[ROM][ZTE Skate] AtomICS (Full Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

@ felystar

Well, why not just use this ROM? It's built off a newer source than LogicMod, has a better kernel and has everything working.

@ jikobutsu

It should be this:

<PreferenceScreen android:title="@string/cpu_settings">

<intent android:targetPackage="com.mhuang.overclocking" android:action="android.intent.action.MAIN" android:targetClass="com.mhuang.overclocking.Setcpu" />

</PreferenceScreen>

Edited by H3ROS

Not forgetting the battery life is outstanding!

I put a fresh charged battery in my phone nearly 30min ago,I am OC'd a little over 900Mhz....and I am at 96% battery.I didn't even get that good on stock orange rom. Edit: @H3ROS,that's what I did in settings.xml in AtomICS settings.I checked the package name of setcpu before decompiling. Is that all that needs doing then? I will try again later tonight. Do you know how to hide the setcpu launcher icon like tillaz did on Atomic?

Edited by Guest

Guest felystar

@ felystar

Well, why not just use this ROM? It's built off a newer source than LogicMod, has a better kernel and has everything working.

Ok so if the kernel is better battery duration will be too?? Cuz with logicmod with 773 mhz as maxium and ondemand it drains a lot, but I have just charged it once.

When I install this, should I let it drain completly and charge it with off screen??

What about status bar... can I add what I wanr such as logic mod and swipe off etc?

Edited by felystar

Guest H3ROS

@ jikobutsu

To hide the icon remove this line from your applications manifest file:

<category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />

I'd suggest decompiling and compiling it via command line. You may then be able to take settings.xml from the new apk and drop it into the default one and it might work if everything else has the same file size.

@ felystar

Correct, the battery duration is good.

If you drain the phone and then charge from the mains and leave it an extra 20 to 30 minutes after it says 100% then that's when I see the best results. Sometimes the phone can go around 4 days with mild usage.

As for the features, it has most things AtomicMod, LogicMod and SKatie do. I've removed some stuff and have added things like superuser and car mode. I guess you could say that I was looking to build a ROM that suites everyone and has the essentials built in.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest felystar

@H3ROS,

Cheers m8,I will have another crack at it later when I am home.

Sent from my ZTE Skate using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

If u get it, will u publish a kinda zip for installing and get it instead of no frills? Or at least the zip without the apk of setCPU?

Guest Pincho1979

Hello, i am new here, yesterday I installed this rom (working great) but i would like to know how prevent nofrills to work, because i want to install setcpu and don't want incompatibilities betwen them. I assume that is possible to make a change but I'm so noob customing a rom...

by the way i always have a trouble with go launcher: icons in dock bar are very low responsive, i must press them sometimes 3 or more times to work. It doesn't happen with any other launcher...What could be the reason??

thanks in advance and go ahead with atomics, is a great rom

PD sorry if my english is no so good (i know it is not)

Guest H3ROS

No-frills isn't activated unless you selected to run it at boot. You can fully remove it, but then the menu entry will bug out if you ever click it.

For me the icons in the dock bar work fine so I'm not sure what to say about that. Maybe you could set the dock row to 1?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rootuninstaller.free

The above application will allow you to remove no-frills, and you can also remove go launcher if you wish :) Just make sure you have another launcher setup correctly and you never uninstall it.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Pincho1979

ok , i dont need to uninstall it, only disabling, dont want to break integrity of system menu

about go launcher i have set 1 row and seems to work fine now... will try

greetings from spain

Hello, i am new here, yesterday I installed this rom (working great) but i would like to know how prevent nofrills to work, because i want to install setcpu and don't want incompatibilities betwen them. I assume that is possible to make a change but I'm so noob customing a rom...

by the way i always have a trouble with go launcher: icons in dock bar are very low responsive, i must press them sometimes 3 or more times to work. It doesn't happen with any other launcher...What could be the reason??

thanks in advance and go ahead with atomics, is a great rom

PD sorry if my english is no so good (i know it is not)

+1

btw its on every rom i tried :(

I now use FLT launcher its very quick and smooth

Edited by ebus

Guest aamiel

This ROM looks really good but I keep having "play shop" FC. Anyone else with this issue?

UPDATE:

Changed to 200M TPT and reflashed everything. All fine now

Edited by aamiel

Guest Obsydian

Flashed and using now for a few days, excellent work, does everything it says and no issues, actually prefer it to the standard Atomic build, love the battery life also.

Guest H3ROS

@ ebus

Maybe a bug with go launcher then, but I'm sure it'd get fixed with time.

@ aamiel

I've not had it force close, but I have had it exit randomly. I had the same thing on other ROM's too though and it was fine before google changed it from the market.

@ mare82

As easy as the rest. You can flash it and everything will work as you'd expect it to. No bugs from what I can see.

@ others

Thanks guys for the compliments :D

Guest mare82

[quote name='H3ROS' timestamp='1334054966'

@ mare82

As easy as the rest. You can flash it and everything will work as you'd expect it to. No bugs from what I can see.

Guest H3ROS

@ jikobutsu

I'll look into it when I get a few minutes later today.

Update: Sent you a PM.

@ mare82

It's done automatically.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest mare82

@ jikobutsu

I'll look into it when I get a few minutes later today.

Update: Sent you a PM.

@ mare82

It's done automatically.

It's find for now. I got one restart for now, maybe is my mistake. I trying to install alot app from app backup and phone restarted ...

Guest Pincho1979

+1

btw its on every rom i tried :(

I now use FLT launcher its very quick and smooth

on every rom i have tried too

and is not working fine with only 1 row in dock

i cant find flt launcher...

Guest dhoomktoo

Whenever I install a new rom I change the mac address entry in the nv_4319. txt file in system/etc for the WIFI to work. but for this rom I am not able change it. it errors out due to access issues. Is there a way to resolve this?

Guest mare82

Anyone who downloaded my battery mod from previous page,you might want to download again,the charging animation was not right ;)

For what is it this "pach" ?