[ROM][ZTE Skate] AtomICS (Full Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest unomesmo

Work in progress.

post-954400-0-99420800-1335996579_thumb. post-954400-0-79903800-1335996602_thumb. post-954400-0-87197000-1335996626_thumb. post-954400-0-96768500-1335996693_thumb.

Currently I'm balancing out the blues and thinking about changing a few things. I've still got some icons to work out, but I prefer this theme to the matte one.

Nice White theme! Could you make in next release patch for these theme?

Work in progress.

post-954400-0-99420800-1335996579_thumb. post-954400-0-79903800-1335996602_thumb. post-954400-0-87197000-1335996626_thumb. post-954400-0-96768500-1335996693_thumb.

Currently I'm balancing out the blues and thinking about changing a few things. I've still got some icons to work out, but I prefer this theme to the matte one.

I like :)

Guest H3ROS

@ unomesmo

It's kind of blue, black and white.

I've been polishing things up so heres some new pics:

post-954400-0-71280900-1336174974_thumb. post-954400-0-37757600-1336174043_thumb. post-954400-0-90073300-1336174687_thumb.

Changes for the next version of the ROM aren't just cosmetic either :)

Edited by H3ROS

Guest jfabaf

Hi, first congratulations for the ROM.

In 1.4 I've found same issue, sometimes, when the skate is in stand by I push the power button but the screen don't respond, it is still off. The only way is remove the battery and put in again. I haven't got setCPU installed.

Other issue occurs when I reset the skate, sometimes the desktop icons disappear (link2sd problem?):

screenshot1334679996681.png

Thanks.

Edited by jfabaf

Guest felystar
Hi, first congratulations for the ROM.

In 1.4 I've found same issue, sometimes, when the skate is in stand by I push the power button but the screen don't respond, it is still off. The only way is remove the battery and put in again. I haven't got setCPU installed.

Other issue occurs when I reset the skate, sometimes the desktop icons disappear (link2sd problem?):

screenshot1334679996681.png

Thanks.

That is not a problem. When you turn on your phone you have to wait for it to load your SD. If the problem persists like two minutes later it must be another thing.

Hey guys do you know how can I open notifications bar in lockscreen just like in ICS?

Edited by felystar

Guest jfabaf

That is not a problem. When you turn on your phone you have to wait for it to load your SD. If the problem persists like two minutes later it must be another thing.

thanks, but yes, it's a problem because the icons never loads and the apps don't work. This is the link2sd error log:

link2sd-11link2sd.log:

Sun Apr 22 23:45:42 CEST 2012 mounting...

mount: Device or resource busy

rootfs / rootfs ro,noatime,nodiratime 0 0

tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,noatime,nodiratime,mode=755 0 0

devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,noatime,nodiratime,mode=600 0 0

proc /proc proc rw,noatime,nodiratime 0 0

sysfs /sys sysfs rw,noatime,nodiratime 0 0

none /acct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0

tmpfs /sqlite_stmt_journals tmpfs rw,noatime,nodiratime,size=4096k 0 0

tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,noatime,nodiratime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0

tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,noatime,nodiratime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0

/dev/block/mtdblock5 /system yaffs2 ro,noatime,nodiratime 0 0

/dev/block/mtdblock6 /data yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiratime 0 0

tmpfs /cache tmpfs rw,noatime,nodiratime,size=65536k,nr_inodes=65536,mode=770 0 0

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /data/sdext2 ext3 rw,relatime,errors=continue,barrier=0,data=writeback 0 0

Sun Apr 22 23:45:42 CEST 2012 mount finished

link2sd-debuggerd.log:

Sun Apr 22 23:45:03 CEST 2012 mounting...

mount: No such file or directory

rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0

tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755 0 0

devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0

proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0

sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0

tmpfs /sqlite_stmt_journals tmpfs rw,relatime,size=4096k 0 0

tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0

tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0

/dev/block/mtdblock5 /system yaffs2 ro,relatime 0 0

/dev/block/mtdblock6 /data yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0

tmpfs /cache tmpfs rw,relatime,size=65536k,nr_inodes=65536,mode=770 0 0

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /data/sdext2 ext3 rw,relatime,errors=continue,barrier=0,data=writeback 0 0

Sun Apr 22 23:45:25 CEST 2012 mount finished

debuggerd.bin launched

link2sd-install-recovery.log:

Sun Apr 22 23:45:03 CEST 2012 mounting...

mount: No such file or directory

rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0

tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755 0 0

devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0

proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0

sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0

tmpfs /sqlite_stmt_journals tmpfs rw,relatime,size=4096k 0 0

tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0

tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0

/dev/block/mtdblock5 /system yaffs2 ro,relatime 0 0

/dev/block/mtdblock6 /data yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0

tmpfs /cache tmpfs rw,relatime,size=65536k,nr_inodes=65536,mode=770 0 0

Sun Apr 22 23:45:25 CEST 2012 mount finished

Anyway, this issue is worse:

Thanks.

Anyway, this issue is worse:

Thanks.

Maybe you should do a clean install!

This is my daily rom,and I have not even one problem with it.

Have you changed the cpu profile in settings/AtomICS settings/cpu settings ? What you are describing sounds like the clock speed is too low.

Alos,if your apps take long time to load from SD Card,try using a class 10 card,or dump go ex as it has problems with loading apps/icons anyway,I may be wrong,but thats my opinion based on using the launcher.

If you want a fast launcher and are not bothered about loads of features,then I suggest you use this sony xperia s launcher:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1557091

Or there is FTL Launcher which is fast also.

Edited by Guest

Guest Redstarr1

Maybe you should do a clean install!

This is my daily rom,and I have not even one problem with it.

Have you changed the cpu profile in settings/AtomICS settings/cpu settings ? What you are describing sounds like the clock speed is too low.

Alos,if your apps take long time to load from SD Card,try using a class 10 card,or dump go ex as it has problems with loading apps/icons anyway,I may be wrong,but thats my opinion based on using the launcher.

If you want a fast launcher and are not bothered about loads of features,then I suggest you use this sony xperia s launcher:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1557091

Or there is FTL Launcher which is fast also.

Class 10 is not really necessary. I've got a class 6 card and it loads apps just fine (not as fast as I'd like, but I doubt even a class 10 card would be sufficient then, I'm used to my iPod Touch). His problem is probably more on the software side than hardware. Although if he only has a class 2 card, I'd agree he needs a faster one.

Oh and what kind of non-cosmetic updates can we expect from the next version? Maybe a new name as well?

Guest H3ROS

@ jfabaf

With Link2SD make sure it's fully up to date and then go to more options and select to relink library files and recreate mount scripts. Apparently there was a relink bug in 2.0.3, I wouldn't know though as I instead partition my phone and use internal memory for all important applications and use regular SD card linking for everything else.

As for the power button not responding, that could be related to your Link2SD issue. As suggested, maybe backup and then try a different sd card?

Guest jfabaf

I've got a new Samsung class 10 SD card with no errors (checked in PC)

I've recreated the mount scripts and library links but it doesn't work.

When I installed the ROM I did full wipe and format system, then I restored the apps with titanium backup.

Thanks.

Edited by jfabaf

Guest felystar

H3ROS will you release a new version soon? Because I have to delete everything in my phone and I will install 1.4 again but if you will make another version I will wait to install that :)

Guest H3ROS

@ jfabaf

I'm not sure what to suggest. It could be an app causing it, it could be titanium backup and how it restores or it could be something in the ROM that's conflicting with your hardware revision. The thing is if it was a fault with the ROM itself I would expect a lot more people mentining the issue, but theres not :unsure:

@ felystar

I'm still working on the next version so you're best off installing 1.4 again. I'd rather put out a high quality release than a rushed one :)

New pics:

post-954400-0-47601800-1336243027_thumb. post-954400-0-49117500-1336243039_thumb.

Guest H3ROS

I will offer the old theme as an addon if people should want it, but the new theme won't be an addon at all as I've modified a lot of the ROM. There will also be all of the new tweaks and optimizations, plus I may even rebrand it if I can come up with a new name.

Guest whippet

I will offer the old theme as an addon if people should want it, but the new theme won't be an addon at all as I've modified a lot of the ROM. There will also be all of the new tweaks and optimizations, plus I may even rebrand it if I can come up with a new name.

You could keep with the Atomic theme and go NeutronICS. Or how about ICaruS..... :-)

Edited by whippet

Guest TouchyAndalou

I like an ICS type theme, so this is good news for me :)

Will there be any disadvantages to using the old theme though? Like missing tweaks and optimisations?

Guest H3ROS

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm not wanting to be another ICS themed ROM at this point. I'd just rather do something unique so the ROM stands out on it's own and isn't really based off what anyone else here is doing.

* Different look

* Different handling of Dolby (closer to stock)

* Different performance tweaks

* Different applications

Guest H3ROS

I like an ICS type theme, so this is good news for me :)

Will there be any disadvantages to using the old theme though? Like missing tweaks and optimisations?

Not if I update one or two things, but you may end up trying the stock theme and liking it a lot. It looks even better on the device as it's not upscaled like the pictures :)

Guest MRDIVX

Excuse me if my English is not very good. Congratulations from Spain. Great Job. Very good sound. One question... ¿have this Rom bravia engine?

Guest H3ROS

@ jikobutsu

I could simply call it "H3" but I'm not sure if that would confuse people as it's so short. Maybe "H3 Blues".

@ MRDIVX

It does :)

Guest Redstarr1

Everyone abbreviates CyanogenMod to CM (CM7, CM9, ...), so I don't think a short name is bad. But perhaps ending the name on a number wouldn't be good because you'll want to give version numbers. H3 1.5 wouldn't really work :P. Adding Blues is good ... the name should refer to something unique about your ROM I think.

Just brainstorming here now, if you go with the blue theme, you could call it Aqua, or maybe MarineMod (sounds tough :D). Ehm or H3O (water .. but with a H3 in it ..). And in chemistry, that's a hydronium ion. That's a molecule so in a way .. better than an atom? :P

(how did I go from looking for a new name to chemistry in 2 sentences :D)

Guest C3C0

Interesting topic. Just a quick info on how I got to SKatie name of my rom. Simple: Katie is the name of my daughter :)