[ROM] Performance Rom 4.3b *Play Store Fixed* Must Apply Patch After Setting Up Play

Guest Pinguy

Guest moojito

This is the first custom rom I've installed on my phone, and it's a huge improvement. Thanks!

Aside from the wifi issue listed above, the only real problem I have with this is that the royal bank of scotland app shows up as not compatible with the htc desire (as this rom makes the phone show up as). Is there an easy way to revert this change? I'm not bothered about playing gameloft games, but did find the rbs app extremely useful.

Cheers again for the great rom!

Edited by moojito

Guest moojito

Some googling leads me to believe that the relevant phone id stuff is in the build.prop file. I wonder if it's just the line:

ro.product.model=HTC Desire S
which needs to be changed, or all of the stuff below that, like:

ro.product.brand=htc_wwe

ro.product.name=htc_saga

ro.product.device=saga

ro.product.board=saga[/code]

and :

[CODE]ro.build.fingerprint=htc_wwe/htc_runnymede/runnymede:2.3.5/GRJ90/179367.1:user/release-keys[/code]

line too?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

edit: I went ahead and tried changing all of the above, and it worked fine. RBS app up and running again!

Edited by moojito

Guest Bowgart

Hi, thanks for this great ROM! Flashed the Blue ICS Themed Version - Links2SD 2 Days ago.

Now I need some help...

I flashed both Telephone Styles but I cant receive or make any Calls!

Any Ideas or Hints?

Edit: Seems to be a Provider Problem. Works with a differnt SIM, strange...

Edited by Bowgart

Guest cold123

Hello, I need a info: is technolovers kernel edition already installed? Is any need to install the kernel in this rom?

Edited by cold123

Guest omar_ita

Yes, read the first post.

Hello, I need a info: is technolovers kernel edition already installed? Is any need to install the kernel in this rom?

Guest VJftw

Is there any way to get the default Acer Music app working so that the music tab in notifications works?

I've pulled the apk from t&l metal, but the app fails to install. I've tried placing it in system/app but it doesn't appear as installed either so i'm guessing i'm missing some sort of other prerequisites.

Guest cold123

Hi, I have a problem

Using Performance Rom (and without overclocking) during a phonecall when I click the power button at the top (to make the screen goes online) sometimes the phone goes on "reset" and restart. Does it ever happen to you?

Also when loading smartphone takes at least 2 minutes to reach the Pin screen, and after that acer tells me "insufficient space", but then after 3-4 minutes the system will return to have ​​about 65 megabytes. Does it happen to you? Is it due to "link2sd" which already links all the applications at the startup? Is there a way to force him to stay with linked applications without me having to wait so long on startup?

------------------------------------

IN ITALIAN LANGUAGE:

Con la rom "Performance" e senza overclock mi è già capitato tre volte che il cellulare si "resetta" non appena, nel mentre o nel durante di una chiamata, clicco sul bottone di accensione in alto per far ritornare acceso lo schermo. Capita anche a voi?

Inoltre nel suo accendersi ci mette almeno 2 minuti e dopo il Pin mi segnala "spazio insufficiente" ma poi dopo circa 3-4 minuti si sistema da solo ritornando ad uno spazio di circa 65 megabyte. Succede anche a voi? E' dovuto a link2sd che si ricollega di nuovo tutte le applicazioni? Non c'è modo di imporgli di stare con le applicazioni collegate senza dover aspettare tanto all'avvio?

Guest Pinguy

I am sorry to inform you that development on all my ROMs for the Acer MT has ceased. I do still have access to the device but I have been running the Atrix for the last Month so don't use the Acer anymore.

The ROMs that I have started are all open meaning anyone can grab them and do what you like to them. You don't have to ask me if you can modfiy them and re-release them.

As the Acer MT isn't going to be getting ICS I see no point in using it anymore. People may try to port ICS to the handset but without Acer releasing official ICS drivers for the MT its going to be buggy.

Guest gazzfromoz

Sorry to hear you are going mate, thanks for all your work on the MT

I am using your rom,, love it, just find camera apps blur out in zoom mode

sometimes ??? Once again all the best in your next quest.

Guest ltpitt

Hi all!

I've finally decided to try this rom after changing my network operator (so I could try also miui and cm7)...

I've installed the suggested recovery (the one with sd-ext fixed) but when I install pinguy's rom (after a full wipe) I get:

assert failed: write_raw_image(/tmp/boot.img"."boot")

E:Error in /sdcard/PerformanceRomaV.4.3b_signed-Blue_ICS_themed-Links2sd.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted

I've downloaded once again both roms (links2sd and app2sdx) but no luck and same error...

What's wrong?

Guest ltpitt

I've edited the file with a lot of attention (one time leaving the comma one time taking it out) but now I get an "Installation aborted"...

What is wrong? :(

Guest ltpitt

Finally (trying again and again) I've managed to install...

It looks very fast but when I open the market (with my normal account) my purchased apps are not purchased anymore ò_ò

Guest ltpitt

I've restore my old Google Play application from Titanium Backup and now I got all my purchased apps back...

But I get an error when I try to buy new things:

Error

An error occurred. Please Try Again.

Guest ltpitt

I've been fighting a lot and looks like my main error was to flash Kernel while Techno's Kernel is included.

I still have the delay when I activate the phone from deep sleep but in the end that would be ok if vpn was working.

(On the other hand simply flashing the link2sd rom will not allow me do see gameloft and dead space on market)

Anybody has hint about VPN connecting but not working? :(

Edited by ltpitt

Guest Mtman1

I can't see the gameloft games either (ICS themed link2sd). It's a real shame coz this rom is so fast and amazing

Edited by Mtman1