Urgent Help needed!!! SD card not mounting anymore-phone is not able to detect the sdcard

Guest kooldroid

Guest kooldroid

I removed the microsd card from my phone for a while and then when Iconnected it back to the slot and rebooted the phone.Its not coming up, just showing the green android icon.So I removed the sdcard and switched on device, it came up ,working fine without sdcard.Then tried again by connecting the sdcard to the phone but the phone is longer able to mount the sdcard.Its not coming up with sdcard on it.I have Racerboy #224 on my Dell XDC28.Please let me how can I get the sdcard mounted on my phone again.Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by kooldroid

Guest TigTex

You have some options:

- Connect the SD card to an adapter and use it on your pc. backup everything and format your card

- Loose everything: go to clockworkmod - mounts and storage - format /sdcard (you will loose everything on sdcard!)

- You don't have a sdcard adapter? go to clockworkmod recovery - mounts and storage - mount usb. plug in your phone to your pc with usb cable. Backup/format/do whatever you want.

- Nothing solves that / card is unreadable? Tell me that and I will give you more help

Guest kooldroid

You have some options:

- Connect the SD card to an adapter and use it on your pc. backup everything and format your card

- Loose everything: go to clockworkmod - mounts and storage - format /sdcard (you will loose everything on sdcard!)

- You don't have a sdcard adapter? go to clockworkmod recovery - mounts and storage - mount usb. plug in your phone to your pc with usb cable. Backup/format/do whatever you want.

- Nothing solves that / card is unreadable? Tell me that and I will give you more help

Thanks Tig Tex for the response.

1)I donot have adapter/Card reader right now.Will arrange for it by tomorrow to either check the card is detected at all(throygh the reader), backup or format it,

2)Went to clockworkmod recovery(Photom-CWM-Recovery v4.0.1.5) witth sd card on slot....mounts and storage...format/sdcard..

its showing :- Formatting /sdcard.............Error mounting /sdcard !...........Skipping format............Done

3)Connected phone to pc via usb.......... mounts and storage-------mount usb storage.

its showing : - E: Unable to write to ums lunfile(No such file or directory)

:mellow: that is the status till now...will look for a card reader.....

Also when connected the phone to pc with usb cable I can see the removable disk(E:) icon under my computer.But if I try to format it...it says to insert the disk under E; drive.Obviously its not detecting the drive properly...will try with a card reader though...

I have ordered 8 GB sandisk microsdhc card.And the real worry is that if suppose my current 2 GB card is good may be the the hardware slot will be having problem which will not detect my new card too...I hope thats not the case....

Edited by kooldroid

Guest lfernandes

I had that issue with my sdcard and the only way i get it recovered was making a new partition with clockworkmode recovery. Create a new partition with all space of the sdcard

Guest kooldroid

Thanks for your adive....Guys.Its totally dead.I tried to check the sdcard from Data Reader/adapter.Its not getting detected.It says ,please insert a disk...its gone :mellow:.

lfernandes...Bro, phone with sdcard is not coming up...its just rebooting again and again.When I used to format it clockworkmode in recovery mode, it was not able to mount usb not able to format.Its just giving error: failure mounting.Some how the phone came up one time but when I used ROM Manager, it says please insert a disk....

Edited by kooldroid

Guest kooldroid

I had that issue with my sdcard and the only way i get it recovered was making a new partition with clockworkmode recovery. Create a new partition with all space of the sdcard

Hi Bro.......It did allo me to partition it.So I partistioned all of 256 to swap of 256.And for first time the phone came up with the sdcard on it.I connected the phone to pc with usb cable still it shows please insert a disk.Is there a faint chane I can recover the sd card.What is the next step after sdcard partition.I wanted the faint chance to become alive ...:) and hope its not all dead as i was thinking earlier....too optimistic...

Guest lfernandes

Hi Bro.......It did allo me to partition it.So I partistioned all of 256 to swap of 256.And for first time the phone came up with the sdcard on it.I connected the phone to pc with usb cable still it shows please insert a disk.Is there a faint chane I can recover the sd card.What is the next step after sdcard partition.I wanted the faint chance to become alive ...:) and hope its not all dead as i was thinking earlier....too optimistic...

Can clockwormod recovery mount it as drive? if it can do it and try to connect the phone booted on cwm to the pc to se if the pc can recognize it. if it does do a scandisk on it.