[CM9] Cyanogenmod 9 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest thepasto

Guest parvata

Internal Memory for the ROM!

I've talked with Thepasto, he told me that i've to modificate the kernel and i can't do this, sorry guys...

May I know what you want to achieve from repartitioning the internal memory? If you want to repartition the size of kernel, system, userdata images you can set these in one of the salsa device's board config file. Here are what they are:

BoardConfig.mk:BOARD_BOOTIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x00500000

BoardConfig.mk:BOARD_RECOVERYIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x00500000

BoardConfig.mk:#BOARD_SYSTEMIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x0c800000

BoardConfig.mk:BOARD_SYSTEMIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x0cf00000

BoardConfig.mk:BOARD_USERDATAIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x0c800000

BoardConfig.mk:#BOARD_HAS_NO_MISC_PARTITION := true

Guest ccorasaaa

May I know what you want to achieve from repartitioning the internal memory? If you want to repartition the size of kernel, system, userdata images you can set these in one of the salsa device's board config file. Here are what they are:

BoardConfig.mk:BOARD_BOOTIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x00500000

BoardConfig.mk:BOARD_RECOVERYIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x00500000

BoardConfig.mk:#BOARD_SYSTEMIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x0c800000

BoardConfig.mk:BOARD_SYSTEMIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x0cf00000

BoardConfig.mk:BOARD_USERDATAIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x0c800000

BoardConfig.mk:#BOARD_HAS_NO_MISC_PARTITION := true

I want resize System (250mb), Cache(10mb) and Userdata. Can u say me how do it?

Have u a G+ or twitter account?

Edited by ccorasaaa

Guest parvata

I want resize System (250mb), Cache(10mb) and Userdata. Can u say me how do it?

Have u a G+ or twitter account?

Upon further digging I found that these are defined in ./kernel/acer/salsa/arch/arm/mach-msm/nand_partitions.c file. take a look at that file. Although I have not tried it. When you change the values in the BoardConfig.mk file ensure that those corresponding values are reflected in this nand_partitions.c file. Be careful not to brick your device. But I guess as long as your recovery bootloader is intact you should be fine.

I am not sure how much I can help you but I am also in the learning phase as I read this forum. So, don't take me as a really experienced guy. Good luck.

Guest ccorasaaa

Upon further digging I found that these are defined in ./kernel/acer/salsa/arch/arm/mach-msm/nand_partitions.c file. take a look at that file. Although I have not tried it. When you change the values in the BoardConfig.mk file ensure that those corresponding values are reflected in this nand_partitions.c file. Be careful not to brick your device. But I guess as long as your recovery bootloader is intact you should be fine.

I am not sure how much I can help you but I am also in the learning phase as I read this forum. So, don't take me as a really experienced guy. Good luck.

I've opened a thread, see in the home.

Guest Diljeet

Hi,

I have more and more shutdown with the ROM of ThePasto. Any idea ?

Thx

Check in memory management, is KSM same page merging enabled? I enabled it and had many reboots FCs and crazy flicker. Check it once and disable it if its enabled.

Guest alboz83

I read in 4pda forum (if I have translated well) this:

"Yes, the usual applications open a little long and a little place (but this can be fixed creating xdata)".

Where is xdata? There is in LiquidParts but i don't know what is.

Guest Diljeet

Thanks for you reply. The KSM is not enabled. But I just have the dithering which is enabled.

dithering - i don't think this will create any reboots or freezes.

Check if swap is enabled type "free" in terminal emulator

Check free Ram from running services tab in Settings-Apps.

Guest Diljeet

I read in 4pda forum (if I have translated well) this:

"Yes, the usual applications open a little long and a little place (but this can be fixed creating xdata)".

Where is xdata? There is in LiquidParts but i don't know what is.

Please report back if xData or performance increase works, i will try enabling xdata later, this may erase sd-ext.

dithering - i don't think this will create any reboots or freezes.

Check if swap is enabled type "free" in terminal emulator

Check free Ram from running services tab in Settings-Apps.

Hi,

Swap is disabled and I have 223 Mo free RAM.

Thx

Guest Diljeet

Hi,

Swap is disabled and I have 223 Mo free RAM.

Thx

O sorry i didn't notice you have a Liquid E, swap is not needed on your device, you don't have RAM problem, but i don't know why you are having freezes and reboots(those were common on Liquid A1 not E).

Sorry can't help more, nobody had reboots problem on Liquid E.

You can try a fresh install, with full wipe, i have a Liquid A1 with 60 max-22 min Ram free and still i never had reboots.

Guest Reapman

Just wanted to say thanks for this ROM, even tho it looks like development has (just recently) ceased. I moved on from the Acer Liquid E about a year ago, but when my GF's phone died I gave her mine with the intent of getting a nexus 4 - that didn't go so well yet :D So now I'm back to the Acer for now.. which I was heavily dreading at first. But after reading these surprisingly active forums, and giving this ROM a chance, I must say I actually enjoy using the Acer again. I've never had a 4.x ROM on a phone before, and although it's not perfect, for what I need this ROM is excellent.

Thanks for making my return to the Acer an enjoyable experience.

Guest chamma88

hi guys the phone does`t really go to sleep. the light only goes off but lcd remains on. thats why its draining so much power. get a flash light or led light and direct it on the screen u will see the lock ring and the clock digits

Guest chamma88

i cant enable a2sd in liquid parts i hav formated the sc-ext it asked for a reboot it did it then again on a2sd tab i swlwcted a2sd and again it required reboot which i did after reboot it is again unselected/off/ a2sd does`t go enable. i tried it several time but no success

i m using A1.

help me plz.

Guest alboz83

Guys, i think that the developments of our liquid is dead. For me we'll not have more updates (for example one CM10 rom).

It's time to change smartphone or to stabilize with LiquidNext 1.9.2, CM7.2 v2 or Miui Final v2 (for me the better roms).

Guest Master_T

I tend to agree, but who knows...

But in any case it's been a great ride! Hard to believe my A1 shipped with Android 1.6 Donut... we've come far indeed from those humble origins, and all thanks to the many great devs who worked on this device. You're legends guys!

Edited by Master_T

Guest alboz83

But in any case it's been a great ride! Hard to believe my A1 shipped with Android 1.6 Donut... we've come far indeed from those humble origins, and all thanks to the many great devs who worked on this device. You're legends guys!

Oh yes, you're right..

Liquid with ice cream sandwich is a great achievement, and many thanks to all devs.

But who knows in a unexpected news!!

Long life to Liquid :)

Guest Diljeet

Oh yes, you're right..

Liquid with ice cream sandwich is a great achievement, and many thanks to all devs.

You guys are right, ICS on our Liquid is amazing Jelly Bean is no different than ICS, so we actually don't need much development.

Our Liquid is a warrior which is still fighting and can be compared to many Brilliant devices.

And the developers on Liquid are magicians which made all these miracles to happen.(They are GREAT)

The development on Liquid is slow, but it will have more in future.

I Love :wub: my Liquid

Guest ccorasaaa

Guys, i think that the developments of our liquid is dead. For me we'll not have more updates (for example one CM10 rom).

It's time to change smartphone or to stabilize with LiquidNext 1.9.2, CM7.2 v2 or Miui Final v2 (for me the better roms).

Oh yes, you're right..

You guys are right, ICS on our Liquid is amazing Jelly Bean is no different than ICS, so we actually don't need much development.

Our Liquid is a warrior which is still fighting and can be compared to many Brilliant devices.

And the developers on Liquid are magicians which made all these miracles to happen.(They are GREAT)

The development on Liquid is slow, but it will have more in future.

I Love :wub: my Liquid

I've talked with Honor (russian boy), hope is the last to die!