[CM9] Cyanogenmod 9 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest thepasto

Ok well i have ext4 partition already. Do you have a liquid A1? Because i would like to understand my problem of flickering. Maybe depends on the recovery, or touch value, i don't know, it's strange..a few people have this problem

I have the flickering problem too. If someone has solved it, please tell us how.

Guest alboz83

I have the flickering problem too. If someone has solved it, please tell us how.

Nobody understand what is the problem, and not all have this problem. ThePasto send me some test but without success. I'm thinking to try replacing boot.img and modules from cm7.2 ainillia

Guest RomzesRover_R

Nobody understand what is the problem, and not all have this problem. ThePasto send me some test but without success. I'm thinking to try replacing boot.img and modules from cm7.2 ainillia

it's bad idea...

Guest alboz83

it's bad idea...

Mh ok..i think this because i replaced the files in Miui Final v2 from CM7.2 of youpi666 for to work Miui with twrp recovery, and Miui works perfect. But maybe Cm9 and Cm7.2 are too different.

I haven't solved flickering yet but i've reduced it a lot. To reduce it you must activate automatic backlight and go to Settings/Display/Automatic Baclight:

- Enable light sensor filter.

- Put window length at 2s.

- Put sample interval at 0.5s.

- Enable use custom light levels.

- Put screen dim level at 1.

- Allow light decrease and put hysteresis at 90%.

I hope that will work to you as well as it works to me :)

Edited by end222

Guest Diljeet

Hello all, I made a Repak 4pda CM9 RK1 made smooth and decided to give you too to use, works stably and quickly and smoothly, sorry for the awful English language = (

http://4pda.ru/forum...0#entry16585465

Big Thanks Honor for the update, this is what i was looking for.

The update does what it says, super smooth animations.

Other bugs are same as previous update, hope somebody will fix other bugs, but the rom works well and bugs are minute.

Thanks Honor for solving this major issue, i love CM9 now.

5 stars from me

79.gif79.gif79.gif79.gif79.gif

------

For battery backup, the rom has a great battery backup, no drain for me, Deep Sleep works well.

Edited by Diljeet

Guest parvata

Faster, smoother, basically the whole goal was to make a smoother animation, and it's done.

As written with 4pda. ru on A1 also works well =)

Hi Honor32,

Can you tell what you mean by "as written with 4pda.ru"? What is different in the source code really? Would it be possible to include this in cm9 source by default? If it is in the AOSP source we can put it on thepasto's github. Thanks.

Edited by parvata

Guest Honor32

Hi Honor32,

Can you tell what you mean by "as written with 4pda.ru"? What is different in the source code really? Would it be possible to include this in cm9 source by default? If it is in the AOSP source we can put it on thepasto's github. Thanks.

Hi

Replaced several libov from nexus one which give a smooth interface, as well as SustemUI.apk, but for all the smoothness meets libdvm.so

again sory for my English

Guest arttree

thePasto's Liquid Part never work for me on CM9. it can't set a2sd & swap on my A100. Any idea how to fix this? or anyone have a working LiquidPart version to share? Thanks!

Guest arttree

Hi

Replaced several libov from nexus one which give a smooth interface, as well as SustemUI.apk, but for all the smoothness meets libdvm.so

again sory for my English

So do i have to flash only 'repack__CM9_RC1__Honor__4pda.ru.zip'? is it included all the fixes the make liquid works stable and quickly and smoothly? or have to flash 'patch_2_fix_camera and all.zip',' LP_MTP.zip' too?

Guest natostanco

So do i have to flash only 'repack__CM9_RC1__Honor__4pda.ru.zip'? is it included all the fixes the make liquid works stable and quickly and smoothly? or have to flash 'patch_2_fix_camera and all.zip',' LP_MTP.zip' too?

lp_mtp has only the liquidparts app, patch_2 should be included in the repack_

Guest Diljeet

I flashed all three of the files.

1)repack__CM9_RC1__Honor__4pda.ru.zip

2)patch_2_fix_camera and all.zip

3)LP_MTP.zip

I think file 2) is necessary for fixes and file 3) is Liquid Parts app fix which is also useful but not necessary.

thePasto's Liquid Part never work for me on CM9. it can't set a2sd & swap on my A100. Any idea how to fix this? or anyone have a working LiquidPart version to share? Thanks!

you can use Link2Sd instead of A2sd its better and works perfect(i never try to use A2Sd, i always use link2Sd).

Swap is set perfect for the rom by default. If you still want to configure it, search for commands at google for setting swapiness from Terminal Emulator

Edited by Diljeet

Guest alboz83

I flashed all three of the files.

1)repack__CM9_RC1__Honor__4pda.ru.zip

2)patch_2_fix_camera and all.zip

3)LP_MTP.zip

I think file 2) is necessary for fixes and file 3) is Liquid Parts app fix which is also useful but not necessary.

From 4pda forum i I had understood that patch_2_fix_camera and all.zip is for people who don't want to change CM9 RC1.

While LP_MTP.zip fix the app? a2sd and swap works with this patch?

Guest Diljeet

From 4pda forum i I had understood that patch_2_fix_camera and all.zip is for people who don't want to change CM9 RC1.

While LP_MTP.zip fix the app? a2sd and swap works with this patch?

Thanks alboz83 for explaining, i don't know the language at 4pda forum, i tried to translate but it was confusing.

Please explain this too, is the patch"patch_2_fix_camera and all.zip", not necessary for the smooth animations fix(is it only for camera).

Guest alboz83

Thanks alboz83 for explaining, i don't know the language at 4pda forum, i tried to translate but it was confusing.

Please explain this too, is the patch"patch_2_fix_camera and all.zip", not necessary for the smooth animations fix(is it only for camera).

I also don't know the russian language and i tried to translate but I don't understand all. I think that the camera patch is for Cm9 base, in a italian blog say that is useful for it.

Diljeet you have flickering problem in your A1? i don't know what to do for try to resolve...

Guest Diljeet

I also don't know the russian language and i tried to translate but I don't understand all. I think that the camera patch is for Cm9 base, in a italian blog say that is useful for it.

Diljeet you have flickering problem in your A1? i don't know what to do for try to resolve...

Actually, i do have flicker problem sometimes(it really minute), but the flicker is always on the wallpaper or some apps(on bright screens), i can't see it at any other place and its not on every app only few.

I always keep my brightness slightly above the minimum level, so the flicker is not noticeable.

Guest Diljeet

How to know if there isn't a malware in the repacked ROM ?

Thx

Why did you even asked this, LOL. How did you knew that CM9 RC1 and beta versions will not have malware.

Ans: Since the repack released, many people installed the rom including me. So people would have reported if it had any malware(Read all posts after release for confirming problems).

The rom is approximately the same as the RC1 from thePasto, but the repack has smooth animations that's it and that's what makes it special.

Guest parvata

Why did you even asked this, LOL. How did you knew that CM9 RC1 and beta versions will not have malware.

Ans: Since the repack released, many people installed the rom including me. So people would have reported if it had any malware(Read all posts after release for confirming problems).

The rom is approximately the same as the RC1 from thePasto, but the repack has smooth animations that's it and that's what makes it special.

@Diljeet, just for discussion sake if the ROM has malware how would you know for sure that it does not? What if the ROM has a very stealth mode malware? I think once you are off the vendor provided ROM/software you are on your own and in these scenarios you have to be very careful of what you install on the device. And it is up to you and no one else to decide on what you want to do.

A google search revealed this link: http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/17924/how-can-i-detect-malware-and-or-viruses

Guest alboz83

Guys in 4pda forum say about swap in internal memory. I remember old miui rom of phoenix that had 32mb swap file in internal memory. Of course, internal memory is more speed then sdcard, it's possible to do it? Could work?

rere16, why Russian cause you distrust? =\

I just ask. Maybe because I don't know the source of this ROM. Indeed, I don't understand the language, I can't read the topic :)

Edited by rere16

Guest parvata

Guys in 4pda forum say about swap in internal memory. I remember old miui rom of phoenix that had 32mb swap file in internal memory. Of course, internal memory is more speed then sdcard, it's possible to do it? Could work?

It may work but at the cost of wearing out your NAND chip much quicker. Some details: http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/25772/how-can-i-use-my-internal-storage-as-extra-ram