New SD Card and App2SD

Guest Android-Fan

Guest Android-Fan

I have installed Swedish Snow RLS5 (Android 2.3.5) today - before I had the Orange stock ROM

I wish to upgrade the 2GB SD card to an 8GB Kingston card that I have.

What is the best way to do this? Bearing in mind that I have moved some apps to the card (the rom uses Darktremor A2SD)

Some topics I have read say just copy the contents from old card to new card - others mention making partitions and some say to use Titanium Backup to backup the apps on the card and then restore them to the new card.

Guest Chocolate Columbo

Most simple way is probably as you mentioned, just partition it in Clockwork and copy it all over. If it's only 2GB you're upgrading from, it can't take all that long to copy it all.

Guest Android-Fan

Most simple way is probably as you mentioned, just partition it in Clockwork and copy it all over. If it's only 2GB you're upgrading from, it can't take all that long to copy it all.

thanks - but what exactly do I do when partitioning? what settings do I need to use?

Guest Android-Fan

Most common is to use ext partition of 512MB and no swap.

Thanks - I just copied everything from the old SD card to my pc and then everything from it onto the new SD card without doing any partitioning to see if it would work and it does seem to be working fine.

Can you please explain what the ext partition is for and if it is definitely needed? thanks

Guest brookergray

settings menu

Than there's no need to partition anything.

Tell the guy who told you to do so that he is an idiot for giving advice before knowing the circumstances.

Guest bladebuddy

Than there's no need to partition anything.

Tell the guy who told you to do so that he is an idiot for giving advice before knowing the circumstances.

There are two different forms of saving apps on your sd card app2sd if the app lets you move your apps to sd if compatible and a2sd which is the better option as you can carry on using them when connected to the p.c. This rom allows both and if the second option is not active you will need to partition your sd card and possibly activate through your terminal.

Guest brookergray

There are two different forms of saving apps on your sd card app2sd if the app lets you move your apps to sd if compatible and a2sd which is the better option as you can carry on using them when connected to the p.c. This rom allows both and if the second option is not active you will need to partition your sd card and possibly activate through your terminal.

It's not better for everyone especially not for those who need help with moving sdcards (no offense mate). It can result in data loss and you can't just take out your sdcard and insert a new one. If he doesn't need the extra space than it's best to not tell him that he needs to do something.