[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Have flashed that Rom and had a play round with it and it looks good but personallty I prefer this Rom over the the AOKP.

Yup, personal preference, some people prefer AOKP, some people prefer CM9. That's why they both exist. :P

Guest welshrage

just flashed aokp,a2sd and gapps... did the a2sd things on terminal emulator,restored user apps via titanium backup, restored some system apps (such as maps,gmail and rom manager),rebooted and now my phone is stuck on "Android is Upgrading, Starting Applications" ... any ideas how to sort this? had no probs whatsoever on Dazzozo's CM9 rom, yet i love the features in aokp and wanna try this for a week or so to compare

Guest NinjehKitteh

my4yan.png

It's back. It works this time!

Are we getting that? Isn't it the same as what the buttons on our phones already do, besides the multi tasking which just requires us to hold the home button?

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

Are we getting that? Isn't it the same as what the buttons on our phones already do, besides the multi tasking which just requires us to hold the home button?

-Ninjeh.

This was a teaser for the AOKP release.

Guest NinjehKitteh

Ohh :P

AOKP looks cool, I'll give it a try.

And wasn't that bottom bar only inteneded for phones which don't have the capacitive or hardware buttons at the bottom so they have some way to navigate around?

-Ninjeh.

Edited by NinjehKitteh

Guest Dazzozo
Ohh :P

AOKP looks cool, I'll give it a try.

And wasn't that bottom bar only inteneded for phones which don't have the capacitive or hardware buttons at the bottom son they have some way to navigate around?

-Ninjeh.

It's an option you can enable. Helps AmbushReality as he may have broken his menu button. :P

Edit: plus they're customisable.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest AmbushReality

It's an option you can enable. Helps AmbushReality as he may have broken his menu button. :P

Edit: plus they're customisable.

Pffftt i would use it if APPS DIDNT CLOSE AFTER 5 SECONDS ;-)

Guest welshrage

Pffftt i would use it if APPS DIDNT CLOSE AFTER 5 SECONDS ;-)

i agree... sod aokp,am nandroid restoring my CM9, 100% more stable and usable

Guest Dazzozo

Experiences "vary" with AOKP, lets say. Some people are having success with it and others aren't. It is a much newer project when compared to CM9 and I'm using the same device configuration to build it, so it's out of my control, really.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

I'll stick to CM9 then! Any ideas when the camera fix will be rolling out? I know you hate it when people ask for E.T.A's but I'm just curious if it's going to appear soon.

Thanks

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Sounds good, any ETA?

My battery has went from 100% to 18% at 12pm. it's been unplugged since 8am, surely this isn't right, I had no battery issues on FNC. (I had wifi turned off, bluetooth turned off, gps turned off, the only thing I was using was 3g) How can I sort the battery out?

Thanks

Guest BLu3HaZe

@Curtis - One rule of CM, no ETA's to be asked :P

As for your battery life, I myself had it on the low side when using CM9 but that has been a long time since Daz suggested me to check CM7 and I'm sure ICS has come a long way since then. You should check in spare parts, what's keeping your phone awake. I once forgot to turn off mobile data and Google services had killed the battery overnight and phone had turned off.

Been constantly keeping up with your work here guys, well done for all the progress! Quick question btw, didn't see others having this or reported as an issue, but do you guys get strange lines when watching YouTube videos through the app? Same issue with playing videos through gallery / stock video player. But MX Player works fine. Any ideas how I could fix it? Or is it normal for the time being?

Edited by BLu3HaZe