week or two;)

Guest Christoforos22

Managed to get it stable by following some posts. Thank you

The only problem is the screen wake up. Sometimes i have to press power button for 5-7 times in order to wake the screen. Please let us know if there is anything we can do or a fix available

Guest FunYeg

CM9 RC1 Testreport for Liquid e (512 MB RAM)Config:

• * CM9 RC1
  • * touchscreen sensitivity to 25/50 (sensitivity/noise)
  • * disabled surface dithering, enabled 16-bit transparancy
  • * Developeroptions/Force GPU rendering disabled
  • * Launcher: Apex
  • * OC setting: 1,03 ghz with enabled custom SVS and set the values to the suggested ones
  • * governor: smartAss2
  • * SD Readahead: 2048
  • * Memory Management: Allow purging of assets & Kernel same page merging enabled
  • * Memory Management: zRam disabled
  • * removed some background apps: DSP Manager, Google Talk

Functiontest:

• * Radio Not really tested, only a few calls. Speech quality was good
    • * camera Working
    • * Wifi Working, stable
    • * Usb Mass Storage Working with Mac OS X
    • * Full HWA/Graphic Neocore benchmark 37 fps
    • * Deep Sleep Working. Cpuspy shows Deep Sleep state
    • * GPS Working
    • * notification led Working
    • * airplane mode Working
    • * Browser performance: Default webbrowser, sunspider benchmark: 3368 ms
    • * Battery drain: Normal, in sleep/airplane mode nearly no battery drain
    • * Boot time: 55s
    • * Stable, no random reboots with 1,03 Ghz oc since 24 hours, one app crash (camera app)

I discovered only one persistent problem: lock screen wakeup. Screen don't appear when the power button is pressed. This happens regularly :-( Reboots, OC setting back to 768, nothing helps. Any idea ?

Are you using the kernel 2.6.29?

Guest alboz83

Yesterday i had a reboot while watching a video on youtube, the system was restarded but after a few second reboot again, restarted and reboot, infinitely. I removed the battery, restarted, and works well again.

I ask a curiosity: the default keyboard is slow and little, which keyboard you used? I have always used Samrt keyboard pro, but with ics don't works, often i can't push letters, numbers etc..