[CLOSED 29-05-12]

Guest tillaz

Guest H3ROS

I agree to disagree, simply because that's R13 and I know H3 Blues scores higher than AtomICS and AtomicMod and I don't see that changing any time soon as I'm still improving it where as this will be your last release if theres no major bugs. But as we both said, it comes down to a users personal preference too. They might prefer one theme over another, and they might like the apps I offer or they might like the ones you offer.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

I agree to disagree, simply because that's R13 and I know H3 Blues scores higher than AtomICS and AtomicMod and I don't see that changing any time soon as I'm still improving it where as this will be your last release if theres no major bugs.

well, i don't think so.. i personally benchmarked your H3 blues & skatie & the currant AtomicMod and they all score the same

custom test

cpu & memory

2d graphics

3d graphics

all scored the same patterns

never higher than 1350

never lower than 1340

im working on fixing 2d performance that will bring it on par with R13 winch scores 1497

and to be honest i don't think it will be possible to push the crappy hardware any further..

no matter what you me or anyone else could do, lol remember the hardware has limits..

im not trying to big up my rom, or argue with you, just telling the truth ;)

Guest H3ROS

The hardware has limits, but it's what I've done with memory management and system properties that makes the difference.

Here's a quick demo with the ROM using stock settings, nothing stopped or altered for the test:

post-954400-0-04612500-1337533749_thumb.

And heres one overclocked:

post-954400-0-70371400-1337536830_thumb.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest RaTToX
custom test

cpu & memory

2d graphics

3d graphics

all scored the same patterns

never higher than 1350

never lower than 1340

Just tested my Phone (without Database IO & SD Card) and overclocked to 960MHz:

Total Score: 1722

Is this good?

Guest Der_Floo

People, not again. The issue you have already fully discussed in another thread. I use AtomicMod ever since the first version..and AtomICS came later .

Guest H3ROS

@ Der_Floo

Nothings going on here :P I've agreed to disagree with what Tillaz has said and have backed up what I've said if my words alone weren't enough for some people. What both of us agree on is that it's down to a users personal preference, because even if my ROM did perform better some may still prefer the ICS theme and bundled applications, and that goes the other way too.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

The hardware has limits, but it's what I've done with memory management and system properties that makes the difference.

Here's a quick demo with the ROM using stock settings, nothing stopped or altered for the test:

post-954400-0-04612500-1337533749_thumb.

And heres one overclocked:

post-954400-0-70371400-1337536830_thumb.

yeah but those are full benchmarks.. a big part of your score comes from your class 10 SDcard

you should be doing a custom benchmark & un-ticking sdcard & io so its accurate to the rom

to all others, don't think update will be today... had some trouble with a dell streak, so its looking like it will be tomorrow now

Guest Der_Floo

yeah but those are full benchmarks.. a big part of your score comes from your class 10 SDcard

you should be doing a custom benchmark & un-ticking sdcard & io so its accurate to the rom

to all others, don't think update will be today... had some trouble with a dell streak, so its looking like it will be tomorrow now

tillaz you are better :)

oh no :( mhh...i wait 3 hours if i must ;)

Guest tillaz

@ Tillaz

post-954400-0-20233300-1337544186_thumb.

Clocked less than RaTToX and I still score higher.

because you still have io scheduler ticked witch scores 270...

i only test the first 3... and it looks like you have also fixed 2d performance because before it was 140 max...

Guest H3ROS

Take away 270 from 1998 and it's 1728 which is still higher and still at a lower CPU frequency.

I've not changed anything to do with 2D performance since the first version of H3 Blues. I might of fixed it by error unless I sorted it out in AtomICS, I can't say for sure.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

Take away 270 from 1998 and it's 1728 which is still higher and still at a lower CPU frequency.

that's overclocked though 940Mhz... i was taking about stock speeds

every CPU acts different... not to mention diff governors

Guest tillaz

H3ROS...

i just downloaded H3 blues 1.2 flashed and ran benchmark... here is the result

post-913969-0-37272300-1337545770_thumb.

so your ether telling porky pie's :o or those results are not from 1.2 witch i was taking about lol

Guest H3ROS

But what I'm saying is I'm scoring higher than someone else thats got theres at a higher CPU frequency than me and in every test I've done I score the highest out of any ROM.

For you the best score for R13 was 1497, but for me H3 is higher still and as you can see I even have things running in the background (IM+).

post-954400-0-56023400-1337546088_thumb.

2D not going higher for you must be due to your skate or something. I'm using my latest release and I'm positive others can reproduce my figures too.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

ahh, so it looks like you are using the lagfree governor wich boosts the 2d performance... cool i never knew this

EDIT: this now shows that they still all score the same... my point in the first place

Guest H3ROS

Memory tweaks help a little, and some other stuff I've done, but as I've said it's still really down to a users personal choice. Whichever ROM is fastest it doesn't really matter because people may prefer the applications on one ROM to the other or even the way things are themed. On the Skate it's actually hard to even see the benefit towards some of the enhancements any of us make because the hardware itself isn't that powerful anyway. And many times I've seen people say that we optimize the ROM's and make them look great but they keep expecting more out of the battery, which is virtually impossible now because if we toned things down even more then the phone would be laggy :mellow:

Edit to go with your edit:

But for me, on my skate, I'm still scoring highest marks via H3 Blues. By much, no. I'm 24 points higher in that quick test I done against your R13 result. You wouldn't even notice the difference really.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

Memory tweaks help a little, and some other stuff I've done, but as I've said it's still really down to a users personal choice. Whichever ROM is fastest it doesn't really matter because people may prefer the applications on one ROM to the other or even the way things are themed. On the Skate it's actually hard to even see the benefit towards some of the enhancements any of us make because the hardware itself isn't that powerful anyway. And many times I've seen people say that we optimize the ROM's and make them look great but they keep expecting more out of the battery, which is virtually impossible now because if we toned things down even more then the phone would be laggy mellow.png

Edit to go with your edit:

But for me, on my skate, I'm still scoring highest marks via H3 Blues. By much, no. I'm 24 points higher in that quick test I done against your R13 result. You wouldn't even notice the difference really.

well using lagfree seems to increase benchmarks and iv not compared any of the roms using this... iv got some new init.d scripts for saving battery and improving touch responses along with other things

Guest H3ROS

I've tried many things to save battery. The only thing that seems effective is to increase the wifi scan interval, use 2G and make the max speed 480MHz. Anything else has a placebo effect IMO.

Guest tillaz

I've tried many things to save battery. The only thing that seems effective is to increase the wifi scan interval, use 2G and make the max speed 480MHz. Anything else has a placebo effect IMO.

once i upload the final release i will give you files to test for you self..

Guest H3ROS

Would be cool if you did. What I do when testing battery is fully charge and drain the phone a few times and I'll time how long it's lasted each cycle. I then make changes and see how much it's changed, but honestly it's never enhanced as much as people would hope for. The main problem, in my opinion, is that the battery in the Skate is too small for it's screen size.

Guest Asghar_UK

The sound on this ROM is amazing compared to the CM7 I had been using from the start.

Thanks, my new favourite ROM.

Guest RaTToX

and now everybody is happy ;) The End.

Don't get angry, you both make very good Roms, but everybody has it own favorite.

so... update is coming in a couple of days? ;D