[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest jamesrl

Installed rl9 today. Camera flash does not seem to work (known issue) and gallery does not sync with the picassa saves.

20/6/12 Gallery syncing now...

Edited by jamesrl

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

My device isn't appearing to be going into deep sleep, running latest CM9- Any ideas?

Did you read above and change the audio options on your phone?

Guest app10336

Tested with all wipe possible/Calibrated/reboot... tested from other french Blade users too:

eee901225110405f9721af108edbe713be76464e.png

Proximity sensor lock in "far" value.

Edited by app10336

Guest misodoctakleidist

I had a strange problem this morning with my phone losing about 1% charge every minute with the screen off. According to the battery stats it was caused by Mobile Standby, and after a reboot it returned to normal. I don't know if this is a bug in the ROM or if it was just a freak occurrence.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Just downloaded BetterBatteryStats, currently doing a full charge then I'll start inspecting the cause! It seemed to start going into deep sleep earlier when I checked CPUSpy. I have the touch sounds turned off anyway, i always do.

Do you guys leave your 3G turned on from when you wake up till you get back from work/college/school? I normally turn it off and only use it when I need it but if the battery can cope with it being left on then that'd be great.

Any battery saving tips?

Thanks

Guest Dazzozo

I have mobile data permanently on, the only thing that differs when I'm out and battery saving is screen brightness -> auto and sound profile set to vibrate only.

I toggle Wi-Fi on myself when I get home and I switch the profile back, and turn full brightness on.

Guest NinjehKitteh

My battery life is abysmal! I never have Wi-Fi on as I use my mobile internet, my screen is always on auto-brightness and everything is on vibrate.

I'm lucky to have it last 8 hours when I'm doing nothing.

Main reason - I'm only on R5 xD

-Ninjeh.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

I have brightness on max, but I normally adjust between max and auto, my phone is always on vibrate and my wifi is turned off until i get home from college. I'll have to do a full test run tomorrow from a full charge. Wish me luck.

Guest NinjehKitteh

Is there any way I can get the browser back? I installed another browser, and without realising, it replaced my stock, but now this one doesn't actually work.

I don't want to have to re-flash the whole ROM again :/

-Ninjeh.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

You could download the ROM file and extract the browser apk and push it to system?

Oh and can anyone explain this issue, loads of camera apps seem to load like this- This is a panorama app- it works but this is how the preview looks;

Screenshot_2012-06-18-18-56-09.png

Guest chris231

Just wanted to ask these apps in the rom below, can I remove them before flashing, since I don't use them (or I don' think I do). Or would that cause problems.

Apollo

DSP Manager

News & Weather

ROM Manager

Do I just remove the apks from the zip or is there other stuff I must do?

Thanks

Chris

Guest Dazzozo
Just wanted to ask these apps in the rom below, can I remove them before flashing, since I don't use them (or I don' think I do). Or would that cause problems.

Apollo

DSP Manager

News & Weather

ROM Manager

Do I just remove the apks from the zip or is there other stuff I must do?

Thanks

Chris

Should be fine and yes it's as simple as that.

Guest Sonuxis

About the proximity sensor and light sensor, I also have a French "Blade S" and I don't have any of the problems mentioned - I installed the rom by doing a full wipe and then titanium backup to restore my files, for the record.

Guest b4da55

It just makes no logical sense. The sensor stuff has never actually been changed.

its your creation so obviously you know what you do but proximity sensor only started working on this release for me

Guest domenico lamberti

is anyone else getting the "issue" where the mobile network keeps disconnecting? and the only way to fix is a reboot, it miht just be my phone, or GiffGaff's network i hae no idea, i'm just asking

Guest BLu3HaZe

A switch to airplane mode and back fixes that too, I'm not in UK but that should be a network issue as switching between 2G/3G shows one network working.

Guest domenico lamberti

thanks, next time it occurs i shall try switching to Airplane mode and back again to see if that resolves it