[ROM][ZTE Skate] AtomICS (Full Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest TouchyAndalou

I've released version 1.1 :) It fixes a bug in the camera which would cause it to force close when being used by other applications e.g. Instagram.

The first post contains both a full new ROM and a small patch for existing users.

@ TouchyAndalou

I'll fix that soon. I think I know exactly whats causing it.

Update:

Okay, try this: http://www.fileswap....e_v1.2.zip.html

Sky Sports will continue to crash, but the stock video player should be working now. I'll fix Sky Sports soon too.

Yeah, that's done the trick in the stock video app all right. Great job, loving this ROM.

One question though: would you recommend applying CoaBalboa's GPS patch or is it not required? Thanks.

Guest H3ROS

It'd work, but if you use it you're connecting to some random guys website (derekgordon [dot] com). That's why I didn't include it in the ROM.

I'm having issues fixing Sky Sports. It's got ICS support built into it so when recompiling it's tricky to do and doesn't always seem to work :(

Edited by H3ROS

Guest PejotA
It'd work, but if you use it you're connecting to some random guys website (derekgordon [dot] com). That's why I didn't include it in the ROM.

I'm having issues fixing Sky Sports. It's got ICS support built into it so when recompiling it's tricky to do and doesn't always seem to work

Hello my friend ... okay?

I'm using your Rom version and the first informed about small bug in initialization of FC and now with the update issue is resolved.

Great job guy!

thank you

Guest TouchyAndalou

I'm having issues fixing Sky Sports. It's got ICS support built into it so when recompiling it's tricky to do and doesn't always seem to work :(

It's not a big issue for me, because Dolby works within the app - you just can't switch it on/off. And that's a very small concern considering how otherwise stable this ROM is.

I didn't know that about the GPS fix, so thanks. Think I'll give it a miss.

Guest H3ROS

@ PejotA

You're welcome :D

I will make a 1.2 version of the ROM to go with the patch shortly.

@ TouchyAndalou

I'll keep looking into it, but with time apktool will better support ICS apk's and then I should have no problem addressing the problems some third party applications may have :)

I found one little bit off stock orange in the theme,thought I would let you know,even though it is a tiny thing.lol

AtomICS settings/power widget buttons/brightness modes.On the tab when you touch it,there is orange whereas other ones like that are ics blue.

I tried getting a screenshot but it couldn't catch it.

Guest tillaz

@ PejotA

You're welcome :D

I will make a 1.2 version of the ROM to go with the patch shortly.

@ TouchyAndalou

I'll keep looking into it, but with time apktool will better support ICS apk's and then I should have no problem addressing the problems some third party applications may have :)

the apktool.jar i sent you should work with all ICS app's, i finally managed to get the new nofrillsCPU recompiled & working...

also of topic but since im here, what did you use to deodex the stock rom? for some reason nothing will fully work for meblink.gif...

Guest H3ROS

I just used the regular baksmali.jar, size at 1024.

I tried the apktool you gave me on nofrills but I couldn't get it to work. Even if I decompiled and then recompiled it right away the resulting apk wouldn't work on any ROM. Is there something I'm missing there?

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

I tried the apktool you gave me on nofrills but I couldn't get it to work. Even if I decompiled and then recompiled it right away the resulting apk wouldn't work on any ROM. Is there something I'm missing there?

did you sign it ?

Guest H3ROS

I tried signing it and I also tried to keep the original signatures, but neither of them worked.

Version 1.2 is now up for download. It's stable and can be used for every day usage :)

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

could you explain a little more? even when i try using the custom BOOTCLASSPATH from init.rc it still fails framework.jar and policy and a fyew others blink.gif

if anyone has any tips on how to deodex framework fully i would love to here them,

Guest Bekzod

Hi H3ROS, I've installed ur rom, it's very good) loved it, but befor this rom i used splashmod, it has more functions in settings menu, so can i use them in this one? is it possible? to install them

Guest H3ROS

@ jikobutsu

I see it. I know of one other places theres a little orange too so I'll look into correcting that shortly.

@ Bekzod

It's not possible since Splashmod is based on CM7 and this ROM is based on stock Android. You'd be giving up a few settings for better battery life and audio quality.

I can't believe how good battery is on this rom.

Any rom I have used with 1% battery seems to go down like the second hand on a watch,but this rom its like 1-2min before it goes down a percent.

Edited by Guest

Guest H3ROS

That's not a bad looking battery mod. It seems to fit in rather well with the other icons :)

The battery has been great for me too. I think it helps that it's using Android 2.3.5 and C3C0's kernel has been rather impressive.

Guest H3ROS

There's no volume button control linked in with the camera because I wasn't sure if that would prevent you from adjusting the volume when doing video recording (if it even does that?). The other issue I had with that was when holding the camera (phone*) and using the button I found that sometimes one of my fingers would cover the lens. However, it does allow you to use the volume controls to do the spacing and control your music with the screen turned off. It also has the CRT off animation :)

I could release an addon for that feature, if I can get it working again and people want it.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest robneymcplum

There's no volume button control linked in with the camera because I wasn't sure if that would prevent you from adjusting the volume when doing video recording (if it even does that?). The other issue I had with that was when holding the camera and using the button I found that sometimes one of my fingers would cover the lens. However, it does allow you to use the volume controls to do the spacing and control your music with the screen turned off. It also has the CRT off animation :)

I could release an addon for that feature, if I can get it working again and people want it.

Ta, just my hands shake like a bastard and have trouble using the on screen button LOL, I dont shoot video so if it affect video I personally dont care, but others might.

@H3ROS,

I want to use setcpu in settings instead of nofrills,as setcpu is what I have always used.

I decompiled atomICS settings and made the appropriate changes to settings.xml to have setcpu.But no work,have I missed something,or loads lol

@H3ROS,

The AtomICS Settings still work but the moment I try to enter CPU settings I get a toast message saying that setcpu has force closed.

Maybe I need to do something to settings.apk or setcpu,or maybe I just missed something in atomics settings.

Edited by Guest