[CM9] Cyanogenmod 9 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest thepasto

Guest Willem van Oort

Hi guys

i've some trouble with my wifi since my dad got a new router for upstairs. Wifi stopped working completely. My phone still sees routers, but when it tries to connect to them the signal goes from full bars to 1 bar, saying its getting the IP adres and then it stops connecting and says it has full bars again...

hopes this makes sense to you guys, on all other devices in the house the new router does work and on my phone no routers work:(

bye!

Guest bcroz

Hi guys

i've some trouble with my wifi since my dad got a new router for upstairs. Wifi stopped working completely. My phone still sees routers, but when it tries to connect to them the signal goes from full bars to 1 bar, saying its getting the IP adres and then it stops connecting and says it has full bars again...

hopes this makes sense to you guys, on all other devices in the house the new router does work and on my phone no routers work:(

bye!

Try resetting your router. I had this problem in the last place I lived at. It would see the network but when I clicked connect it would say "Obtaining IP" and then just not connect. I had to restart the router every day, but it did fix it every time.

I hope this helps!

Guest Darei

For anyone on A1 who wants to go back to an older rom but is not able to flash malez recovery/official bin due the adb not recognizing the phone, follow these simple steps:

• Ensure that Acer Drivers are installed.
  • Switch off your phone
  • Put it in diagnostic mode by pressing VolumeUP + Camera + Power buttons.
  • (You might not see anything on the phone's screen, like in my case. If that does happen, do not worry and just give it a few minutes)
  • Connect your phone to the computer.
  • Run Malez Recovery installer or the Acer Download tool.
  • Your phone should now be recognized.

Hi Rajit, thank you but your turtorial didn't work :-( Any others solution?

When I put Malez into the phone, recovery mode was not load. Just blink the screen and reboot to OS mode :-(

Guest Willem van Oort

Try resetting your router. I had this problem in the last place I lived at. It would see the network but when I clicked connect it would say "Obtaining IP" and then just not connect. I had to restart the router every day, but it did fix it every time.

I hope this helps!

Nope didn't work:( But it's very strange 'cause first i thought the problem was that the security changed from WEP to WPA2 PSK but when that was changed back, it still didn't work.... i might reflash and reinstall everything from titanium backup, or is that not going to work?

Guest Ma7moud

Nope didn't work:( But it's very strange 'cause first i thought the problem was that the security changed from WEP to WPA2 PSK but when that was changed back, it still didn't work.... i might reflash and reinstall everything from titanium backup, or is that not going to work?

if you use titanium backup then don't restore system settings and wifi passwords

Guest Willem van Oort

if you use titanium backup then don't restore system settings and wifi passwords

what can be wrong with those? or i'm i making a fool of myself now?:P

Guest Ma7moud

what can be wrong with those? or i'm i making a fool of myself now?:P

if you backed them up from another rom they will screw things up for you

example :

backup from liquid next then restore on CM9 = bugs

backup from CM9 then restore on CM9 = ok

but since you already have problems then try not restoring those settings and see if the problem is solved

Guest lidoliberta

Hi Rajit, thank you but your turtorial didn't work :-( Any others solution?

When I put Malez into the phone, recovery mode was not load. Just blink the screen and reboot to OS mode :-(

hi

after more time i've found a solution....if you have perfectly installed the drivers,you go in dekstop and press the right button on the computer icon(on the win7) and press poprierties and after press managing devices(gestione dispositivi in italian) and go on your phon for updates drivers.........good luck

Guest akira.pwr

Can I know how to enable swap and/or do all things to have my 256Mb Liquid working good?

@benito91: seems to be more fast than previous release, expecially when you open app drawer :)

Edited by akira.pwr

Guest FeareX

Beta2 is out check first post :)

Thanks, this is great! I see we now have full HW acceleration? So webpages render quicker than in the previous beta? :D

Downloading right now!

Guest L0cu7us

Can I know how to enable swap and/or do all things to have my 256Mb Liquid working good?

@benito91: seems to be more fast than previous release, expecially when you open app drawer :)

how about battery guys ?

for me beta1 was a battery hog, 8/10h on idle...

Thanks the_pasto for your work !

Guest rocky58

I tried the new ROM version without success. This is the error message:

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

Installing update...

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "salsa" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "salsa" E:Error in /sdcard/update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-Liquid-WAG-Team-salsa-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

Please help me, thepasto

Rocco

Guest akira.pwr

Installing update...

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "salsa" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "salsa" E:Error in /sdcard/update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-Liquid-WAG-Team-salsa-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

Please help me, thepasto

Rocco

+1 I have the same issue in new installation, in upgrade i think I've installed it and after a good speed in the beginning, it slow down deadly.

Guest rocky58

+1 I have the same issue in new installation, in upgrade i think I've installed it and after a good speed in the beginning, it slow down deadly.

I have the same error both in upgrade and in new installation....

I'm not alone, I see...

Edited by rocky58

Guest thepasto

Installing update...

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

Please help me, thepasto

Rocco

Oh yeah.. I forgot to say...

Boot your current rom. Edit your /system/build.prop file changing line with root explorer :

ro.build.product=liquid
to
ro.build.product=salsa

save and reboot in recovery. It should work now

Edited by thepasto