MoDaCo Recommends... Best Tablet under £200 - Nominations needed

Guest Mark Dearlove

Guest richardmlea

The existing development community for the advent Vega and other p10an01 clones adds so much value to this old dog. The spec is still good value for money. The Vega gets my vote.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rwalton159

The Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II 8gb 1.2Ghz and NATPC M009S look identical. In fact there are quite a few on Amazon which look the same.

The NATPC M009S is the one I'm looking at getting. You can even buy a case which has a keyboard. You just connect the keyboard to the mini usb port on the tablet and you're away - a kinda notebook :)

• 1 month later...
Guest dreadful scathe

Am currently testing a Gemei G9 side by side with a Scroll Extreme - so far almost identical physically, same ports , possibly same screen but side by side Extremes blacks look a little blacker at the same brightness.

Quadrant Standard gives the Gemei a score of 1599 and the Extreme a score of 1632.

Cost (inc p&p) : Gemei was £154 (from http://ixsaccessories.co.uk/) and extreme £180 (from ebuyer but currently selling with a free £20 case).

Differences so far : Gemei has a worse battery, with very occasional use and then switching to standby the Extreme lasted 4 days (continual drain on standby always annoyed me with my vega) the gemei was fully charged 1 day ago and with about the same use and then on standby, the battery is now 56%.

Gemei has marginally less rom and ram, but has a 16gb internal sd card while extreme has 8gb, but the Extreme has successfully ran everything i have thrown at it - Gemei has crashed Google Earth and Angry Birds so far.

More later, if anyone cares :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.