[CM9] Cyanogenmod 9 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest thepasto

Guest thepasto

Hi guys (my first post here ),

I updated to last beta4 but I cannot mount swap from liquidparts... it goes "on" but if I go out and enter again liquidparts, swap is again "off"...

what should I do? the phone has so little ram that freezes too often with no swap.

Thanks in advance

d

ps: I already tried "fixing permissions" and repartitioning the sd... nothing helped.

Seems strange.. But investigating :P thanks for report

great work thepasto!

i've only one report: during the installation with goomanager it give me a random offset: 0x28a... i think there is a problem with permissions... however the rom works perfectly

Don't care about that, it's only bckp script it tries to save something system reserved.. no problem there :P

Edited by thepasto

Guest kevincela

I have a question to do. Can I flash the other CWM roms (such as Cyanogen 7.2 and MIUIv4) with TWRP recovery? Thanks for the answers! ^^

Maybe i need to update liquidparts. Not so much time to do that now.

To avoid this problem, you can open terminal emulator and type:

su

a2sd formatext

when it asks for reboot say n (no) and then type

echo x > /sd-ext/.ext4

reboot

open LiquidParts and you should be able to set a2sd options

Don't work for me

Guest Dmitriy K.

for me isn't so.. rom is pretty fast with my liquid E.. Quandrant app is changed to support multicore device so it's normal older devices get lower score

Antutu bench reports about 2700 points so better than gb roms.. And btw quadrant for me has more than 1000 points

In first post you can read about problem with codecs so for now we can only wait for a venc/vdec fix

Thanks!

You install this ROM over 4.002.14 or 4.008.08?

Or it does not matter?

Edited by Dmitriy K.

Guest Ellenico

Thx Thepasto for beta4.

But, sorry for my bad english:

-USB Storage on CM9 beta4 dont work (beta3 work).

-USB Storage on NEW Touch Recovery dont work.

-SWAP on LiquidParts dont work.

-A2SD on LiquidParts dont work.

Note: For Liquid A1, freeze and reboot.

Guest huba247

Thx Thepasto for beta4.

But, sorry for my bad english:

-USB Storage on CM9 beta4 dont work (beta3 work).

-USB Storage on NEW Touch Recovery dont work.

-SWAP on LiquidParts dont work.

-A2SD on LiquidParts dont work.

Note: For Liquid A1, freeze and reboot.

Same ! :(

for me work

usb storage

a2sd now work whit droidsail App2SD (ROOT)

my liquid have same reboot but it's acceptable

I will try to stress the rom and capture same logcat if is possible

Guest youpi666

we use the same touch recovery for the two CM and usb mount work great.

For those who have problem try to re install it again just to see :)

Guest rjscosta

Beta 4:

All points to the A2SD problem being on the Liquid Parts app. A2SD on the terminal works.

A2SD workaround:

- Open Terminal Emulator

- Type su (to get root privileges) [Enter]

- Type a2sd [Enter]

- Type y [Enter] to enable te required options (A2SD, AppData to SD, Dalvik Chache to SD)

Here's my found bug list:

- Missing "Local Phone Storage" contacts account (present on CM 7.2)

- When charging with AC chargers which on stock ROM or CM7 previously reported "Charging (AC)" now report "Charging (USB)".

I've not measured the current the phone draws (1A or 500 mA) to assess if it is just a reporting problem and the phone still charges as 1 A on the AC charger, of if it is a battery subsystem driver and the phone really is charging at 500 mA from the AC charger.

The phone detects if it is on a fast AC charger the data pins are short circuited, so it can also be an USB driver problem.

- Mass Storage doesn't work on Windows 7 x64 at least [Android Sytem and TWRP]. No USB device gets detected/enumerated on Device Manager, or its detected with the yellow problem sign. This, in conjunction with the charging problem makes me suspect of USB driver problem.

- On WiFi Advanced settings, missing "Regulatory Domain" option, which was present on CM7. [Options to chose channels 1-11 (USA), 1-13 (Europe) or 1-14 (Japan)]

- Does not refresh WiFi networks list until wifi is switched off and on, or the phone rebooted. Pushing the Search button does nothing.

- After entering SIM Pin, the phone asks for "SIM Network Unlock PIN", but the phone is unlocked. After pressing "Ignore", everything works fine.

- Selecting an Equalizer Preset on DSP Manger for the Headphones while playing music reboots the android shell (soft reboot with the CM9 animation). When not playing any sound it can be selected.

- Testing Notification LED (while doing the steps of post #2) reboots the Android Shell

I also miss an option that was available on other Liquid Parts apps: Turn Off the Blinking Charing LED. It doesn't let me sleep glowing on my room at night. I have to cover my phone.

Edited by rjscosta

Guest rjscosta

for USB storage uninstall acer drivers then install them again, worked for me

The point with the USB Mass Storage mode is not requiring any drivers (like a true USB flash disk), to allow you to connect your phone to any computer without having to carry drivers on another disk or download them. It also allows you to connect it to devices on which you cannot install any drivers such as USB Disk Music Players, Car Radios, TV's with USB port for playing movies, music and pictures, etc...

Guest renzs

Nice work the pasto!

Facing a problem. Using same settings as b3, but my phone now has random freezes and reboots on b4 previously not occur in b3. Tried wipe all and reflash twice. Will try again soon and get logcat, maybe coming weekend after work

Btw. Loving the new recovery!

Guest Ma7moud

Nice work the pasto!

Facing a problem. Using same settings as b3, but my phone now has random freezes and reboots on b4 previously not occur in b3. Tried wipe all and reflash twice. Will try again soon and get logcat, maybe coming weekend after work

Btw. Loving the new recovery!

same problem here but on an A1, and the number of freezes increased so much after enabling swap, don't know if this is useful to the devs

i tried the rom for a few hours, enabled swap and app2sd and dalvik cache to sd, data on internal memory

my phone froze every time there was stress on the processor or ram, like after boot, or after installing an app, or if there is too many apps in the background and i try to open the app drawer

but its great work and love the new boot animation and recovery :D

Guest boris2005

I got SIM Unlock PIN request after I flash the beta4 ROM

But my LiquidE is not SIM Locked.

After a reboot it seems fixed.

Is this a bug?

Guest titus95

I have the problem at every reboot since the Beta 1, I did with ... it is sufficient to cancel and everything is working properly.

Guest Dima KN

for USB storage uninstall acer drivers then install them again, worked for me

Hi. Did you mean drivers for ICS(from link on first page) or old one drivers?