[ROM] Styx (CM6; updated 2012 05 25)

Guest twrock

Guest Dante2070

I flashed Pier's latest boot.img from the um840 rom. Rebooted without any problem. I will add that to the next update, but for now, you can do what I did.

Thanks!

Edited by Dante2070

Guest twrock

2012 04 07 new version released. See first post for link and second post for full changelog.

Basically, this version adds a newer kernel/boot.img with support for ipv6 and ext3/4.

Hold on; something is wrong.

Edited by twrock

Guest twrock

Ok, let's try again......:blush:

Sorry about that, but it was one of those times when adding to an already installed rom did not work the same as installing it fresh. I was overconfident and uploaded it too soon without thoroughly checking things out first. So I hope this one works, but I will wait this time for some verification before adding it to the first post.

Please let me know if ipv6 support is working with this latest build. If that is working, I believe this is a good build and is ready for general use.

Thanks.

Styx-620-20120407b.zip (full rom)

Also, if you prefer, you can try just flashing the boot.img over your previous version: Styx.32bootimg20120407b.zip

Edited by twrock

Guest twrock

There might be hope for the missing sound when answering a call (aka the "Hello Hello bug"). Seems this is the bug in CM7 and is being worked on. Some people seem to have found solutions (see links below).

So why do we have this bug in CM6? Well, IIRC some of our audio files are being borrowed from CM7. If those were the cause of the bug, we would have it too. So I think we need to review which CM7 audio files are being used. Specifically, the attempted fixes so far are all for libaudio.so. Is anyone having this problem with Pier's CM7 port?

Maybe the solution will be as simple as reverting to slightly older CM7.0 files? (I'm just throwing out ideas.)

I attempted to install the three different libaudio.so files linked in the bug report below, but the phone would not boot.

Help anyone?

Links:

http://code.google.c...681#makechanges

https://github.com/C...c0d98e7e2ff9ef9

(maybe related?) http://code.google.c...tars%20Priority

Edited by twrock

Guest ricom2ger

2012 04 07b works, but I see that the phone looses too often signal, 3-4 bars and suddenly it drops and the next second its back, with 2.1 I don't see this happening at same place

Guest spikeh

The Simplified Chinese bug (and possibly Trad/Korean) in this ROM whereby certain characters aren't displayed is fixable. smhui correctly pointed out in the CM 7.2 thread that the DroidSansFallback.ttf font is missing in this ROM, which provides CJK support.

There is an easy fix. Download or rip DroidSansFallback.ttf from a different ROM. Go into terminal on the phone and switch to superuser. Type the following:

mount -o remount,rw /system

cp /path/to/DroidSansFallback.ttf /system/fonts/

Then reboot. Busybox is assumed for the cp command.

Please do a full Nandroid backup before you do this incase you mess up something or the phone gets stuck in a bootloop.

twrock, perhaps you can make include the DroidSansFallback.ttf font is in your install zip for the next update.

Guest twrock

The Simplified Chinese bug (and possibly Trad/Korean) in this ROM whereby certain characters aren't displayed is fixable. smhui correctly pointed out in the CM 7.2 thread that the DroidSansFallback.ttf font is missing in this ROM, which provides CJK support.

There is an easy fix. Download or rip DroidSansFallback.ttf from a different ROM. Go into terminal on the phone and switch to superuser. Type the following:

mount -o remount,rw /system

cp /path/to/DroidSansFallback.ttf /system/fonts/

Then reboot. Busybox is assumed for the cp command.

Please do a full Nandroid backup before you do this incase you mess up something or the phone gets stuck in a bootloop.

twrock, perhaps you can make include the DroidSansFallback.ttf font is in your install zip for the next update.

Good thought, but DroidSansFallback.ttf is already present in this rom. Have a look and you will see it is there with all the other font files. If it were not, then Traditional Chinese would not display correctly. But Traditional Chinese has no problem.

Yes, it was missing from the CM7 build that Pier made, and that rom was easily fixed by adding it. The problem in this rom is not an issue of improper display when selecting Simplified Chinese, it is a more complicated issue than that.

Other ideas?

Guest spikeh

Sorry, I incorrectly assumed that the cause of the problem is the same in both this ROM and the CM 7.2 ROM.

I just upgraded from an ancient version of your CM 6.1 mod to 7.2 now that the WiFi bug has been resolved. I will look into this problem.

Guest twrock

Sorry, I incorrectly assumed that the cause of the problem is the same in both this ROM and the CM 7.2 ROM.

I just upgraded from an ancient version of your CM 6.1 mod to 7.2 now that the WiFi bug has been resolved. I will look into this problem.

That would be great. I can't think of anything to do to resolve this problem.

The problem was first reported here: http://android.modac...ost__p__1913902

The second page has a few more posts about it, but basically you can duplicate the problem by following the steps andylau1988 suggests. You will see the problem.

Does the camera/videorecorder work fine in your install of CM7.2? I'd like the option of installing that rom, but the camera is very unstable for me. More often it crashes/hangs than works correctly.

Edited by twrock

Guest twrock

So you won't update the .29 kernel anymore (just wondering)?

I suppose if there was serious interest, I would. Otherwise I don't want to waste my time.

But since I'm not using it myself, it becomes more difficult to support.

That rom is still available for download in the list of previous versions in the second post. Maybe I should mention that in the first post.

I suppose if there was serious interest, I would. Otherwise I don't want to waste my time.

But since I'm not using it myself, it becomes more difficult to support.

That rom is still available for download in the list of previous versions in the second post. Maybe I should mention that in the first post.

How can I be so unfortunate. I started using this rom since the wifi is stable, the battery life (with wifi always on and mobile data always on + sync) lasting 2 days and now you tell me if there was interest. Oh well, I guess I'll just use ur rom as a base and upgrate it from time to time.

It was choosing between this one and my old cm6 I was using (but didn't want it because of camera drivers and rotation).

Tnx for initial settings anyway. :)

Just wondering what is the clockspeed on installed kernel? Is it the "fixed txg kernel with 614MHz" or the original one with 528MHz?

edit: another question, does the last version suffer from the market issue as well?

Edited by D-D-

Guest twrock

How can I be so unfortunate. I started using this rom since the wifi is stable, the battery life (with wifi always on and mobile data always on + sync) lasting 2 days and now you tell me if there was interest. Oh well, I guess I'll just use ur rom as a base and upgrate it from time to time.

It was choosing between this one and my old cm6 I was using (but didn't want it because of camera drivers and rotation).

Tnx for initial settings anyway. :)

Just wondering what is the clockspeed on installed kernel? Is it the "fixed txg kernel with 614MHz" or the original one with 528MHz?

edit: another question, does the last version suffer from the market issue as well?

For me with the latest version of Styx-620, the wifi is stable, the battery life is really good, and there is no problem with the Market. It seems it would satisfy all your requirements. I'm curious why you prefer the .29 kernel version.

If you look through the changelog in the second post, you will see the changes since the .29 kernel version up to now. There really is not much to update to bring it up to the current .32 kernel version. Other than updating apps each time I put out a new release, the major fixes are the inclusion of the MAC address bug fix and the single touch screen change. Both are documented in the thread and are not difficult to modify (add one file, overwrite on file, delete one file; three changes only).

After considering the latest .32 kernel version, if you are certain you still want to continue using the .29 kernel version, let me know if you need me to make those changes for you and post the update.

... I'm curious why you prefer the .29 kernel version...

After considering the latest .32 kernel version, if you are certain you still want to continue using the .29 kernel version, let me know if you need me to make those changes for you and post the update.

I'm using it cause I have some apps that aren't quite compatible with the newer kernel and wifi (there are some errors that come up). Even if I rarely use them I like the fact that (as I already mentioned) have the wifi turned on all day and the battery lasts for 2 days. I don't know why it lasts more on the .29 kernel (even if the tests showed that it should last less than .32 it just works for me).

And don't worry, I already made the required changes for the rom to work as I want it to. :)

Tnx a lot.

PS I usually go back and forward with the android versions (from 2.1 to 2.3) and it depends on my mood actually.

Guest twrock

PS I usually go back and forward with the android versions (from 2.1 to 2.3) and it depends on my mood actually.

I've been doing that too, but I'm really trying just to settle on one. So far the closest to "perfect" for me has been this CM6 rom. I'd still like to solve the periodic "no voice sound on incoming call" bug, but at least there is something to do about it easily the moment it happens.

Incidentally, I'm doing some testing on that issue, but I'm not getting enough phone calls to know if it matters at all. What I've done is to turn off Settings/CyanogenMod settings/Sound settings/Notification focus. I'm just trying to think through all the possible actions the rom takes when a call comes in that are related to sound and trying to switch those one at a time to see what happens. If anyone else has already had experience with this not helping, please let me know. I've had it set this way for three days, and so far so good. But I have received far too few calls to know if it really makes any difference.

At least from all my searching on the issue, I know it is not just this rom that has that bug, and I know that not all phones with the same rom base experience that bug.

Guest dejavu-8

Hello! Flashing just wonderful, thank you for your work. Unfortunately found a nasty bug. When the wifi, network mode 2g. When you unlock the screen just disappears mobile network in 2-3 seconds.

Edited by dejavu-8

Guest twrock

Hello! Flashing just wonderful, thank you for your work. Unfortunately found a nasty bug. When the wifi, network mode 2g. When you unlock the screen just disappears mobile network in 2-3 seconds.

So far, I've been unable to duplicate this bug. I almost always have my phone on 2G. I almost always have mobile data disabled. I use wifi for my data connection.

Guest desalesouche

@TWROCK

hi.you can boot styx with cm7.2 boot image with governors from destructor (kernell 32 topic)

but wifi is broken( unable to scan for networks). and the governors canno't be seen cos in cm settings there is no cpu settings. may be you can add cpu settings in styx...

will try to boot cm6 with second boot image from destructor...ps

styx is very very fast with first boot image from destructor (like um840 rom with new boot image with kernel 32 from pier11)

edit:same with second boot image :huh: so if wifi scan can be fixed and you can add cpu settings in cm settings will give it a new try :)

edit2:i can see with cpu cruise control that the governors are there(interactive/interactiveX/smartassV2):) but as i don't have the pro version canno't set this at boot.

can you add cpu and governors settings in styx?:rolleyes:

Edited by desalesouche

Guest twrock

@TWROCK

hi.you can boot styx with cm7.2 boot image with governors from destructor (kernell 32 topic)

but wifi is broken( unable to scan for networks). and the governors canno't be seen cos in cm settings there is no cpu settings. may be you can add cpu settings in styx...

will try to boot cm6 with second boot image from destructor...ps

styx is very very fast with first boot image from destructor (like um840 rom with new boot image with kernel 32 from pier11)

edit:same with second boot image :huh: so if wifi scan can be fixed and you can add cpu settings in cm settings will give it a new try :)

edit2:i can see with cpu cruise control that the governors are there(interactive/interactiveX/smartassV2):) but as i don't have the pro version canno't set this at boot.

can you add cpu and governors settings in styx?:rolleyes:

My initial response is to say I don't have time to work on this for a few more days. There is a lot I don't understand about kernel tweaking. At the moment, I am only capable of messing around with stuff in the ramdisk. I have no idea what it takes to modify or build a kernel. I also don't know how to change the settings options in Styx.

I'll try to come back to this later, but any work you can do on it is appreciated.

Guest desalesouche

desalesouche: wifi and nofrills works fine with this boot.img

hi ...is it a new one special for styx? which I/O scheduler do you use with no frills cpu?:)

edit: tried styx with the 3 boot image you have done...each time wifi is not working for me on cm6 styx from twrock....i tell you the way i have been doing=i replace your boot image in styx zip and i boot... (it works for me that way with cm7.2 and your 2 first boot image with governors and everything were fine)...

edit with last boot image wifi can scan but canno't connect to :mellow:

Edited by desalesouche

Guest destruct0r

Yes, it is special for Styx ROM. I am using cfq io scheduler. 

For success boot in different roms i am repack boot.img. 

For wifi - try to use static ip address config