[ DEV ] HTC Sense

Guest weeo

Yeah okay… I've done that. So I asked a couple of people what they thought. They said you wont be able to use this as it is a Salsa Base. Is this Salsa or is it HTC Legend? Now I'm confuzzled. Well anyway, they said use the HTC WildFire/S as the base

Edited by weeo

Guest equiliym

I don't think it matters where in the build.prop you insert the line. The full name is: ro.sf.hardwarerotation

>>ro.sf.hwrotation=180

a sorry, hwrotation, not hardwarerotation. -.-

Thanks for the correction!

Thanks people. Ill add that BP. Why isn't it booting up anymore? With 220MB Partition?

Guest equiliym

Can anyone answer this question? http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1551708

imho, you would need to check /values/dimens.xml related files for everything that seems smaller.. if screen works, firstly check that, resize/change values and try how it works and then mess with pngs.. it wont be fun if some pngs are hdpi and others mdpi, it will just mess up everything on screen.. i did something like that once, was a pain

imho, you would need to check /values/dimens.xml related files for everything that seems smaller.. if screen works, firstly check that, resize/change values and try how it works and then mess with pngs.. it wont be fun if some pngs are hdpi and others mdpi, it will just mess up everything on screen.. i did something like that once, was a pain

Ok ill do that. Btw someone has told me that there is a LGP500 HTC SENSE ROM. Could that be any use to us? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1490351

Edited by weeo

Guest brookergray

Everything or just the images?

Did you do it manually or scripted it? Did you maintain the integrity of the 9 patches?

Edited by brookergray

Guest the_crevis

Everything or just the images?

Did you do it manually or scripted it? Did you maintain the integrity of the 9 patches?

everything, i didn't actually resize as you'd be here for the next 10 years if you tried, i ported hdpi sense 2.1 framework into the rom.

Guest Sulthekk

alpha2 coming soon... watch this space... everything is resized but the screen is still the wrong way up :(

Edit: launcher is working

Nice work crevis!

Guest brookergray

everything, i didn't actually resize as you'd be here for the next 10 years if you tried, i ported hdpi sense 2.1 framework into the rom.

Not necessarily. The regular images would be a 5 minute job and I had an idea for the 9 patches to that would make resizing them feasible.

The real PITA will be the layouts as the two devices have different screen ratios and this could result in some ugly apps if they're not using weight properties.

Guest the_crevis

Not necessarily. The regular images would be a 5 minute job and I had an idea for the 9 patches to that would make resizing them feasible.

The real PITA will be the layouts as the two devices have different screen ratios and this could result in some ugly apps if they're not using weight properties.

Oh absolutely, there's an app I've already used to resize the images for each apk all at once, but yes its the layouts that would have taken a while.

Looking forward to this. I've manges to get the rom correct way up. I hope this work's. I'm still carrying on the other sense one as that looks nice :-)

Oh absolutely, there's an app I've already used to resize the images for each apk all at once, but yes its the layouts that would have taken a while.

What did you do to resize? Its a pain going through one app at a time.

Guest brookergray

What did you do to resize? Its a pain going through one app at a time.

Why don't you just write an app in java? There must be countless of image libraries for it.

Why don't you just write an app in java? There must be countless of image libraries for it.

That's actually a good idea. Ill look into it :-)

Guest the_crevis

That's actually a good idea. Ill look into it :-)

weeo, how did you make the ROM the correct way up? Also can i be added to your google code project page? ;) i've pm'ed you my email

Edited by the_crevis

weeo, how did you make the ROM the correct way up? Also can i be added to your google code project page? ;)

Yes. What is your Google mail? Also PM me the link and ill put of fist post. I used the BP from LGP500 but editted it to Blade with HWrotation. Sorry for a quick reply. I'm releasing ICBread

Edited by weeo

Yes. What is your Google mail? Also PM me the link and ill put of fist post. I used the BP from LGP500 but editted it to Blade with HWrotation. Sorry for a quick reply. I'm releasing ICBread

I have added you to it. Im taking a look at the rom. Let me see if i can fix the rotation

Guest the_crevis

The rotation fix is in libsurfaceflinger. It needs to be hex edited. I post the file later today.

The libsurfaceflinger you sent me ages ago for this didn't work :/. The ROM wouldn't even boot.