[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest fr0do

On cm7 & cm9 there are controls to set the brightness levels to turn the buttons on. Also... FBL2a has tweaked light levels.

Guest Steve Rothery

just realised that when the display is set to auto brightness the lights are on automatically, never even thought of checking auto brightness, and it is rather bright with them on lol

Guest windy_miller

Yesterday I flash to R7, but there are many crash so I completely reflashed (wipes, kernel, gapps,...) to R6. About 2 hours it was OK, but after third reboot Home button is not working, only vibrate.

Did you flash R7 or R7a? R7 has a crash bug in it (read the 3rd post in this topic).

Guest windy_miller

Wow,i even signed the petition without even knowing what that is....but im learning this android fast!So no hardware decoding,well that sucks even though im loving CM9 i dont think i can keep it without video playback and crappy camera... :( Is there any unbranded ROM for Vivacity that doesnt lag like t mobile/telenor one??

Yeah the lack of hardware codecs is quite annoying :( Hopefully qualcomm will get their arses in gear and release something.

Daz, does your CM7 ROM have hardware decoding? Are you going to be doing any more work on CM7 or are you just working on CM9 now?

Guest Dazzozo

Yeah the lack of hardware codecs is quite annoying :( Hopefully qualcomm will get their arses in gear and release something.

Daz, does your CM7 ROM have hardware decoding? Are you going to be doing any more work on CM7 or are you just working on CM9 now?

It has working decoding, yes, as we have libraries with the correct API version there. We're using the same libraries with ICS at the moment but obviously they're a lower API version so they don't work.

Guest Josef Prusa

<p>Not Working:

• Panorama
  • Hardware decoding (and probably never will work)
  • Front Camera

Flashed yesterday onto my Vivacity. Here are my findings:

- the Bluetooth works only when the wi-fi is witched on, often only after a reboot (known issue)

- the camera can record video but the video cannot be played back, third party cameras fail to record anything at all

- the flash does not work at all

- the phone is rather power hungry, loses some 10% of battery every hour. I'll give the battery some more time to settle, plus I have been stretching it quite a bit...

Still, this looks like the first release I can live with.

Thanks Dazz!

Guest windy_miller

- the phone is rather power hungry, loses some 10% of battery every hour. I'll give the battery some more time to settle, plus I have been stretching it quite a bit...

Do you have Wi-fi turned on? If so try this... Settings->Wif-Fi->Press Menu->Advanced->Keep Wi-fi on during sleep->Set to "Only When Plugged In" or "Never"

Guest zorbon

Did you flash R7 or R7a? R7 has a crash bug in it (read the 3rd post in this topic).

Now I am on R6 and there is Home key not working. Before few days on R6 was Home key work, but now no. I reflash GApps and kernel, but without any change.

Maybe I must go to CM7 or F'n'Ch, but I'd like stay on CM9 with paid Apex launcher. :-/

Guest fr0do

- the camera can record video but the video cannot be played back, third party cameras fail to record anything at all

!

Yeah, you can play them back on a PC, or anything with working HW decoding ;)

Guest Dazzozo

Now I am on R6 and there is Home key not working. Before few days on R6 was Home key work, but now no. I reflash GApps and kernel, but without any change.

Maybe I must go to CM7 or F'n'Ch, but I'd like stay on CM9 with paid Apex launcher. :-/

Ever considered the idea that your home key might be broken? :P

Guest zorbon

Ever considered the idea that your home key might be broken? :P

No, because on F'n'Ch is everything OK and on R6 before few days ago also everything OK. After one reboot with reflashed R6 it is not working.

What can help me? New reflash, AOKP, CM7 or F'n'Ch?

Guest Dazzozo

No, because on F'n'Ch is everything OK and on R6 before few days ago also everything OK. After one reboot with reflashed R6 it is not working.

What can help me? New reflash, AOKP, CM7 or F'n'Ch?

Flash it again and wipe every partition beforehand. It doesn't make much sense for you to have a different type of touchscreen as it previously worked for you.

Guest zorbon

Flash it again and wipe every partition beforehand. It doesn't make much sense for you to have a different type of touchscreen as it previously worked for you.

After my Friday exam of Math I do it. :-)

Guest Josef Prusa

Hmm, any idea if there's any player that could manage that in software on the phone?

Guest shockdj

been absolutely pulling my hair out all day over this rom. Phone has been pretty stable with previous builds. Updated last night to R7a and had nothing but problems. Abysmal battery life, phone totally locking up needing a battery pull, random reboots, slow response touch screen, phone getting really hot during calls/charging. Did a total wipe, flashed back to stock, formated my 16gb class 4 sd card, repartioned it, fresh install of R7a again, phone ok for a while. then back to square one. I use titanium to backup/install apps, only adding my google account once i have used titanium to put my apps back on. I dont overclock the phone, and when i reinstall apps i always choose install app only not data as well.

I set up Link2sd to auto install apps rather than choose internal/external.

Help me someone before i throw my phone out the window lol.

Dazzozo!!! I love ICS rom but this has been doing my nut in all day. Ive read loads of topics on here today about best sd card partition sizes and so on, best way to install apps etc etc etc.

Maybe someone could write a guide to be stickied to the 1st page of this thread with a step by step guide on a total install, how to add apps from a backup and so on.

HELP!!!!!

Guest Dazzozo

been absolutely pulling my hair out all day over this rom. Phone has been pretty stable with previous builds. Updated last night to R7a and had nothing but problems. Abysmal battery life, phone totally locking up needing a battery pull, random reboots, slow response touch screen, phone getting really hot during calls/charging. Did a total wipe, flashed back to stock, formated my 16gb class 4 sd card, repartioned it, fresh install of R7a again, phone ok for a while. then back to square one. I use titanium to backup/install apps, only adding my google account once i have used titanium to put my apps back on. I dont overclock the phone, and when i reinstall apps i always choose install app only not data as well.

I set up Link2sd to auto install apps rather than choose internal/external.

Help me someone before i throw my phone out the window lol.

Dazzozo!!! I love ICS rom but this has been doing my nut in all day. Ive read loads of topics on here today about best sd card partition sizes and so on, best way to install apps etc etc etc.

Maybe someone could write a guide to be stickied to the 1st page of this thread with a step by step guide on a total install, how to add apps from a backup and so on.

HELP!!!!!

There's not a lot I can say if it can't be reproduced by me. I've managed to restore all my apps and use it today and everything seems fine.

People's mileage seems to vary and it looks like you've just had a bad run. Try it again and be careful with what you're doing, especially watch what you're restoring with TB.

Guest fr0do

Hmm, any idea if there's any player that could manage that in software on the phone?

Yes, any phone should come with a built in player, except one without decoding like this rom currently ;)

Put CM7 or FNC or any other rom besides the WIP ICS roms with missing decoder and it will play fine. I've tested it.

Edited by fr0do

Guest shockdj

Gonna give it another try again now. Fingers crossed. Is there any new build due anytime soon cos if there is i might just hold back and stick with a stock rom for a few days? :-)

Guest Dazzozo

Gonna give it another try again now. Fingers crossed. Is there any new build due anytime soon cos if there is i might just hold back and stick with a stock rom for a few days? :-)

Nothing too soon. Things seem to fall roughly in to weekly releases.

Guest Dazzozo

are you still working on aokp daz

I've not 'abandoned' anything nor do I intend to. If people want an AOKP build just say so.

Guest AmbushReality

I've not 'abandoned' anything nor do I intend to. If people want an AOKP build just say so.

I want an AOKP build please :)

Guest Josef Prusa

The videos on my Vivacity actually had 0 B length. So in my case the video was not recorded at all.. :(