Confuse to Use ICS ROMS?

Guest gunapriyan

Guest gunapriyan

Dear Friends,

First, I have installed "Cold Fusion". Look very nice but Camera and GMAIL is not working.

So i have switched to MIUI v.4.2.24. Its also nice ROM but some bugs there. I hope that It may fixed as soon as possible.

I shall be happy if you suggest me which ICS ROM is running as pacca for daily drive.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Guna

Guest Davidoff59

All ics roms for the Blade are in developement. Some things may never fully work but we are lucky yo have got this far.

Gmail should work on Ics.

Camera does work but it doesn't show you the picture on the screen live, so you are shooting blind but it does take pics.

Edited by Davidoff59

Guest gunapriyan

Dear Friends,

Thanks for your nice replies.

Swedish Snow - Is it ICS ROM? (Because boss, Now i am a slave for ICS.....What a Look, Font....Everything Pacca...Thats why......)

I am waiting for your nice reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Guna

Go with Swedish Snow - its stable and works :)

Guest rwalton159

Dear Friends,

Swedish Snow - Is it ICS ROM? (Because boss, Now i am a slave for ICS.....What a Look, Font....Everything Pacca...Thats why......)

Thanks & Regards,

Guna

Sorry its not ICS but it works as a superb daily rom. If I was you I'd wait a while until there's a stable ICS rom.

Just keep following this site

Guest gunapriyan

Dear Friend,

Thanks for your nice reply.

As per your direction, I am going to Install Swedish ROM.

I am waiting for the Stable ICS ROM.

Thanks & Regards,

Guna

Sorry its not ICS but it works as a superb daily rom. If I was you I'd wait a while until there's a stable ICS rom.

Just keep following this site

Guest brookergray

Dear Friend,

Thanks for your nice reply.

As per your direction, I am going to Install Swedish ROM.

I am waiting for the Stable ICS ROM.

Thanks & Regards,

Guna

Dude you're not writing a letter for the queen. There's absolutely no need to be this formal on a forum.

Guest rwalton159

Dude you're not writing a letter for the queen. There's absolutely no need to be this formal on a forum.

There's nothing wrong in being polite. It's also good to read such appreciative comments.

Guest saransh9

Also wording is generally different when English is not their first language.

English isn't my first language but I don't think I type something different from others anyway it seems he is using Hindi in between"pacca"it's a Hindi word used to confirm something like is this pacca

Guest brookergray

There's nothing wrong in being polite. It's also good to read such appreciative comments.

There's a big difference between being polite because you feel that it's appropriate for the situation (formal complaints, job application writing to the queen) and not being able to write any other way.

Also wording is generally different when English is not their first language.

English isn't my first language either.

Guest eirlysbill1

hey y'all this guy is trying, but he just doesn't know the ropes. Not long ago (month or two) he made a post asking for someone to email him when the next rom update was coming out. He even added his personal email to the post, so that everyone and his mom could see. You know, pretty much opening the door to a wave of spam.

He created a bit of stir then. He is over formal, but that's his way, and he is trying learn. He seems a good man, as he did give a genuine apology, once people on here beat him down for expecting a personal update.

Honestly, I think all this is down to the growing pains, so to speak, that is bound to happen as 3rd world countries begin to grasp the technology that we've had for years.

Guest saransh9

Honestly, I think all this is down to the growing pains, so to speak, that is bound to happen as 3rd world countries begin to grasp the technology that we've had for years.

There are many guys from many so called developed countries who don't know how to boot into recovery I think everyone started as he is just he have his email and that was his mistake

Guest brookergray

hey y'all this guy is trying, but he just doesn't know the ropes. Not long ago (month or two) he made a post asking for someone to email him when the next rom update was coming out. He even added his personal email to the post, so that everyone and his mom could see. You know, pretty much opening the door to a wave of spam.

He created a bit of stir then. He is over formal, but that's his way, and he is trying learn. He seems a good man, as he did give a genuine apology, once people on here beat him down for expecting a personal update.

Why is publishing his email such a big deal? I always laugh when people write theirs as "at", "dot". You can write a regex that turns this into a normal address in a minute. Personally even though my email is publicly available in plaintext I barely receive spam that I haven't signed up for.

I know he is trying that's why I gave him advice to write informally.

well I prefer the OP's style to the SMS-speak that some use in their attempts to communicate

It's only SMS-speak if it's written in a text message. Here I call it "douchebagspeak".It always makes me giggle. :D

Guest eirlysbill1

There are many guys from many so called developed countries who don't know how to boot into recovery I think everyone started as he is just he have his email and that was his mistake

sorry, if that sounded like a sweeping generalisation. I didn't write it with that in mind.

Guest gunapriyan

Dear Friends,

I wish to share something with you.

First, Its a Community Forum. So what? I wish to write something in formal. It's my style.

I don't know why my formals are disturbed you.

Second, All our friends are deviated from my question.

I humble request you all, please reply and give suggestion which is related to questions.

It may help to enrich ourself in Blade Society.

Thanks & Regards,

Guna

Guest jonmac73

Dear Friends,

Thanks & Regards,

Guna

Another vote for Swedish Snow here - I've tried most roms over past year and think it is the best so far. Developer seems cool guy and been around on forums for long time so hopefully will keep supporting and developing it.

I'm using 4b with:

HOLO ICS theme that you can find in the Themes section (keep watching for version 5 compatible)

HOLO ICS theme for SS 4b

Colouring blade mod

Coloring our blade

An for full ICS look 360 launcher & lockscreen from XDA forums & EXDialler.

Hope this helps get you near-ICS look.

Guest gunapriyan

Dear Mr.Jonmac,

Good Morning.

As per your direction, I have installed HOLO Theme and applied Coloring....

Nice looking now. Thanks lot.

Anyway i hope all are waiting for Stable ICS ROM....

Regards,

Guna

Another vote for Swedish Snow here - I've tried most roms over past year and think it is the best so far. Developer seems cool guy and been around on forums for long time so hopefully will keep supporting and developing it.

I'm using 4b with:

HOLO ICS theme that you can find in the Themes section (keep watching for version 5 compatible)

HOLO ICS theme for SS 4b

Colouring blade mod

Coloring our blade

An for full ICS look 360 launcher & lockscreen from XDA forums & EXDialler.

Hope this helps get you near-ICS look.

Guest eirlysbill1

Dear Mr.Jonmac,

Good Morning.

As per your direction, I have installed HOLO Theme and applied Coloring....

Nice looking now. Thanks lot.

Anyway i hope all are waiting for Stable ICS ROM....

Regards,

Guna

@Gunapriyan

I think you are on to a good one there Guna. That's what I use, as well. KonstaT's roms are always good, and he really supports them. Its hard to say when the ICS roms will be as stable and usable for the average person as the Gingerbread roms are now. But that day is coming. These guys, know what they are doing and they will get there in the end.

The best thing you can do is to keep watching the threads that have been started by dev's who are working on ICS roms. There is a button named "watch topic" at the top of each thread (that only shows when you are logged in) I have never used it, but I can only guess that it gives you a notification whenever there is a new post (but I'm not completely sure of that). The ICS threads that I keep checking all the time are: the two that tilal6991 has started: Cold Fusion and MIUI Blader.

And if, KonstaT decides to start an ICS rom, I will be watching that one for sure.

All the best,

Bill

• 1 month later...
Guest gourav35

Try AOKP rom, its smoother and Ive been using it since last 7 days and have'nt found any problem.... moreover you have more customization than cm9...

Guest roxaddy

Guna

Bro you should try ColdfusionX. I've been using this one and have also tried other ICS ROMS for blade. This offers more stability and camera works fine with this one.

Also its not a Gingerbread ROM with ICS theme. Its purely ICS for blade (Dell XCD) ROM.

Cheers :)

Guest probals

The patronizing tone is uncalled for, mate. Appreciate your clarification.

AFAIK, Indian users (XCD35, Idea Blade) now are among the biggest members of this community. This probably means that their phones (and ergo this community) will go on for a long long time. Hopefully, till Jellynbean :P

P

• 2 months later...
Guest jishneo

The patronizing tone is uncalled for, mate. Appreciate your clarification.

AFAIK, Indian users (XCD35, Idea Blade) now are among the biggest members of this community. This probably means that their phones (and ergo this community) will go on for a long long time. Hopefully, till Jellynbean :P

P

BTW. The Coldfusion Dev Tilal is an Indian too :) Respect! :rolleyes: